Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ECCLESIASTES LAST CHAPTER! (12)

4 posters

Go down

ECCLESIASTES LAST CHAPTER! (12) Empty ECCLESIASTES LAST CHAPTER! (12)

Post  Pa Ta Rick Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:57 am

LAST
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

ECCLESIASTES LAST CHAPTER! (12) Empty Re: ECCLESIASTES LAST CHAPTER! (12)

Post  Pa Ta Rick Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:06 am

Im probably not going to be able to post tomarrow so might as well post one today.
To sum up Ecclesiastes, Everything Is Meaningless.
happiness,joy,feelings,money,objects, everything we own,cherish is meaningless. ON earth we should only be concerned about the path we are taking to God. Verse 13-14 "Now all has been heard: here is the conclusion of the matter, Fear God and keep his commandements. for this is the whole duty of man. For God will bring every deed into judgment. including every hidden thing wheter it is good or evil"
This stodd out to me. "Fear God and keep his commandements, for this is the whole duty of man" why we are on earth and why we are living right now is to complete our duty. To keep his commandements and fear him. Most people right now on earth arent doing that but God will bring judgement and will separate the good from the evil. Just like it said in verse 14, nothing can hide from God, neither good nor evil. So we should be prepared and ready ourselves.Very Happy

On a side note i hope you guys are all ready for your exams and hope you dont feel pressured or anything Very Happy (For those of you with exams xD)

Oh and another cool thing i came up with. Alot of us think that the bible is the word of God. It is but another thing it is, is this
Basic
Instructions
Before
Leaving
Earth

Just thought that, that was pretty cool Very Happy
Good luck on yo exams
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.

Back to top Go down

Post  Audrey Jong Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:08 pm

I get a P.A day today! That's why i'm posting at this time of day.....I had to do all my tests yesterday.....

Well....It's the last chapter of Ecclesiastes!
Sooooo this chapter is the conclusion of King Solomon's Questions about life. He tells us not to put God aside but make it our first priority. Turn to God before it's too late.....
I think it sumarizes everything in verse 6-8: "Remember your creator now while you arae young, before the silver cord of life snaps and the golden bowl is broken. Don't wait until the water jar is smashed at the spring and the pulley is broken at the well. For then the dust will return to the earth, and the spirit will return to God who gave it."

This chapter concludes with King Solomon saying: "Fear God and obey his commands, for this is everyone's duty. God will judge us for everything we do, including every secret thing, whether good or bad."

See you tomorow!
Very Happy ~Audrey~ Cool
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine Kim Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:31 pm

haha thats pretty cool what patrick pointed out about the bible...sort of like what audrey posted on facebook about the gospel.
verse 13: Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter; Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man.
so King Soloman is summing up Ecclesiastes by reminding us of how we should not only love God but fear him as well and continue our duty as Christians by keeping his commands and words. i remember how i used to always think that you have to only love God. but in one sermon, the pastor (i dont remember if it was hi-c or childrens) said that we should also fear God to obey him and follow his commands. our duty as Christians is to serve God and spread the word about him. as a praise team we should be role models and serve God with our fullest hearts, worship him and obey him.
good luck to those who are doing exams! see you all next week!
Christine Kim
Christine Kim
minion

Number of posts : 186

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Oh Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:59 pm

Hi everyone!! Yesterday was my audition for the regional arts program, so i didnt have time to post :$
But anywaay!! Laast Chapteeer!!!
Soo one verse that was interesting was one of the sentences in verse 1.
"[T]he years will approach when you will say "I find no pleasure in them."
Im not 100% sure what they mean by "I find no pleasure in them", but i think it means that us humans, wont find pleasure in God all the time, as we age
As we get older our prespectives and beliefs will change. When you're young, you dont really see God as the God who loves you and sacrifieced his son for you. You just see him as a simple God. But as you get older, you start to understand everything better. You see things in a way that can really change you. There are times though were you just dont wanna.... well, you know "love" God. You're mad at him or frustrated, and you just dont find pleasure in the Lord anymore. And I think thaats why this chapter is telling us to seek happiness in God as much as possible while we are still young and our lives arent as complicated.
And thaats it!
Kaay good luck on exams, and i will see you guys soon!!!
-Sarah Smile
Sarah Oh
Sarah Oh
minion

Number of posts : 251

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down