Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ecclesiastes 8

+2
Sarah Oh
Audrey Jong
6 posters

Go down

Ecclesiastes 8 Empty Ecclesiastes 8

Post  Audrey Jong Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:22 pm

In this chapter, verse 9-17 spoke to me.
It compares the rightous and the wicked. It also clearly explains that there will be consequences later on for those who have done wrong. In verse 11, it says: "When a crime is not punished quickly, people feel it is safe to do wrong." I strongly agree with this because when we do something bad, it makes a bad habbit for us. That will also start to influence others and nothing good will come from it.
For example:
Recently, one of my classmates found a pair of expensive boots in their locker. It was probrably left there accidentally from the person who used this locker before she did. A couple of days later, she wore them to school and claimed that someone gave it to her as a gift. My friend told her that it wasn't right to be doing that but she said, "I already know that..." and avoided us for the rest of the day.
She's had many other times when she takes things that's not hers and she constantly does it.
She's created a bad habit and i'm hopeing that she'll find a way to stop.

Well, i'll see you guys soon.......
Very Happy ~Audrey~ Cool
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Ecclesiastes 8 Empty Re: Ecclesiastes 8

Post  Sarah Oh Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:22 pm

Like Audrey, verse 11 was the most enticing for me.
If people dont get punished for what they do quickly, they're going to keep thinking that they can get away with anything. They might go back to God and apoligize but you have to learn from those mistakes. If you commited the same sin a couple of times in your life, thats okay. But if you keep doing it repeatdly then whats the point?? Yr obviously not trying to change or become a better person. Also if you keep coming to God to apoligize for the same thing like every single day, then it wont sound like a legit apology, it'll sound more like an excuse.
Byeee guyss!!!
-Sarah <3 Smile
Sarah Oh
Sarah Oh
minion

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:17 am

What a long day

17 then I saw all that God has done. No one can comprehend what goes on under the sun. Despite all his efforts to search it out, man cannot discover its meaning. Even if a wise man claims he knows, he cannot really comprehend it.

We all know certain thigns but do we really understand those things? I can tell you guys I don't hahaa. I know who God is, I know who Jesus us, but I don't really comprehend the two, nor do I really KNOW the two. Knowing and understsanding are twoo completely different things. I like how the bible points this out. It suggests no matter how wise you think you are, there's always room to gain a better understanding of things..
thats all
pce
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Ecclesiastes 8 Empty ecclesiastes 8

Post  jaake kwon Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:21 am

yesss...done my paper. gotta do some other stuff now...so interlude i guess..

this chapter was pretty straight forward in terms of the message i think.
like "don't take God for granted, when you dont contribute any effort."
and it tells you to keep in mind that our relationship with God is give and take.
although we might not be able to give as much as he did,
we can strive to.
annnddand, whenever we make a resolution, we should stick to it and make the effort.
I think this was also mentioned in Ecc 5.
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:48 pm

Sorry I didn't post last night guys. Its ridiculous how busy I am these days...

14 There is something else meaningless that occurs on earth: the righteous who get what the wicked deserve, and the wicked who get what the righteous deserve. This too, I say, is meaningless.

This verse stood out to me. Just saying Karma doesn't really exist. If you do something bad and something happens to you, it's not something supernatural, it's just how life works but in life, most things aren't fair. Good people who has done nothing but help people get diseases and people who kills others may have lots of money. Life isn't fair but God watches us and looks at how we deal with situations. I think this is one thing that we have to keep in mind, so that we don't blame God whenever something bad happens in our lives.
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:42 am

What i got from this passage was pretty simple. The earth is like a classroom. We humans are the students and God is the teacher. If we disobey the teacher we will be punished. in real life we would get a detention or something, but on earth we would be in a state of sorrowness. After we pass earth, so after we graduate from school, we have a whole new future. So on earth it would be starting your adulthood, finishing your school finding a job etc... This relates to heaven, it is like you graduated from earth and you are now in heaven. But not everyone is allowed in heaven. Just like in school, there are some that chose the wrong path and fell into a endless hole. This would be called hell. So on earth we need to make the RIGHT decisions and LISTEN to the teacher and do what he instructs us to do if we want to be successful and graduate from earth into heaven
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down