Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Genesis 11, August 11, 2011. (Not necessary to read Genesis 10).

3 posters

Go down

Genesis 11, August 11, 2011. (Not necessary to read Genesis 10). Empty Genesis 11, August 11, 2011. (Not necessary to read Genesis 10).

Post  julian Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:16 pm

Please post here, guys!

Last edited by julian on Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Genesis 11, August 11, 2011. (Not necessary to read Genesis 10). Empty Re: Genesis 11, August 11, 2011. (Not necessary to read Genesis 10).

Post  DunNo Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:21 pm

what happened to genesis 10?
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.

Back to top Go down

Genesis 11, August 11, 2011. (Not necessary to read Genesis 10). Empty Re: Genesis 11, August 11, 2011. (Not necessary to read Genesis 10).

Post  julian Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:07 pm

There's essentially nothing to discuss in Genesis 10, not to offend the chapter. It all talks about family records and such... we don't necessarily need to read those chapters.
julian
julian
minion

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:13 pm

Genesis 11 still does have family records, but that's not what we should focus on... the importance lies in the story of the Tower of Babylon. As many of us know, it's what we believe how different languages exist today...

The chapter still seemed rather strange to me; in a sense, God wanted to make humans not necessarily perfect, but free from the most evil of sin and to be free of chaos, which was why God used Noah's family as the chosen descendants of Adam and Eve; however, when time came, humans STILL wanted to create chaos and to make a name for themselves. It's a little difficult to explain, but does God want us to not be perfect but yet to not cause terror and tyranny? Tyranny I find is what suits the motivation of these people... then again I'm not sure.

We also have the reminder that our purpose here on Earth isn't to make a name for ourselves; rather, it's the fact that we should be making God's name for every single thing that has breath! Humility is what we should be expressing, not egoism (I can't think of a good word to suit this haha). God's the reason why we're here, still living at this moment, so our purpose on Earth isn't to think of ourselves, but to always have God in the picture of things.
julian
julian
minion

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:08 am

Whew, I'm pooped. Tomorrow, I'm throwing my friend a surprise birthday party and we got him like, the best birthday present everrr everrr. Omg. I'm excited but yeah, like I said, I'm dying slowly..
Kso, the devooo!

5 But the LORD came down to see the city and the tower the people were building. 6 The LORD said, “If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them. 7 Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other.”
We were made so we could all understand each other, but even when we had one another, we still only looked to make a name for ourselves.
I guess that's why we're suppose to be born imperfect.
Because if we had everything we could possibly want/need, we wouldn't go to God. We'd idolize ourselves and forget about him.

Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down