Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LATE DEVO JOHN11

Go down

LATE DEVO JOHN11 Empty LATE DEVO JOHN11

Post  Cathy Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:46 pm

Yet again hello Smile

JOHN 11:
This is the story of Jesus who raised Lazarus from the dead. PS, there is so much like. foreshadowing in this chapter that its crazy mann. It shows me that God really had such a wonderful intricate plan for Jesus' life.
But anyhoo I'm goign to focus more on a small part of this chapter becuase.. I ono it just kinda stuck out to me..It's from verse 3-35: "When Jesus saw her weeping and saw the other people wailing with her, he was moved with indignation and was deeply troubled. "Where have you put him?" He asked them. They told him, Lord, come and see. Then Jesus wept." There's something that really moves me about the way taht Jesus cried here. The thing is, Jesus knew exactly what he was going to do from the beginning, didn't he? He said that he will show the disciples something that will make them believe even more, as they were going to go see the dead Lazarus. He completly knew waht was in his power and that he would raise Lazarus and he will be living again. So really, the normal reaction woudl be to not cry , but be very excited to bring him back. I thought about this, and I think that Jesus cried because he is such a compassionate and loving Lord. LIke.. you know how sometimes you're realy upset about something and you're telilng a friend and you dont really want them to give you advice or make you feel better - you kinda just want them to cry you and feel waht you're feeling? I think taht this is what Jesus was doing. He loves us so much that when we feel pain, he feels pain. He cried with the other mourners, because he felt waht they were feeling and he shared it with them.
And I guess it's really important to rememebr this becuase sometimes I think we distance ourselves from God becuase sometiems we think taht we can't really go to him when we're angry or frustrated or sad. Instead, we try to avoid thinking spiritually at this time and go to him later when we feel more 'holy'. But his passage tells me taht Jesus is there, loving us so much that he shares in and wants to be a part of every emotion, every part of our lives.
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down