Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Acts 20 Jan 14

5 posters

Go down

Acts 20  Jan 14 Empty Acts 20 Jan 14

Post  Kevin Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:34 pm

24 But my life is worth nothing to me unless I use it for finishing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus—the work of telling others the Good News about the wonderful grace of God.

When we feel that we have lived or are living a life with no regrets, chances are it is because we lived a life that's worth living a life for God. Living a life for God is the best possible life and most accomplsihed you could ever live. The only thing that makes us worth living is Jesus. If we ever sing songs that reflect on us like Breathe, when we sing "And I, I'm lost without you", let's really try to mean the worship that we sing, otherwise it's useless blabber.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Acts 20  Jan 14 Empty Re: Acts 20 Jan 14

Post  Billy Kim Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:02 am

Hey guys, nothing special today and failed a math quiz...
plus in last period, the next room had to take care of little kids and
they were SOOO CUTE!! I was wondering tho, when i saw those little
cute kids, they were all White blond kids... i was thinking WHERE ARE
ALL THE AZNS AND BLACK KIDS!! RACIST SCHOOL!!!!!! HAAAAAAAA!!!
SUUUPPPPEEEEEERRRR KAAAAMEEEEEHAAAAMEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
oh yea, had to go back to school at 7 to play for grade 8's and parents
when NO GRADE 8'S AND PARENTS WERE THERE!!!

35In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.' "
Sick verse, More blessed to give than to receive... i kno that we have selfishness,
everybody is selfish. We put ourselves first instead of jesus and others... People say
we should strive to be more LIKE jesus. and the first thing that jesus did was to
put himself last, Because putting urself last is better than being first in many occasions..
i know we all have a hardtime being selfless but also, we all kno that giving always feels
good too.
28Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers.[a] Be shepherds of the church of God,[b] which he bought with his own blood.
Be shepherds of the church... Shepherds are people who guide the ways of sheeps.
and sheeps cant see further than a meter i believe and if one sheep was to fall in
a cliff, all will and there job was to guide them so that they wont hurt themselves.
there's a fine line frombeing cocky and being a leader. we're just being asked to be
a leader if we can. If u believe that u are called to be a leader, u should try your best
to be a leader and be commited to it like ur giving your own blood. Some people might
say that i dunt kno how to be a leader, but trust me, no matter who you are, some people
need your guidence to be closer with god. i kno in a retreat, during the last night, there
are people jst waiting in the room for prayers. Anybody can be a leader there and just go
up to them and like pray with them. you might need your own prayers too but u guys can be
jst leaders of each other...
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:59 am

lalalalllalalal says the cow

"24 But my life is worth nothing to me unless I use it for finishing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus"
This is something ive had in my head since i can remember. Even when i was little and imagined my future job, i always thought on how it can relate to God. Being older now, and somewhat wiser :p, ive realized that doing God's work is so broad and isnt restricted to the church.

Talking to Rohan made me realize that too...

great chapter full of great lessons.

see you tomorrow guys!
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:37 am

I liked today's chapter Smile it reminded me of overflow at retreats. Here Paul was planning to leave the next day so he preached till midnight. I thought of it as like the last night before the retreat is over. The most intense night. The last one before reality hits. Overflow is a good time to really open up and share. To learn and realize new things about yourself or others! We tend to pay more attention on the last night. Maybe it's because you finally realize that it's almost over or because the speaker and the worship team sets the mood. We cry, we confess and sometimes we make promises to God. You feel so holy and good. You're on this spiritual high! But in that dream like world, we come to realize what awaiting for us back at home. Paul was saying how he knew that prison and hardships were heading his way.... And whe. You be one closer to God you will struggle... But we shouldn't just go back to the way we were.. We should take that fire and finish wha t God started. We need to keep going and persevere! I'm hoping. Tha this year will be About me reaching mu dreams and overcoming obstacles with God. ixwant to grow more As a leader and know where God is pointing me to !
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:47 am

"24However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace. "
I like this verse very mucho.
Paul totally puts a different value and worth to his life - by stating that life is nothing if it isn't to complete God's task for us. But like Isaac said everyone does their task in different ways - not all of us can be missionaries or pastors, but God has a specific purpose set out for us, that we may be able to fulfill this task in the way that God wants us to.
The hard part is figuring out how. and what. For now all we can do is pray, and have faith that God will answer - that wherever he takes us, will be the right path for us. We have to be able to let go of our own desires for our lives and go for God's. But this isn't a sacrifice. Like Sam always says, "Why Settle For Less?"
If we truly have faith that our lives will be most fruitful and worth something if we do what God wants us to do, then straying from this and following our own desires just gives us crappier lives. So let's make the best of what we have, and never settle for less, but only accept God.

see you all tmrw! i feel like we havent had practice for SO LONG! PRAISE TEAM DEPRIVED!
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down