Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ecclesiastes 9

+2
jaake kwon
Audrey Jong
6 posters

Go down

Ecclesiastes 9 Empty Ecclesiastes 9

Post  Audrey Jong Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:23 pm

Thornhill open house tonight!

I say that this chapter is mainly focusing on how God already has a time and place for everything. Even if we sin less than another person doesn't mean that we'll have a better life than them. as it says in verse 1: "...Eventhough the actions of godly and wise people are in God's hands, no one knows whether God will show them favor." Althougth we may not have a reward for doing good right now, we will be in heaven. As it says in verse 11: "...The fastest runner doesn't win the race, and the strongest winner doesn't always win the battle. The wise sometimes goes hungry, andt eh skillful are not necessarily wealthy. And those who are educated don't always lead successful lives. It is all decided by chance, by being in the rigth place at the right time."

Have a great week guys!
Very Happy ~Audrey~ Cool
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Ecclesiastes 9 Empty ecclesiastes 9

Post  jaake kwon Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:25 pm

have fun audrey!! hope you like it, Smile

--
i guess on the second subtitle of ecc. 9, it shows that we live hard.
it basically says that we dont do things for others and get smiles from them,
but we do things for others and get a smile from God.

I guess it shows how much of a companion God is,
and that he's not like the others, -whether they're good or bad.
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Ecclesiastes 9 Empty Re: Ecclesiastes 9

Post  Kevin Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:04 am

1 So I reflected on all this and concluded that the righteous and the wise and what they do are in God's hands, but no man knows whether love or hate awaits him.

I found this verse Terrifying.

10 Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the grave, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom.

This verse was during the new testament. It states that when we're dead, there's nothing.
However Jesus changed all that but there's still much knowledge in this verse.
There's things that we can do here in this life, that we can't do when we die
We should take full advantage of that, with the good things, not the bad things.
Let's be clear on that hahaha...
This life here is a test, let's take it wisely

Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:34 am

Sorry for not posting for a long time... so busy lol

5 For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing; they have no further reward, and even the memory of them is forgotten. 6 Their love, their hate and their jealousy have long since vanished. never again will they have a part in anything that happens under the sun.

What i got from this chapter was that you gain life, when you truly devote yourself to God and give yourself up to Him.This is when you achieve the feeling of life, but without it, you are dead. For those with life, they know that they will die because life was given to them, but how can something that is already dead, die?

This chapter is basically about Life and Death, the good and the bad, pure and unclean. People without Christ in their lives, are lost and need to seek God to be saved. Have the wisdom of God for it is better than any weapon and it will keep you safe.

-joseph

josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:30 am

This chapter makes a lot of sense but still confuses me hahaha
I liked his analogy in verse 11:  11 I have observed something else under the sun. The fastest runner doesn’t always win the race, and the strongest warrior doesn’t always win the battle. The wise sometimes go hungry, and the skillful are not necessarily wealthy. And those who are educated don’t always lead successful lives. It is all decided by chance, by being in the right place at the right time.
This truly shows that god is the one who decides when it will be good for you to win and to lose. That no one had complete assurance in their lives other than their death. This verse shows me the powerlessness that we have as to what we can do materialistic ally in this world. However, I know that people can change others spiritually in a great or terrible way and this is the only thing that will last past death.
Idontnknow if that made sense.... Sorry!!
Goodnight!
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:49 am

This verse was a bit down i guess...
It talks about how we can die in any moment so maybe the next second? maybe tomarrow we dont know.But all of us have the same destiny... to die. Whatever we do on earth will be remembered. the fun times,hard times, sorrow times, meanful times, but all of these memories will disappear when we die and will be no use to us when we are dead. I didnt really get the last part. Verse 18 "Wisdom is better than weapons of war, but one sinner destroys much good. I really dont understand this verse. I get the part that wisdom IS better than weapons of war and i sort of get that a sinner can destroy many goods. but i dont get how this relates
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down