Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Acts 11

+2
Isaac
Grace
6 posters

Go down

Acts 11 Empty Acts 11

Post  Grace Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:35 pm

Hope everyone had a good day! I have a lot of isu's and stuff ..... Lol awesome......

So no specific verses today but I liked a few things that stood out to me in this chapter. So first I like how peter was so obedient. God told him to do something and he did. I also like how Peter said "who am I to oppose God?" like who are we to judge what God does? Are we saying that what He's doing is wrong? It also says in this chapter "don't call anything God made clean unclean" i thought over what this might mean.....I tthought of a few things.... But im not sure if im right so I'll come back to this hahaha

I thought of the song give us clean hands when i read that. Jesus saved us from being slaves to din do that we can be with him in heaven but we're still unclean since we still sin and that's why we ask God to give us clean hands and pure hearts!
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Acts 11 Empty Re: Acts 11

Post  Isaac Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:51 am

hows school? i hate work, per usual

"The Spirit told me to go with them, no questions asked."
This is hard for me, when ive been tested, ive made exceptions to it. If theres one thing i have learned, its that if its not done 100%, God doesnt want it at all... its hard to understand or comprehend but its just his characteristic. So if he says "go to africa today" and you leave next week, its not the same...

thats what i have learned in life thus far Smile

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:13 am

Hey haha today was slushy.

Anyway, i didn't get anythign specifically from this chapter, but i want to encourage you guys that God
does work, even in the mysterious ways. He might nto talk with you like he does with others, or give you dreams,
but if you want it that bad, it'll come. It's somethign i'm working on... epecially with university and stuff.

Anyway, about this email, i forgot i had ball tourney this friday so i'll let you guys know tomorrow to confirm!
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:26 am

sorry i missed yesterdays devo here it is.

ahah it was great to have sam back. I like how he specifically defined sin. Sin is sin, and that puts EVERYONE of us on the same level. And that really made me realize we can't judge anyone if we're not any better than them. The Judging is meant for God only.

9 "But the voice from heaven spoke again: `Do not call something unclean if God has made it clean.

I liked this verse because i thought that it means that Whatever god does is good and has a purpose. Maybe there are less forunate people, they can be sick, crippled, and they might think "why god, why me" We could view this as a bad thing. Why would God let a man suffer? God does it so that people can rely on him. If we had everything, we would rely less on God. If we had nothing, we would put more of our hopes into God. God also uses the weak to lead the strong.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:27 am

hey guys, man, i messed up my
sleeping time... come back from school
and waking up like now... That's pretty bad...

16Then I remembered what the Lord had said: 'John baptized with[a]water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.' 17So if God gave them the same gift as he gave us, who believed in the Lord Jesus Christ, who was I to think that I could oppose God?"

Sick verse, even gentiles can worship god so everybody is worth the same...
Nobody in this world is rejected by god... Jesus died for all of us...

and also, i find it interesting how the word of god is spread soo fast...
iunno about u guys, but i heard this quote saying the words of god
is eternal, and it's tru, god's words have been around for the longest
time...
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:58 am

ahh sorry i did my devos hours ago but then got called down for dinner so didnt post.
and then i forgot about it till now..
and now im too tired to post. but i DID do them!

good night y'allz.

ps. english essay? CONQUERED.
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down