Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ecclesiastes TEN

4 posters

Go down

ecclesiastes TEN Empty ecclesiastes TEN

Post  jennifer Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:02 pm

Smile
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

ecclesiastes TEN Empty Re: ecclesiastes TEN

Post  jennifer Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:15 pm

10 Using a dull ax requires great strength,
so sharpen the blade.
That’s the value of wisdom;
it helps you succeed.
this verse reminds me of the importance of having first hand knowledge of God! Smile it is basically saying that being lazy and taking the "easy way out" will eventually become the hard way out! if you take the time to make sure you are prepared then things will become easier for you! this connects to our knowledge of God because we should know our bible and what it is actually telling us. Many pastors and priests preach about twisted versions of what the bible is trying to convey in order to shape this to their beliefs. If we take the easy way out and take everyone's word on what we should learn from the bible, how will we know who will help us grow and who will bring us down? Eventually we will meet someone who will taint our beliefs and bring us down with them! if we dont do anything to stop this, getting back up from being down will be very hard. however! if we prepare ourselves with a decent knowledge of what there is, then we can determine who will help us grow and our journey with God will become filled with less hardships becasue we avoided that one person Smile
i think that doing devos has helped me understand for myself what the bible is teaching me! haha
anywaysss! thats all i have to say Razz
gdaayy Very Happy
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine Kim Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:48 pm

verse 20: Do not revile the king even in your thoughts, or curse the rich in your bedroom, because a bird of the air may carry your words, and a bird on the wing may report what you say.
the verse is saying to be careful of your actions and control your thoughts. when we think really badly it is when satan takes over us and we have to battle him out of our minds. like what pastor daniel had said about watching our language use on the internet and how we should be role models for others. when the verse said to not curse the rich in your bedroom it is sort of saying that we should be thankful for our blessings and everything God has done for us. there are people always watching you and know what you are doing. we all need to be careful of what we do and try to walk the path of Jesus and try to be more like him.
thats it for now! have a great week guys! i wont be seeing you all on saturday or sunday, so i will see you the week after. bye!
Christine Kim
Christine Kim
minion

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:00 pm

1 As dead flies give perfume a bad smell,
so a little folly outweighs wisdom and honor.

You know when you brush off something, and say "oh, but it doesn't count.", etcetc?
Yeah, it doesn't work like that. In this verse, it talks about how even the smallest sins can have an effect on you, your life, and your relationship with God.

So, that's what I got YESTERDAY. that I couldn't post because my wifi cut off before I could!
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:53 am

What i got
A fool is pretty much blinded by himself and he only thinks of himself. These fools make folly decisions and lacks the skill
A Wise man is open and is calm and can relate to anything. These wise men make smart decisions and have great skill.

vERSE 10 "If the ax is dull and its edge unsharpened, more strength is needed but skill will bring success. What is the point of being really powerful if you cannot use the power? What is the point of having alot of skill but you dont know how to use it?
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down