Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Acts 16 (Jan 9th)

+2
JacobPk
Isaac
6 posters

Go down

Acts 16 (Jan 9th) Empty Acts 16 (Jan 9th)

Post  Isaac Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:58 pm

Somebody who?

We have two bits of evidence about the somebody [behind the Moral Law]. One is the universe He has made. If we used that as our only clue, then i Think we should have to conclude that He was a great artist (for the universe is a very beautiful place), but also that He is quite merciless and no friend (for the universe is a very dangerous place).

The other bit of evidence is that moral Law which He has put into our minds. And this is a better bit of evidence than the other, because it is inside information. You find out more about God from the Moral Law than from the universe in general just as you find out more about a man by listening to his conversation than by looking at a house he has built.
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Acts 16 (Jan 9th) Empty Re: Acts 16 (Jan 9th)

Post  JacobPk Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:31 pm

Billy's internet is down and out. so soft
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:56 pm

we met a demon-possessed slave girl.

this scared me a little...

This chapter is full of evangelism in very bad situations... Its good to read about it because evangelism is key to spreading the word. However, i m not sure where i stand on public evangelism, because most of the time its doing more damage than good. I believe in personal evangelism through your life but the Bible does say spread the word verbally.
Ive always wondered about peoples standpoint on public evangelism...

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:31 pm

hey teammmmm ^.^ man today was chill Smile slept in, went skating then just bummed around HAHAHA

5So the churches were strengthened in the faith and grew daily in numbers.
i hope milal follows this Smile strengthen in faith and grow in numbers !

17This girl followed Paul and the rest of us, shouting, "These men are servants of the Most High God, who are telling you the way to be saved." 18She kept this up for many days. Finally Paul became so troubled that he turned around and said to the spirit, "In the name of Jesus Christ I command you to come out of her!" At that moment the spirit left her.
i will be completly honest... those stories about demon posessed people in the bible really freaks me out... and when i hear stories like that from other peoples missions, it keeps me up at night... HAHAHHAA i know.... soft...... but its so easy to forget how powerful Christ's name is alone. Just in the name of Jesus Christ anything is possible! over and over again, in the name of Jesus Christ, people have been saved and they are healed. People are free from demons, people raise from the dead, people who were lame could all of a sudden start walking. WOAHHH. Its like whenever those stories freak me out.. its important to remember "whats there to be afraid of?I have God on my side. He can and will protect me. What can triumph over His name?"

i also liked that last section where the jail like came down and all the doors were open. God really does amazing things and it just proves that He will save us in tough situations. In that section the jailer goes "what can i do to be saved?" and the answer was simple "believe in Jesus Christ and you and your household will be saved" i thought of the song "light of salvation" by desperation band. Jesus is such a big and important part of our lives. For Him we should be able to sing, dance, run after. the lyrics go "whos running, whos singing, whos living a life worth living? we are, we're shining the light of salvation". We should show non believers God's light, and how with Him, you can be happy, feel peaceful, feel safe Smile

ill be at practice by 10. my dad has to pick something up on the way... so i might be a bit late... but ill be there bright and early haha
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:00 am

im having another one of my crazy cravings.. except this one is too specific and would require me to drive out to unionville and wait outside a breakfast bistro till morning. so my craving will go unsatisified this time Sad

"7When they came to the border of Mysia, they tried to enter Bithynia, but the Spirit of Jesus would not allow them to"
I love this, because it reminds us that Jesus is always looking out for us and protecting us. God knows better than any of us what is dangerous and harmful to us, and he's always trying to warn us and lead us in the right way - we just have to make sure that we're listening =)
Again, when Paul and Silas are in jail, God brings an earthquake ot release the prisoners out of jail. Thus God coming to our rescue yet again. Although evangelism can be really scary and there are so many barriers and struggles that come our way, this chapter focuses on how God will deliver us from those situations.. So hopefully when God calls us to do something - whether it be as small as like. choosing not to swear when we're with our school friends, or as big as pickign up and going to africa to do missionary work, God will alwyas be there to help us out Smile

toodleo-oo!
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:04 am

27 The jailer woke up to see the prison doors wide open. He assumed the prisoners had escaped, so he drew his sword to kill himself.28 But Paul shouted to him, "Stop! Don't kill yourself! We are all here!"

this part stuck out to me so much!
The jail keeper dude was told to make sure NO ONE escaped but as he saw the doors were gone, he was going to kill himself.
It was then when he asked Paul how can he gain salvation, how could he be saved.
He went straight to God because he needed help.

Just from all that, it really shows how humans in general are really self centered. We might think we care about God more than anything else, but we mainly go to god for help. Instead we should be going to God regardless of the situation and not go to him about our needs, but just communicating to him.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:46 am

SO FREAKING ANONNOYING AGFHHHH!!!

so basically by right cheek has been twitching for the past 3 hours.

We see how the message of God is spreading throughout the nations. We are reading the accounts of peter, and his mission. We get to read his situations, and the things he had to deal with.

Jail time...never good

worship is so important, and lifting. Worship has no limit. You are not bound to worship and praise in a certain time or place. You have the chance to do it anywhere and anytime. Like Peter, he was in the worst possible situation, but he still had the chance to worship and gice glosry to God. I think that priase has become to routine in today's time. Where worship and priase is something that we do at Sunday, before the pastor somes and say his thing. I think that the Christian lifestlye has become so limited and mundane, and it is sad because we are missing out. We see Peter who is a passionate follwer of christ being able to worship, even in the crap times. lol

anyways

c ya all
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:28 am

umm i think i liked denise's picture better. Isaac... bro code. BROS over hoes.
you humiliated me. atleast put a picture of Allan.

i really thought this story was amazing. It neer is too late to turn to Christ and it shows that right here.
Everyone has the chance, well done jailer. haha.
To get beaten up so many times and thrown in jail BUT to be praising God and singing to him?
That's next level... haha
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:32 am

happy jacob?
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:53 pm

AHAHAHAHAH ^
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down