Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Genesis 22

Go down

Genesis 22 Empty Genesis 22

Post  Roh Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:55 pm

Genesis 22!

Sorry everyone that I've been slacking on my devos lately. I know that school is no excuse but it's been crazy. I'm going to be more consistent and be a good example. Thanks for understanding.

THIS is the part of Genesis that I was talking about last Friday. God tested him, and Abraham simply responded, "Here I am." And look what God made him do! Abraham has been trusting in God so much and doing so much work for him, yet God decided to test him even further. The world isn't fair sometimes. But that's okay, because after this, Abraham was really blessed and pretty much all of the earth's people come from his lineage. Like I said before about Abraham and the suffering he went through, God always rewarded him in the end. It's kind of cruel, seeing how many times he had to be faced with tough situations. But in a way, I feel like maybe in Genesis, they don't talk about all the "happy moments" that Abraham had. They only focus on the hardships.

But it's amazing to see how Abraham was actually up for sacrificing his son for God. Just imagine that moment between the time that God told him to sacrifice his son, and up to the point that he had to go out and sacrifice his son. It makes sense that he woke up early in the morning and went out. He probably couldn't even sleep all night. I like imagining these things and putting myself in these people's (from the old testament) shoes. And yet, Abraham got off his butt and went up to the mountain to kill his own son.

I don't know...this story is pretty famous for the topic of "faith". But what was really going through Abraham's head? He must've been so angry, or so hurt that the one God that he trusted was doing that to him. But YET, he trusted in God. Weird, and a hard concept to grasp. Remember that this son came after MANY years of trying and giving him up would have meant the world to him.

Take after that kind of faith and trust!

Roh

ps. CHECK YOUR EMAILS
Roh
Roh
Admin

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://milal.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down