Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Acts 2

+4
josephpaik
Kevin
Audrey Jong
jennifer
8 posters

Go down

Acts 2 Empty Acts 2

Post  jennifer Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:49 pm

ACTS 2!
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Acts 2 Empty Re: Acts 2

Post  jennifer Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:01 pm

i think what stuck out to me most was at the end!
the believers formed a community and "met together in one place and shared everything they had. 45 They sold their property and possessions and shared the money with those in need. 46 They worshiped together at the Temple each day, met in homes for the Lord’s Supper, and shared their meals with great joy and generosity[j]—47 all the while praising God and enjoying the goodwill of all the people. "
this i think is important for us to know because what we usually focus on is our personal relationship with God, but what makes it grow and expand into different regions is worshiping God as a community, because thats what God wants us to do! ("And each day the Lord added to their fellowship those who were being saved")
if we all keep to ourselves while worshipping God, people will not hear of Him, thus people will not be added to the congregation and to believers! so its important to do things as a Christian community that bring us closer ttogether, bring new people to church, and to grow further in our relationship with God Smile yeyeah!
soooo that what i got from todays passage!
hope yall had a good day at school! byeee
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Acts 2 Empty Acts 2

Post  Audrey Jong Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:01 pm

happy tuesday people!
Acts 2 is mainly about believing and following the Lord. I mostly heard Peter speak about repentance, and was explaining how Jesus acended into heaven and sits with God in heaven. He preached this because a few verses back, the chapter explained that the believers recieved the holy spirit and gifted them with a tounge that speaks every language so that they may preach to others that know different languages. Some still did not believe and said that they were drunk instead. So Peter spoke up. Because of this, Many have come to believe so towards the end of this chapter in verse 41, it said: "Those who believed what Peter said were baptized and added to the church that day-about 3,000 pein all."
This chapter was very moving and inspireing because Peter spoke out and ended up making a huge difference because he has made so many baptized and decided to go to church!

I hope that your week is going well so far....I had a huge science test today....alrighty, i'll see you guys soon!
~Audrey~ Very Happy
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:43 pm

Man my week is jam packed with tests, assignments, and presentations... all from my English class. My teacher is legit retarded.

40 Then Peter continued preaching for a long time, strongly urging all his listeners, “Save yourselves from this crooked generation!”

Well this verse seemed to stick out to me the most out of this passage. Even though the passage was talking about the generation back then, it kinda got me reflecting about our generation now. There are so many more messed up things happening now then before and I believe that it's just getting worse. Peter said save ourselves, he wanted us to be holy, to be set apart from our generation and he's aboslutely right. Our generation is crooked and we can't be one of those common people. I struggle with it, I'm sure everyone else does as well, but hopefully we'll be different, we'll be set apart.

yeahh gotta get back to work,.
It looks like I'll have the setlist sent out by tomorrow..
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:30 pm

hey guys.
3 days. 3 tests LOL
last one is tomorrow Razz

In the first part of the chapter, i didnt really get much because all it said was how God enabled the disciples to speak in Gods language. Many people were amazed but some laughed a mocked them that they were too drunk...
But the disciple Peter told the crowd, how are they drunk when its 9:00 in the monring and explained that it was spoken by the prophet Joel.
3000 in number was added on the th day when the people who accepted his message and baptized believed. They were teachers and taught about the apostle and fellowship, to the breaking of bread, to prayer. Many miraculous signs were done by the apostles, because they believed. They had things in common and sold all their possesions and goods to whoever wa sin need. The number gradually increased and the number was the amount of people who were being saved.

We should be more like the apostles in this chapter. They were teachers of Christ and taught about fellowship and the deeds of Jesus. They gave up their belongings and goods just for Christ and always continued to serve God. WE should be children of Christ and lead others like how the apostles did. I know its easier said than done, but we should always try because i know a lot of people in our ministry are either forced to come on sundays or havent found Christ yet, and we should be helpers of Christ to change that.
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  James Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:55 pm

13 "Some, however, made fun of them and said, "They have had too much wine." They were drunk, but with the Holy Spirit.

Peter was preaching about the Lord and how he sent Jesus, his only son, for our sins. I could truly see him doing this, and turning the hearts and just reaching out to all that were listening. "They were cut to the heart."

Verse 47 "And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved."

This verse just lit me up. God counts us like when we were young, counting down to the days that were remaining to our birthdays. Everyday, I remember that I'd be happier and happier. God is most definitely overwhelmed when someone offers their life to him and repents. Each one will be just like a day passing as one awaits on his birthday.
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Acts 2 Empty acts 2

Post  jaake kwon Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:32 am

Im glad we started devos on the Acts of the Apostles, cuz it demonstrates what we should strive to be like as fellow children of God.

Acts 2 is a very long chapter, and in it, Simon Peter preaches on various things.
He proves that Jesus was a part of a prophecy, and that God has a plan.
He teaches the worried that they still have hope and they can still receive the eternal salvation and forgiveness.
But most importantly, he took initiative and took a role of leadership.

i guess the fruits from this chapter was to step up to the stage instead of backing down further.
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:09 am

Oh man, that a hectic week it's already been.
I want to just crawl into bed and stay there forever. Hmph!
Times like theseeee. smhhhh

ANYWHO,
40 Peter warned them with many other words; he begged them, “Save yourselves from the evil of the people who live now!”

Oh man, I'm going to pass out any minute now...
hmm, well, I found that this was a good reminder. Especially as teenagers, we really need to stay away from falling into peer pressure and falling into these worldly traps.
Just remember that none of it matters later on.

Sorry that was so short. I'm going to fall asleep at my computer if I go on any longer.
So, goodnight guys and goodluck in school!
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:52 pm

AHHHH what a chill week Very Happy all were doing is watching movies and relaxing. feels nice Very Happy

anywho... this chapter is a very meaningful and powerful chapter because as the disciples gained the holy spirit other people found out who Jesus was and everyone started to praise God. I think that this was a great time of happiness.

The part that stood out to me was actually the first bit when the disciples got the holy spirit and talked in differemt tongues which made other people realizxe that these people who were foriegn to these languages are speaking it right now.
I think that this is amazing and it proves that the power of the holy spirit is great and can do anything and perform many great miracles.
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down