Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Genesis 4!

3 posters

Go down

Genesis 4! Empty Genesis 4!

Post  Roh Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:39 pm

So early on in the Bible, and so much anger, jealousy, bitterness, and sin already.

It's pretty sad to realize the tendencies of humans so early on in human history. We're what...at the 2nd generation of the human race now, and we've already seen murder! I doubt that never happened in any other species. It's pretty sad.

But we have lots to learn from. Cain exercised little to no patience and self-control. God even guided him, it seems like. God told him to be careful and to stay away from his sins. And it almost seems like God expected this to happen and let him go pretty easily. I feel bad for Abel, who left not much history, but I think he was used for a very good lesson in history. And this sort of brotherly (not always blood brothers) and even sisterly jealousy and quarrels persist today. I would say that they're probably the number one causes to most of our conflicts today. We hate others sometimes for no reason. We just hate their guts and it makes no sense.

I'm not saying that you guys are going to go out there and commit murders (I hope not). But let's get out there and practise some real brotherly/sisterly love. As "gay" as that may sound, I think it's important that we pracitise self-control and patience. Then we'll be ones that learn from history.

Roh
Roh
Roh
Admin

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://milal.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Genesis 4! Empty Re: Genesis 4!

Post  dennis Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:07 am

I got no work done when I came home from the library...
I'm going to wake up at 6am tomorrow to study. wish me luckk at that.

genesis four

v.4 "But Abel brought fat portions from some of the firstborn of his flock. The Lord looked with favor on Abel and his offering, but on Cain and his offering he did not look with favour."
God needs to be #1 on our priority list; he needs the best that we can offer. This isn't something that God commands us to do, but something that we should feel obligated to do because God is so good to us. He gives us the very best, so why do we not give Him the very best? Sometimes, it's selfishness, and other times, it's unwillingness. If we are people of faith, then we should put everything after God and have no problem with offering the best to Him. So, let's make it our mission to make tomorrow's worship time the best; this doesn't mean that we should try our best not to make any mistakes. In fact, making mistakes and sounding good comes after having the right hearts during worship. We can be immersed in the music and play the songs really really well, but if we don't worship at the same time, God will not see us as someone like Abel.

v.15 "If you [Cain] do what is right, will you not be accepted?"
Just because we make a mistake or majorly sin doesn't mean that God will leave us. He's always looking after us, and waiting for us to look for Him. By reading the Bible, and learning from the Christians around us, we can get rid of our sinful nature and do the right thing for God.

pumped pumped pumped for tomorrowww
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:53 am

Never missed a devo and always on time.... 13 mintutes to finish this one, thank God its short...

Ok soooooooooooooo Cain went ape on Abel for giving more than him and "Being" better i guess. This sibling rivalry is common to anyone who has brothers or sisters. But the main part that got me was "If you do what is right, will you not be accepted?" The phrase "its the thought that counts" goes a long way. Even with God. When we serve, its not playing hardcore guitar solos all the time or singing all the songs, its how we play the parts that we get.
But the "spiral of sin" really is a slippery slope. In this chapter alone comes two deaths. Both from the gene of Cain.
The human way is to sin, like they say were "born into sin" but God says here "But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must master it." We have to "master" our sins. Easier said than done but we all have our little secret sins that we should all get rid of in our lives.
Anywhooooooooo today was fun Very Happy not much studying going on though. A lot of perverted dick notes...

See ya tomorrow!! EARLY IN THE MORNING :'(.....
Isaac OUT!
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down