Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Genesis 43!

+3
Roh
JacobPk
Isaac
7 posters

Go down

Genesis 43! Empty Genesis 43!

Post  Isaac Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:10 pm

ooohhkayyyy... I slept 13 hours yesterday... epic.....
I these chapters obviously all lead to one big story. So i didnt get much from this chapter. I did, however, read a few chapters forward and its awesome.
What i dont get is why didnt Joseph just tell them earlier? Not from the first time he saw them, but after they returned from a long journey back and forth. But i guess we werent there so we cant really tell.
If i were Joseph's brothers, and he constantly asked me how my father was doing, i would feel a little suspicious.

Anywho, have a good Thursday!!
E-Sek OUT!
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Genesis 43! Empty Re: Genesis 43!

Post  JacobPk Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:45 pm

In this chapter, i wonder what Joseph mustve been feeling. Seeing his older brothers and his youngest brother whom he had never seen before. Man i would like to show something that MANY of us struggle to do. "Forgiveness" I mean who prepares a dinner feast for their family, knowing that they sold him out and abandoned him? Instead, Joseph with a willing heart forgave them and let his emotions take over.
Will we as a praise team forgiev each other like that? Or anyone else in the world? It's easier said than done. It's harder to forgive someone you KNOW than someone you don't know. Only after they've broken your trust. Totally irrelevant but i wanted to stick that in there
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Roh Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:58 pm

Isaac. HOW the heck do you sleep for thirteen hours? Don't you have school? Friends? A life? Haha, jk. Kind of.

Today's been such a long day. It's so cold out! I hate the cold...I'd rather live in the tropics where I can just get up, put on a pair of shorts, and enjoy the rest of the day. That's right, no shirt. Haha, kidding. But I think it's something about the sun that makes me more motivated and gets me going in my life! Maybe I'm mildly diagnosed with season affective disorder...meh. You know what I mean though? I just don't like waking up to the dark. I like that feeling of waking up to the sun.

Anyway, here's Genesis 43.

This continuation of the story is pretty exciting. The brothers went back to their father and were so scared to go back. So they decided to bring twice the amount of money for the food to give to Joseph so that they won't get in trouble and somehow find their way out of danger. But it was nothing like they expected. Joseph treated them so nicely and even treated Benjamin with more compassion and kindness (I think I might have missed something...why does he do that?).

Joseph's wisdom continues to be displayed here. He handles the situation with a lot of composure and probably in the best way that would glorify God.

But not much else I got out of this chapter to be honest. But excited to read the rest of the story!

Roh
Roh
Roh
Admin

Number of posts : 147

https://milal.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:35 pm

i have friends.....Sad
no its called skipping english and sleeping during my lunch = LONG SLEEP
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahlee Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:37 pm

GENESIS 43

I didn't draw too much from this chapter...But I could imagine the fear that Israel must have had, sending his youngest Benjamin to Egypt with the others, after having already "lost" Joseph.
I just think the way that Joseph deals with everything is very admirable. Instead of being 'rightfully' angry with his brothers, he treats them like Kings. He models after Jesus in putting himself last and it challenges me to do the same in my everyday life..I might not be a king/queen or a person of great influence per se, but I'm sure there are areas where I can still put the virtue of humble service into practice.

HAPPY THURSDAYS.
this week is almost over. and for once, i don't even excitedly anticipate the weekend.

- H
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:42 pm

Hey guys
I thought Joseph did a really good job again at handling the situation he was in.
So it was months between the first journey and the second journey, so the brothers might feel bitter if Joseph revealed himself after such a long time even though he had known that his brothers had come and gone. Joseph's brothers could have used this to send him on a guilt trip and treat them unjustly well, because Joseph definitely would.
Other than this... I didn't really take anything else away from this chapter, except that it was a good read =]
See you all on Friday!
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Post  Steven.Hong Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:23 am

hehehe
hello long time no DEVO.
so how are you guys???
anyone excited for winter retreat!!!!
Genesis 43

In this chapter there isnt that much goin on. There was a famine so they had to get food from
somewhere else. At the end of the chapter talks about how Joseph and the brothers and the Egyptians
were sitting in different places because Egyptians didnt like sitting with Hebrews. And they were served
alot of food at the end.
I learn that Egyptians dont like the Hebrews<---- so mean

-Steven Hong lol!
Steven.Hong
Steven.Hong
minion

Number of posts : 142
Birthday : Inside 8====D~~~~o
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  dennis Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:35 am

v.34 When portions were served to them from Joseph's table, Benjamin's portion was five times as much as anyone else's. So they feasted and drank freely with him.

Here, I saw that Joseph was giving the best to Benjamin because Joseph was once in his place as the youngest son, and the favorite of all of the brothers to their father. This really made me think of how I treat younger people at my school and my younger sister. Sometimes, I get really mad because my parents seem to treat her as their favorite. I realized that I was acting like Joseph's brothers who brought their brother down just so that they could be blessed by their father; obviously I wouldn't be as extreme as them, but, at times, it's easy to be jealous of someone else and lose love and respect for them.

This chapter taught me to serve others with humility and love.
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down