Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don't cry Isaac

2 posters

Go down

Don't cry Isaac Empty Don't cry Isaac

Post  Roh Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:00 pm

Another Tuesday, another break between classes.
I hope everyone's weeks are going well so far.
I'm taking a break at the library and watching "The Office".
Haha, it's so funny. I'm laughing out loud and I don't even care.

Anyway, devos time!

Genesis 7:

V.5: "And Noah did all that the Lord commanded him."

The rest of the chapter is about how the flood came and Noah and his family were spending time in the ark for a hundred and fifty days. Imagine spending 150 days in a boat...that's 5 months! And I can imagine how hard this must have been Noah. Even all the psychological struggles that must've been going through his head. If I were him, it'd be hard for me to watch all my friends, relatives, and everyone else drown while just me and my family got to survive and start the world again (literally). It's interesting, going back to these Sunday school stories from my childhood, and reading them again in a totally new, critical, and more mature perspective. You'll see how much you've missed out on as a kid.

All points aside, verse 5 (as mentioned above) really caught my attention. I read this chapter online and it put that verse in a totally separate paragraph for some odd reason, but it was good enough for me. No matter how much turmoil he had to go through, or the idiosyncrasies that he had to put up with, he listened to God. If God told me today that the entire world is going to wiped away today but I could only take my wife and kids, I would either: a) Legally adopt all of you and my family so that they're technically my kids, or b) Say no, I'd rather die with the rest. It's a lot of responsibility, being the one being involved in the "resetting" of the world. But Noah listened to fought off his struggles.

It makes sense though right? The Bible makes it sound like Noah simply agreed to follow God and was all happy about it. But it doesn't mention any of his inner, mental struggles or even the physical struggles. I don't know what 600 years of age would translate to now, but even though they had better environmental conditions that allowed them to live that long, they still had worse sanitary conditions than us now definitely a worse health care system so it doesn't even make sense to me in the first place that they lived beyond 20 years of age. But he fought that off and worked really hard to achieve God's plans.

I'm excited to read the next chapter, to see what happens!

Roh
Roh
Roh
Admin

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://milal.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Don't cry Isaac Empty Genesis 7

Post  JacobPk Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:55 pm

I love this soccer season. We won today 4-1, but i don't play but i still get to skip english. Pretty sweeeeet. I got to be linesman. Flag UP flag DOWN.
I also had BAND. ugh, but fortunately i actually did play some stuff which was surprising aha.

Bascially the Lord was giving us a second chance, to live and become the creation that he first intended it to become. Imagine, Michael phelps was swimming in this storm and he was treading water. Pretty sick. Anyway, that must've been something special to witness, experiencing rain for 40 days and 40 nights. Obviously we don't know how long those days were back then, so maybe it could've been YEARS. But i want to look at the faith that Noah had during all this time. Throughout chapter 6-7, imagine the struggles he could have been going through, but yet he remained faithful to the Lord. Then to see that everything you had, everything you've seen, experienced, lived in, be all destroyed? Thats a pretty hard thing to live with, but Noah remaind faithful, in ORDER so taht God's glory can be brought forth. I want us to have faith like Noah. Often people made fun of him because he was following the Lord but people didn't seem to understand that. I want US to be like NOAH. you know, even in the worst of times, to look upon the Lord and have the faith to say" God i know you are with me."

Math quiz tomorrow. Problem solving. UGH.
Ciao
have a goooood Weeednessssday.
get it? aha go druggies!
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down