Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

John 18! JOhn 18

3 posters

Go down

John 18! JOhn 18 Empty John 18! JOhn 18

Post  JacobPk Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:17 pm

Random fact for the day: The earth is closest to the sun during January, that, i didn't know.

John 18
Jesus Arrested dun dun dun dun silent
Ok i have 2 quesitons before starting,, why was the servant's name Malchus mentioned? Is he somewhat important? AND when Peter cut off Malchus ear why did Jesus say"Shall I not drink the cup the Father has given me?"

Judas must've felt like crap seeing that Jesus wasn't freeing himself, but insisting that they take him.

Anyway I want to talk about Peter's Denial! When have we ever said "God i'll never doubt you" but ended up denying him? Whether if it was infront of friends, excuses, etc. I use to do it all the time, when my friends asked" Why aren't you free sunday,,, church?" and i would always respond" No, i have homework" or " I'm going out". I felt ashamed for soemthing i SHOULD be showing off to the world. I didn't want my friends to see me as a person that had morals, or the GOOD boy side. When you're in grade 7-9, you're in the "Bad boy" state( you think you're all that in a bag of potatoe chips). Actually when i read this verse, it encourages me to look at my friends and tell them i LOVE going to church and that they should Come too!
And basically right now,, all my friends know when im busy because of church and they respect that. And maybe one day they'll question themselves why i love going to church and that they dont see it as a forced issue.!

Tomorrow. Was looking forward to it ALL WEEK.
Yessir!! bom BOOM
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

John 18! JOhn 18 Empty Re: John 18! JOhn 18

Post  hannahlee Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:33 pm

My mother made an entire stainless steel pot full of marinated chicken feet and it's sitting on our stove-top downstairs, as I speak. A family friend broke their foot and apparently it's supposed to be good for them...blech. I'm a pretty adventurous eater, well-acquainted with seasoned grasshoppers, but i can't take chicken feet. I've seen them at all those dim sum places, and it's obviously been tested and true, but those three-forked beasts aren't going into my mouth..On that note, has anybody ever had them? Worth a taste..? Hahaha, let me know!

Anyways, moving onwards.

John 18
Lots of little bits from tonight's chapter.

I was a little uncertain about v.6, where it says, "When Jesus said, 'I am he,' they drew back and fell to the ground." The soldiers, I'm pretty certain they're referring to. Was it a reaction of fear? Any thoughts?

v.8 "I told you that I am he,' Jesus answered. 'If you are looking for me, then let these men go.' This happened so that the words he had spoken would be fulfilled: 'I have not lost one of those you gave me."
Those words were said in John 6:39, where he's talking to a crowd about himself as the bread of life and says, "This is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all that he has given me, but raise them up at the last day." I just think it's so crazy and awesome how all throughout the bible, you'll find past scripture being fulfilled, sometimes hundreds of years later. I mean, I suppose in this context it might have been a shorter period of time, but nonetheless, it's pretty amazing. Once you get past the whoa-factor, you get to realizing that our God is truly a God of His word.

In verses 19-24, I can't express the anger I felt reading about this official striking Jesus in the face. It was like a moment of disbelief, initially. Had this been any other king, any other president, ceo, any other individual in a position of 'power', while they're incomparably lesser than our Jesus, the consequences of such an action for the official probably would have been dire. But our Jesus, humble as He is, somehow manages to speak in wisdom and nothing else. We're going to run into other such 'officials' in our lifetime, who might bash the name of Jesus and strike him with their words, and I wonder if I'll be capable of responding with like wisdom as well..It encourages me to read and understand more of the Scripture...

Lastly, similar to what Mountain talked about, Peter's three denials really challenged me to take a look at myself. Peter was like Jesus' right-hand man when it came to the group of disciples and even he was capable of unconsciously denying the Lord three times, in probably the same day! As much as I'm open with my faith now, the passage just reminds me to be even more aware of my actions and words on a day to day basis, because they can also be a good indication of who it is that I live for.

TGIF - Actually.
I'm so stoked for tomorrow and to see all of YOU, and YOU, and YOU x3. Because there's 9 of us. Wait, I'm not included, so YOU, and YOU, and YOU. x3. -1. Aaalright...Having just read that through, I typically would just backspace that whole mess to save me the embarrassment, but I'm too comfortable with you guys. Enjoy it. I suppose.

Have fantastic-Fridays! =)

WORD,
Hannah
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:22 am

by then way... as a reply to Hannah's devo martin told me that the chance of all the "prophecies" of Jesus were told and done its like putting a Silver Loonie into a pool the size of Texas... mixing it around and finding that Silver Loonie again. Im sure most of you heard that but its a cool fact... not sure if its real tho. i dont understand how you get that kind of info...
Food for thought/ weird fact of the day for moi... right ? food for thought? FFT?
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down