Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ecclesiastes 1

+4
josephpaik
Sarah Oh
Christine Kim
Audrey Jong
8 posters

Go down

Ecclesiastes 1 Empty Ecclesiastes 1

Post  Audrey Jong Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:25 pm

First day back at school!
School was ok for me but I got back lots of homework.......

Well this is a short chapter. Chapter one is about how king Solomon is trying to find out what the real meaning to life is. But verse 17 said this: "So I set out to learn everything from wisdom to madness and folly. But I learned firsthand that pursuing all this is like chasing the wind."
For me it seems like even a wise king can't figure out what the meaning to life is. But in the very last few verses of Ecclesiastes, Solomon concludes with the real meaning: "Fear God and obey his commands, for this is everyones duty. God will judge us for everything we do, including every secret thing, whether good or bad."
-Ecclesiastes 12 : Verses 13 and 14.

well, on to my homework now........
Very Happy ~Audrey~ Cool
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Ecclesiastes 1 Empty Re: Ecclesiastes 1

Post  Christine Kim Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:59 pm

hey guys how was your first day back? mine was straight back to work and tests...
alrighty then! well this chapter was short and straight forward to my opinion...anyways, i though that this chapter was talking about how a wise king thinks that everything is meaningless. the titles were "Everything is Meaningless" and "Wisdom is Meaningless". this made me think that a wise king cannot find meaning in life if everything is "meaningless". verse 18: "for with much wisdom comes such sorrow; the more knowledge, the more grief." i personally thought that he was saying that life as a Teacher and king of Israel in Jerusalem was meaningless.
i guess the chapter wasnt as straight forward as i thought Razz
have an awesome week back at school guys! Smile
Christine Kim
Christine Kim
minion

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Oh Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:38 pm

Hey guys!! How was the first day of school???
I didn't like this chapter. To me it sounded as if this "teacher" was complaining about everything. I also didnt understand this chapter very well.
Verse 18, "For with much wisdom comes much sorrow; the more knowledge, the more grief"
That was the verse that made me confused.
Kay gnight guys!!
-Sarah Smile
Sarah Oh
Sarah Oh
minion

Number of posts : 251

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:31 am

Ecclesiastes 1

This Chapter was kind of weird for me cause it was saying everything was meaningless LOL..
What i think this chapter is trying to tell us, is that everything is meaningless, if it isn't done FOR GOD.
We should always stand by our faith in God and devote everything that we do, in him because none of us will ever see or hear too much. Until we have seen Christ and heard Him call out to us.
Sorry its short but this was a ..... unique chapter Razz gonna read it some more!

Good night dudes and dudettes.
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:25 am

18 The greater my wisdom, the greater my grief.
To increase knowledge only increases sorrow.

Yeahh this is some deeep stuff
With great power comes great responsibiltiy.
WE as a team are gonna be judged stricter
We as a team are looked upon, therefore, we undergo more stress than that of an average person.
Our expectations have been raised higher because of where we stand in serving God.
The more we learn, the more we understand, and the more we begin to view things.
I can relate to this because as a leader, I see certain things that you guys dont.
Certain things upset me that normally wouldn't upset you guys.
However, according to the passage, wisdom isn't looked upon as a negative thing but something that is worth the trade for having more sorrow.
Because sacrifice makes gaining/having something that much more valuable

Yee PCE
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  James Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:51 am

Ecclesiastes!

15: What is twisted cannot be straightened; what is lacking cannot be counted.
This, to me, divides the heavens and the earth, the good and the ugly, Jesus and Satan.
All followers of Christ will experience the true reward that God has waiting for us. And on earth, if our actions does not pleases our Lord, it is MEANINGLESS!
No matter how hard we believe in it, at the end of the day, its no use to God.
The only thing on this earth that matters is praising our Lord and nothing will ever be able to compare to our God.
Just like chasing after the wind, its completely pointless to put something on earth before God.
We serve the Lord and we will be rewarded.
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:06 am

18 The greater my wisdom, the greater my grief.
      To increase knowledge only increases sorrow.
I think this whole chapter summarizes the meaniglessnes of this earth we live on, and how everything is old and everything is just whatever! I really liked the way it was written because it captures the essence of the whole feelin of the weariness. It emphasized how important heaven should be for us an how precious it is to have a goal that will last for eternity! I think we can all relate to this because we all are trying to figure out what god wants us to do in this life time in order to be fulfilled forever! Why should we focus on such weary things when we have better and more exciting things to really work on? We will never fully know god, we will never become weary of learning about him because there is more and more to learn! Saving a soul for his kingdom will never be old and boring, as every soul saved is for his kingdom! We should live not in excitement for earthly petty things but in excitement for what's to come and what awaits us! Smile that's something to get super hyped about! And preparing for it should be quite exciting too! Smile
I think this chapter is a good chapter to remember at the back of our minds so that whenever we become overwhelmed or feel out of control, we can remember that if we look to god he will lead the way Smile <3
Night yallllll!
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:04 pm

Ecclesiastes, fairly short chapter but allot meaning into it.
So generally speaking, what i got from this chapter was that everything we do on earth is meaningless. ONly follow God. verse 3-11, everything is meaningless, everything we do on earth. A verse that struck out to me was that verse 18 "For with much wisdom comes much sorrow the more knowledge the more greif. THis was a very powerful verse and it is true. SO our only focus should be towards GOd
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down