Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Genisis 12

+2
Cathy
Isaac
6 posters

Go down

Genisis 12 Empty Genisis 12

Post  Isaac Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:36 pm

Hey guys!
yay shanksgiving! TURKEY YEEEE!!!! i get turkey tomorrow with pie and icecream and stuffing and cranberry sauce.... yum
I dont get this chapter. Maybe i read it wrong its not AbraHAm right? just Abram? So he tricked the world into thinking his wife was his sister so he could live a good life? I guess just because things get hard (the famine) we shouldnt tell our hot wives to be our sister so horny pharaohs wont hit on them and God wont get pissed and put a plague on the land? Suspect Suspect no? i dunno either...
Have a good thanksgiving tomorrow! or if you did already then i hope you tummys are full.

See you friday (i guess some tomrrow? maybe if i have time to study)
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Genisis 12 Empty Re: Genisis 12

Post  Cathy Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:23 pm

So here I am doing my devos
after hours and hours and hours of math portfolio, only to find out that I interpreted one of the questions wrong, and I just wasted the last 6 hrs of my life.
I was very. very close to tears
Man
So I decided to take a break and cool off
becuase i was VERY VERY VERY ANGRY.

so I'm reading about Abram and to be honest with you, I couldn't really get that much from this passage.. But the only thing i can say is man Abram had it pretty sweet. God really blessed him, and he was totally on his side! V2" I will cause you to become the father of a great nation. I will b less you and make you famous, and I will make you a blessing to others. I will beless those who bless you and curse those who curse you."
I thought thats some pretty good stuff
I kidna wish I was Abram right now
except for the almost-being-kiilled-by-lustful-egyptians part becuase of how sexy my wife.. (husband in my case) is.
But then God also says 'All the families of the earth wil be blessed through you'.
So God gives these blessings to Abram and I guess through him all of us receive those blessings.. so God really blesses everyone with the love that he showed Abram, except not all of us are fathers of great nations, but you know. In his own way God works in our lives to do good things
Maybe God will do my math portfolio for me Smile
now THAT would be sweet
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  dennis Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:51 pm

howdy

that lunch today was insane. it was like... 30 people.
i was definitely happy that so many people ate together..

jacob! i owe you an extra help session for math. Smile

Genesis 12

v.1 "Leave your country, your people and your father's household and go to the land I will show you."
v.4 So Abram left, as the Lord had told him.

If, one day, God calls us to leave our friends and family to go to a foreign place, would we be ready to do so? Abram was. I think this definitely shows the level of faith Abram had for God, and how Abram served only Him. Even though Abram loved his family and friends, he recognized God's calling him, and left just has the Lord had told him.

I think God tells us to "go to the land I [God] will show you" everyday; he might not ask us to physically move to a different place, but he does ask us to step out of the ways of the world and live by God's terms. Some of our friends and family value wordly things, but, being Christians, we are called to be set apart (holy).

I hope that we can be like Abram, and learn to be completely devoted to God.

Get a lot of rest tomorrow!!

P.S. I only have two days of school this week. har har pirat
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Genisis 12 Empty Late Late Late

Post  JacobPk Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:18 pm

Sorry for this late Devo. I just had MAD turkey yesterday so i cam home at 1 30 from Alice's hosue and just fell asleep
then went apple picking today. Sour, dry, painful? It was a fun day.

Ok Like Denise said, it's easier said than done. We can lways say i will do this for God, but when the time comes to actually give it up to God can we do it, and WILL we do it?

Also, Did Abram give his wife up because h wanted to preservew her or to keep himself alive? Pretty much, everything happens because of this Sarai woman, but it's not her fault, she's jusyt doing whatever they tell her to do. I think this is kind of selfish in a way, to use your wife in order to keep yourself alive, but then again i'm probably wrong.
This is probably why Abram got caught! The Lord obviously found fault in this Act of deceiving, and made it so that Abram couldn't get away with it. Later on, Abram lies again, but he gets caught ahah.
Are there times where we have lied over good intentions, but got caught anyway? I think in general lying is bad, even if it means to protect someone, or not make things complicated. I think i learned to be more honest to You guys and my family through this Chapter.

Cheers.
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:32 pm

So.. the pharaoh is angry because Abram lied to him..
Well, if Abram didn't lie he would've ended up killing him and get owned by even more serious plague, so he should really be thankful.
I guess Abram did good for the Pharaoh and the Egyptians, he indirectly prevented them from getting God even more angry by killing Abram and taking his wife. Sorry I can't speak proper english right now.. so hungy and tired
still got 500 more words to bs for theory of knowledge essay...
yay.. :s
aite on to my final devo
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Genisis 12 Empty Genesis 12 devo

Post  Allan Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:32 am

Lol use the wife to escape and get riches well what choice did he have?

Umm to be honest I don't really know what happened

Umm Abram lied and the people who recieved the lie got punished, but the Pharoh had other intentions and well if Abram didn't like fib whatever God would have done worst to the Pharoh Aghhhh what the hec did I just read? I didn't really get anything from this chapter, except for the fact God keeps his promises. Verse 2 to 3. The promise God made came tru.
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: