Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ecclesiastes 4

+2
Pa Ta Rick
Audrey Jong
6 posters

Go down

Ecclesiastes 4 Empty Ecclesiastes 4

Post  Audrey Jong Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:38 pm

How's everyones week doing so far? I've had a good one........except all that homework......

Anyways, I find that this chapter, anyone can relate to it. It talks about how we should not isolate ourselves and instead be with support. I think This was mostly on the power of friendship. Each of us has someone to trust. Either it is parents, siblings, or a friend. It's sumarizes it in verse 12: "a persons standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer."

Have a great day guys!
Very Happy ~Audrey~ Cool
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Ecclesiastes 4 Empty Re: Ecclesiastes 4

Post  Pa Ta Rick Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:18 pm

heya guys sorry for not posting for a bit but anyways...
my week wasnt too hard not much homework just alot of projects and tests and what not
So i wasnt really sure what this chapter was saying but what i got was that we shouldnt try to be better than someone else because you are envious of someone or something because it has no purpose in heaven and is MEANINGLESS. There no point in being toil. why deprive yourself of enjoyment when it will not help you in the heavens. I like how after every meaningless topic he writes, chasing after the wind, because this is actually what we are trying to accomplish.
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  James Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:43 pm

As usual, it EMPHASISES the fact that everything is meaningless in life unless its for God. From worship to glorifying in his name, many things could be done to offer your life to God.

2: And I declared that the dead, who had already died, are happier than the living, who are still alive.
I thought to myself, why on earth would this be stated? After a long series of thoughts coming and going, I finally realized what this verse was trying to imply. In my opinion, this only considered all the followers of Christ. The walk of Christ isn't exactly the easiest path to go through, rather it being extremely painful spiritually and emotionally. The dead has no soul and it has already been lifted into Heaven. With Heaven offering eternal happiness, the dead are definitely happier than the living, as the living goes through the difficult, but rewarding, relationship with Christ.

3: But better is he who has not yet been, who has not seen the evil that is done under the sun.
At first glance, I was definitely tripping out on what this means. Like with all the grammar Shakespearean-like, it seemed like a different language. Needless to say, I figured out that this meant that it's better to be neither of them, as we haven't yet seen the evil that's done on our earth. An unborn baby is never born evil. But, at a young age, he will be quick to realize that our world is full of sin. However, we will always, ALWAYS, be rewarded in Heaven.
Matthews 24:26: Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.
Have a great friday, guys.
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Oh Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:01 pm

Tomorrow's fridaay Very Happy
How was your day guys??
9 "Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work"
10 "If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up"
I think this verse is trying to tell me that, I need support to help my faith grow. Without fellow christians to rely on, you would probably slowly grow farther from God. Luckily, all of us have people to trust Smile Usually when I feel as if my faith isnt strong I keep it to myself and I dont ask anyone to pray for me. Well.... thats what happens in my case. I dunno about you guys though :$
Kaay see you guys soon!
-Sarah Smile
Sarah Oh
Sarah Oh
minion

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:15 am

DEVODEVODEVODEVO
i reaaallly shouldve studied when i came home today....
BUT i didnt
anywayyyyyy
i liked the part about the advantages of companionship! i thought it was very true and cute Smile it says to me that relationships are better than materialistic things because in the end they are of more advantage! i think this passage is pretty straightforward though! soo i dont have too much to say today! i just wanted to highlight that part of the chapter Smile
yhayyy! its friday tmr haha
nighty night yall
im going snowboarding tomorrow! Very Happy hopefully!
PS! im coming to practice though ill probably be useless JUST SAYIN
kay bye Very Happy
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:15 am

UNI!!! OH NO!!!!!! PLEASE PRAY FOR ME GUYS!!

9 Two are better than one,
because they have a good return for their labor:
10 If either of them falls down,
one can help the other up.
But pity anyone who falls
and has no one to help them up.
11 Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm.
But how can one keep warm alone?
12 Though one may be overpowered,
two can defend themselves.
A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.

These verses reminded me something. I remember Sam told us "Nobody said you were supposed to things on your own." And God made Adam AND Eve, not just Adam or just Eve. He made both of them so that they wouldn't be alone. Hopefully, You guys will pray for me and with your prayers, I'll get into the course that I applied for...
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down