Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ecclesiastes 5

5 posters

Go down

Ecclesiastes 5 Empty Ecclesiastes 5

Post  jaake kwon Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:32 pm

Uhmm. ok. so im sorry i missed alot of the devos. stuff went down.o-o
anyway,, for this chapter,
i think the first part "Fulfill your vow" was the piece de resistance.o-o
basically, in a simple phrase, it means "Don't bother planning if you won't finish."
and I guess its explaining that if we want to deepen our relationship with God,
we should go all the way instead of planning,
and procastinating.
o-o
well thats what hit home for me.
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Ecclesiastes 5 Empty Re: Ecclesiastes 5

Post  Sarah Oh Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:25 am

Fridaay!! Finally!! Who here has a P.A. day on Monday?? I do Very Happy
1 "Guard your steps when you go to the house of God. Go near to listen rather than to offer the sacrifice of fools, who do not know that they do wrong."
Basically, I think this verse is trying to saay be careful of what you say/do in front of God, because hes always watching you. And also to be serious when you hear the wod of God and don't be foolish and ignore any of the preeching.
7 "Much dreaming and many words are meaningless. Therefore stand in awe of God."
So this connects to the begining of the verse about keeping your vow to God and to stay firm in your promises. If you don't then whats the point? It's like in the song "Till I see you", one line in the chorus says "I will live a child in AWE of you."
Uhhm and i think thats it....
See you guys tomorrow!! G'niight!!
-Sarah Smile
Sarah Oh
Sarah Oh
minion

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:09 am

Hey guys, i caught up on the reading and im in trouble right now cause my mom wants me to sleep since im sick... LOL
shes yelling at me from the kitchen right now.
so i will catch up as soon as i can!
sorry
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  James Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:11 am

2: Do not be quick with your mouth, do not be hasty in your heart to utter anything before God. God is in heaven and you are on earth, so let your words be few.

This verse says to me that we should always reconsider before we say something, especially if its displeasing to our God. We don't even have a right to talk and blame our Father for the hardships we may have, as he is the King and we are a lowly peasant. As God is in heaven and we live on earth, we should definitely make our words seem while as he takes the time to listen to every single word we say. Reminds me of Bruce Almighty as Steve Carell can literally hear the prayers that we send to God. Although annoyed, God will always take note of any prayer request and it almost seems as if we should pray on our knees; Not whine and complain like the Israelites did. See y'all tomorrow Very Happy
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:16 am

So what i got from this was pretty much dat if we are to make promises we should keep em because it is better to not make a promise rather than to promise something and not fulfil it. As well another thing was that benig rich on earth means nothing and is only harmful to you. because likestated in verse 10 "Whoever loves money never has money enought, whoever loves wealth is never satisfied with his income. This is too is meaningless." i totally agree with this because whatever you love and enjoy the most you can never get enough of it. I know form personal expeirence that even if you do it for such a long period of time it is always fun, no matter what it is. (Vid games, sports, singing, reading, and even hw)
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down