Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Genesis 38

+2
Cathy
Isaac
6 posters

Go down

Genesis 38 Empty Genesis 38

Post  Isaac Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:38 am

Hello hello!
Great practice. Although a little short, it cant be helped.

Gen 38:
I dont really get this chapter. I didnt get much out of it.
My question is, he "spilled his semen" on the ground. In health i learned that "withdraw" doesnt work. Also these prostitutes, would they always get pregnant after a "day on the job". I heard they used goat stomach as a condom..... gross.....

Ill see some of you tomorrow? yea? sick
E-Sek OUT!
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Genesis 38 Empty Re: Genesis 38

Post  Cathy Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:55 am

hey guys sorry i couldnt be there tonight, id better kick some serious UTS-debator-BUTTT tmrw (we secretly have a debating rivalry against them. we're kinda like a gang. except instead of guns we use words and instead of cocaine we have certificates. cause thats how we roll )
wow that was inappropriate

but anyways
good insight, isaac, your words of withdrawl and goatstomach condoms have really granted me great wisdom.
haha but i shouldnt be making fun i couldnt really get anything from this passage
except wow God smited a lot of people back in the day
And we keep seeing a lot of backstabbing in the bible, like how Tamar was promised Judah's son to marry but that never happened and then there was revenge.
And I guess this all stems back to the fall of man and generational sin. with the first step of sin that happened with Adam and Eve we fell into this cycle of sin; of hatred, jealousy, revenge and there was just so much disunity between the people
And the world is still like taht except that God gives us the ability to be saved; he doesnt kick it old testament (that was a juno reference, please tell me someone picks up on it Razz ) and doesnt smite people; instead we have the ability to repent and receive forgiveness.
I don't really know if I have like a concluson of what im trying to say, but i guess tahts it
Good night y'all and ill see you sunday Smile
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahlee Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:11 am

Genesis 38

GREAT BIG ELLIPSES ". . ."
Perhaps I'm not considering it long enough, but perhaps that's because I don't like thinking about this passage, hahaha. Like E-sak and Cashew, I really didn't gain much from this passage. All that occurred to me, really, was that we should be sooo thankful because we live in a world of such sin and darkness where it's so easy for us to fall into it, but God gives us a lot more second chances than he ever showed to these men, it seems. Like, how Judah sleeps with his daughter-in-law? I'm sure there are a lot more twisted things happening in our times, but God doesn't have them drop dead like He used to, haha. Anyways, that is all.
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Genesis 38 Empty Genesis 37 Ok

Post  Allan Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:00 pm

Ummm...I really didn't get anything from this chapter and it just left me with this occurred feeling, witht eh "withdrawed" thing going on.
Ummm and the daughter-in-law thing ummm man this chapter just left a bad taste in my mouth, I am pretty sure there is something important to be found in this chapter but, umm no really a chapter for me to take seriously
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  dennis Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:11 pm

sorry for the late devo.

This passage was scarring for me on so many levels, and I didn't get much out of it. But I agree with Hanners that God never gives up on us. On Friday, Liz talked about God's grace and how it's an "undeserved favour". We certainly don't deserve it as sinners, but God is so loving and generous.
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:42 pm

I learned from this Chapter about doing what is right
I felt like there was a 3 part lesson to this Chapter:
1. Do the right things,
2. Onan's death showed to me that you might not want to do something because you won't necessarily be credited for it, but that doesn't mean you should back out from a commitment.
3. Looking at previous experiences: Onan and Er dying because of Er's wife, should not deter you from doing what is ultimately right, because in the end, it is still up to the person who's doing the act. Onan and Er both did wrong things so they were punished.

Yep.. onto my next devo
oh btw... I learned that doing devos is sooo easy that I always underestimate doing them
I always think to myself, "If I don't do it today, I can do it tmr and it will only take just a little bit longer." and now I have 3 days deficit to overcome...
I'll make sure to keep doing the devos daily, sorry guys!
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down