Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Genesis 41

5 posters

Go down

Genesis 41 Empty Genesis 41

Post  dennis Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:44 pm

I had no school today. notta. Woohoo..

So, I visited my cello teacher, and, as I opened the front door, I smacked her cat right in the face with the door. Neyo (the cat) gave me the scariest look ever. But whatever. I never liked cats Shocked ..
Then, I went to costco to get a book, and I really wanted this container of mixed nuts, and my mom said no. She said she was "helping" me by not buying the nuts. I don't get her logic at all. Do you?
Last, I got my flu shot, and I almost punched the doctor. It hurt so much and he took his good ol' time injecting the medecine (?). Ughhh it's been a greattt day. Can you tell?

Genesis 41

Jacob surely favours the youngest children over the older ones. But then again, the older boys are quite the evil. Well, I didn't really learn a lot from this passage. The thing that was interesting was that the brothers' guilt was finally kicking in. When they were in trouble, they realized that there were consequences for their actions.

It was also sad to see Joseph broken when he saw his brothers. I saw how amazing Joseph was because he still loved his brothers even though they destroyed him.

When someone, like Joseph, is devoted to God, they are so loving and forgiving. It would be amazing for everyone to accept Christ and live their lives like Joseph.
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Genesis 41 Empty Re: Genesis 41

Post  JacobPk Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:52 pm

Unni i think thats 42..?
haha
TOday, i didn't go to school either. i played ball. and i was sweaty Wink
I have to get to school early tomorrow for a Remebrance day Band rehearsal. Sickk.

Anyway in this chapter you can see that God is always there. Whenever there seemed to be something bad, examples.. Joseph had a dream and his brothers sold him, he tried to resist sex and he was put in jail, he interpreted a dream and the guy forgot about him. How hard msut've it been for Joseph to not say" God where are you?" But Joseph remained in the Lord, and the Lord finally got him out, giving him riches and everyhing else as a reward. I mean, God is pretty wierd. I bet he like,,, laughs at you when you're going through rough times and then when he's had his fun, he enhances us. terrible terrible thinking. God loves us, and he will reward us as long as we remain in him.
REMAIN. sick Smile

Cia\o.
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:06 am

So the cupholder forgot about Joseph until the right moment came up, that's cool.
Umm..
I learned from this Chapter to always heed to warnings and prepare for the harsh things in the future that you KNOW will come.
The future is unpredictable, but if you have it figured out somehow, then you should do your best to prevent that from bringing you down. The knowledge is a blessing from God so that He may help you.
Also, i learned that if even the Pharaoh of Egypt is willing to give up his position for the sake of his people, then I should be willing to give up just as much or even more for the sake of my family and friends for any given amount of time.
Finally caught up, but the important thing was all the things I learned today, and I think I learned a lot, I didn't write everything down because they didn't occur to me at the time, but I did learn more than what I've written.
I will be doing it daily from now on! I promise to myself! ahh!
Alright, see ye guys later~
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:23 am

are we doing chapter 41???

Anywhoo
This is a pretty sick chapter. Joseph goes from a prisoner to super fortune teller/ grain holder person....

This is a good plan from Joseph. He heard God and planned ahead of time so they wouldnt have to starve. I think we can relate to this. If we think we have a calling, we should "plan" ahead. For instance. If i had a calling to become a missionary, i would work my butt off and study hard and learn as much as i can.

Long day, have a good Tuesday!!!

E-Sek OUT!
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:41 am

Another Cinderella story of Joseph!

We've already seen Joseph get in trouble by Potiphar after he was falsely accused of "raping" his wife. But God came to his rescue. And not only that, God blessed him tremendously and he was able to go up the ranks and make a difference and show people that he is God's own. Same thing here! He had a great opportunity to please the Pharaoh, but look how humb
le he was. He simply did whatever he thought God would want him to do and remained calm through it all. I'm sure this was a very difficult task too. In those days, false interpretation probably would have resulted in heavy punishments. But he maintained his composure and only told the truth. If I was in that situation, I might even be scared into telling the Pharaoh only good things. And look what God does for him again! Joseph becomes the second in command of probably the most powerful nation at that time.

It's crazy. It only took a few generations from the descendants of Abraham who seemed to be primitive and sinful at times, doing very unhumanly things, and climbed the ranks in a matter of generations. God is truly present through these people's lives, and it would be an under
rstatement to say that God is amazing.

God is always with you! Through your struggles remain humble and maintain your composure, and trust God.

Roh
(Roh cant get onto the forums so he sent this to me to post)
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahlee Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:45 am

I need to change my cartilage earring. My mum bought me a simple ball to put in place of the "scary" one I have in right now. Egad. That'll be an experience.
I started painting a monster today. His name is Absurdity.
I've been writing journal entries for the last hour and feel all abstract.

GENESIS 41

v.16: "I cannot do it," Joseph replied to Pharaoh, "but God will give Pharaoh the answer he desires."
The humbleness that Joseph demonstrates is beyond measure. There are so many times in our lives when we convince ourselves that all the great that we do is all of our own doing, but without God where would we be? All of our talents, our ability to make music every Friday and Sunday...would we still be capable if God hadn't blessed each of us in the first place? I like this verse because it challenges us to be like Joseph and strip ourselves to nothing before God.

v.46: Joseph was thirty years old when he entered the service of Pharaoh king of Egypt.
Joseph was only thirty and he was in charge of all of Egypt (essentially)! Sold away by his brothers, wrongfully imprisoned, Joseph didn't have such a great run..and this just goes to show that God will and does use the broken, hurting, and YOUNG to carry out GREAT things.

Happy Choo-choo-choosdays.

- H
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:15 am

dennis wrote:I had no school today. notta. Woohoo..

So, I visited my cello teacher, and, as I opened the front door, I smacked her cat right in the face with the door. Neyo (the cat) gave me the scariest look ever. But whatever. I never liked cats Shocked ..

I love cats... can't believe u hit one in the face
that's like hitting me in the face denise...
poor cat
and Neyo is a SICK name for a cat
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content