Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ecclesiastes

Go down

Ecclesiastes Empty Ecclesiastes

Post  Pa Ta Rick Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:02 am

Chapter #1

The very last verse, verse 18 "For with much wisdom comes much sorrow; the more knowledge, the more grief."

I totally agree with this because of the fact that if i were to think about the times when i was little and i didnt know that poverty existed, and i didnt know how corrupt the world is. Without knowing we can worry less however, the other side to this is that if we dont know that problems exist then how are we to solve them? Like this verse mentions, ignorance is bliss. If we dont know that the problem exists, then we dont have to struggle to find the solution.
At the moment, i dont see how i can relate this to my life because im 100% that this verse doesnt mean stop seeking knowledge. I understand that the overall message of this chapter is that earthly possessions are useless. We waste our time causing harm to ourselves, playing games all day, and just doing useless stuff. LIke the title of the first half of the chapter, Everything is meaningless. Education is meaningless in the long run because new things will be found and then as time passes, the knowledge we once learned would be outdated. And after we die everything we have is gone. Money, fame, love, friends, etc... everything we may have worked for in our life would be gone. I can relate this to my life as i know that i am wasting my life just watching movies, and playings games. I know that im wasting my life but i still do it. why? i have no idea why...
I guess what i can get out of this chapter is that, there will be times in my life where something seems really good and i may want to seek it. however that thing i may be seeking may not be pleasing to God. So when that time comes, HOPEFULLY this devo comes up in my mind and prevents me from going down that road
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Ecclesiastes Empty Re: Ecclesiastes

Post  Pa Ta Rick Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:33 am

Chapter 2

Verse 14 "The wise have eyes in their heads, while the fool walks in the darkness;f but i came to realize that the same fate overtakes them both"
No matter how we live our lives, no matter what we achieve, what we gain, everyones path will coincide at the final stage which is death. Everyone will die and whatever we have done during our life wont matter anymore.

When i think about life, i think of it as "oh God has a plan for me, therefore i have nothing to worry about. In some sort of way, he will lead me to the path he wants me to take". Of course, this doesnt mean i just give my 0% in everything and loaf my whole entire life. NO. I just mean, thinking like this makes me less stressful. People worry oh man im not gonna get into the school i want to get into, i dont know what career path to choose, oh i cant pay my monthly fees. I just think that we should believe that God will make a way for us.
Relating back to the chapter, Whatever we accomplish in our lifetime, does not matter. If you become a millionaire, great job but you cant take that into heaven. People, even christians prioritize other things before God such as money, fame, wisdom. Even though we are thought to put GOd first, it is totally different when you hear it and when you experience it. WHen we hear, Put God First! he is the way, the truth, and the life we automatically think, Yes i will put God as my #1. But when we get to the road where we are in desperate need of money OR when we are just starting to become successful, we forget about God and we focus more on our jobs. There are so many different situations that can occur to alter our path to GOd.
I just think that this is a great reminder that even thought the life we are living is important and we should enjoy it, but we should put God first above all other things
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down