Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ecclesiastes 2

+4
jennifer
Sarah Oh
James
Audrey Jong
8 posters

Go down

Ecclesiastes 2 Empty Ecclesiastes 2

Post  Audrey Jong Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:19 pm

So second day of school! Already my homework pile is getting big.....

anyways, I think that verse 24-26 spoke to me. It explains about how we need to enjoy life. But we can only really enjoy life when we're actually on the path of God. somewhere in verse 14, it says: "Yet I saw that the wise and the foolish share the same fate. Both will die. So I said to myself, 'since I will end up the same as the fool, what's the value of all my wisdom?" I agree in some way as I read that part, then when he explained why it is important to be wise in verse 24-26, I understood.
Also in verse 13, it said: "I thought, 'Wisdom' is better then foolishness, just as light is better than darknes. for the wise can see where they are going, but fools walk in the dark."

Kay! On to some homework now........
Very Happy ~Audrey~ Cool
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Ecclesiastes 2 Empty Re: Ecclesiastes 2

Post  James Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:59 pm

I thought that this chapter was a continuation of the first one, leading up to the point that things are meaningless in life, unless meant for God.
14: The wise man has eyes in his head, while the fool walks in darkness; but I came to realize that the same fate overtakes them both. A few weeks ago, I witnessed a homeless man walking on the street, that held a sign that said, "Jesus is the Messiah, praise the Lord." I thought to myself, couldn't he be doing something else to glorify God? But now I truly realized that he wasn't trying to exactly have the most successful life or find the prettiest wife to start a family with. He was trying to seek out to God and did what was most meaningful; praising our God. All our riches or fame will be meaningless when we enter the gates of Heaven. The only thing meaningful is praising God and worshipping his name.
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Oh Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:00 pm

So much homework today.
I will post today's chapter tomorrow so i can focus morre. Sorry Sad
-Sarah Smile
Sarah Oh
Sarah Oh
minion

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:02 am

This chapter was very similar to yesterdays chapter, but I rhink it is easier to relate to because it is written in the materialistic view of things! Even being the " perfect" human being with everything you'd ever want, it still becomes meaningless! But all in all, I got the same Message that I did yesterday! Sorry about the really short post!
Nighytyy night Smile
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:28 am

Guys Ecclesiastes is a great chapter to read.
Please put some more thought into the scripture.
The mainpoint of these past few chapters are DEFINITELY not that "Everything is meaningless"
Understand beyond what you read guys.

14 For the wise can see where they are going, but fools walk in the dark.” Yet I saw that the wise and the foolish share the same fate.

Obviously everyone in this world is destined to die so seemingly we have the same fate.
But what's beyond this world? Things in this world CAN be meaningless but what matters most?
Living the afterlife, living the life here right now FOR God.
Isn't that why many of us are here today?
Isn't that what our purposes?
I believe that life here is just a test.
Whoever is speaking in this book is stating what he SAW.
Not what actually might be happening.
The wise and the foolish would definitely not share the same spiritual fate.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:55 am

Sorry guys! I've been busy trying to stay at pace in school. hahah
I'll post today! SORRY AGAIN!
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine Kim Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:08 pm

this chapter seemed like a continuation of the first chapter by talking about meaningless things. but i got something different from the first chapter to now. verse 14 really stood out for me and sticks in my mind. "The wise man has eyes in his head, while the fool walks in the darkness; but I came to realize that the same fate overtakes them both. even those that are truly devoted to God and have big faith in him has the same fate as those that do not. the only fate that i could think of for every human being is death. death overtakes all humans but we do not all end up in the same place, being heaven and hell. people that are not devoted to God now can always change. just today a jewish guy in my class made fun of christianity in front of my face knowing that i am christian. people like him can change their heart and come before God asking or begging for forgiveness. there will be a time for every human (in my opinion) that will feel God but not acknowledge him and will end up with the same fate depending on how they respond to God.
Christine Kim
Christine Kim
minion

Number of posts : 186

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:10 pm

So at first when i read it i thought, everything is meaningless yeaaaa, but as i read it a bit more i started to understand that what we do on earth is depended on wheather we go to heaven or hell. What is the point of having joy on earth, but being full of sorrow in hell. ON earth nothing could ever fulfill that happiness and you would always try and find something to fill that up with like games, sports, etc... but in heaven you will have eternal joy. On earth what you do will make you gain nothing on earth. all you will get is money or some sort of rewardless prize. No point in being super smart, because that will not get you into heaven, doesnt matter if your poor or rich becaue money cant buy you into heaven. So everything in this world IS meaningless and you should try and get to know GOd on earth.
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down