Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gen gen 22 22

+3
hannahlee
JacobPk
Isaac
7 posters

Go down

Gen gen 22 22 Empty Gen gen 22 22

Post  Isaac Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:28 am

What is up my friends? I hope you all had a good day or having a good day while im typing away.

This chapter tells the bible school story of Abraham killing Isaac. As a kid in sunday school we learn that (because its pretty weird and morbid killing your own son) that its all about the FAITH. Now that were older we learn that this parallels Jesus and his death. Like how the "son" (Isaac and Jesus) carry the "wood" (in Jesus' case the cross) up a long walk. The "three day" thing comes up here as well, like how Isaac walked for three days Jesus died for Three days. The three comes up a lot.
The idea that Abraham would kill his OWN, and ONLY son was a huge deal. Something that we should all admire. God, as we know, stopped him but God himself later on, much later on, killed his OWN and ONLY son on the cross.

Another thing id like to point out that means a lot to me was "14 So Abraham called that place The LORD Will Provide. And to this day it is said, "On the mountain of the LORD it will be provided." During the purpose driven life segment we did a while back (i dont recall if all of you did it) the most important thing i got from those weeks were "God will provide". Pauline was my teacher and we talked about that phrase a lot and how in our lives he does provide. So now everytime i think somethings impossible i think "God will provide". Just how he provided the ram.

Another side note, i thought it was a sheep not a ram. Most people say it was a sheep.
ahha did anyone see that family guy episode when Abraham and Isaac are walking down the mountain and Isaac goes crazy on his father saying "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?? HUH YOUR JUST GOING TO STAY QUIET AND NOT SAY ANYTHING?? WHAT WAS GOING ON UP THERE??"
ahahaha ok its not so funny if you read it but if you saw it, its pretty hilarious. It just gives another point of view on the story, imagine the awkwardness of it all after he was stopped...

Okay, so have a good day all! Tomorrow is the last day of the week for some of us Very Happy and Denise's birthday Very Happy

E-Sak OUT!
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Gen gen 22 22 Empty Genesis 22

Post  JacobPk Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:55 pm

Ok, so i had a sweaty day, another session of dance/jamming. Pretty sick, and i can almost windmill now!
ahah i hope your week has been going goood! Denise Unni Seng-IL, tomorrow!

Abraham tested Smile
Crazy faith, Crazy Abraham... Can we be that crazy for God?
Sam always asked us this question" DO you think Abraham would've really slayed his son, or stop at the last second?"
I think Abraham really would've did it, but at the same time i think Abraham knew that God would provide. I know it doesn't make much sense, but that fact that Abraham said in verse 5 " We will come back to you" really meant that they were going to go back together.
SO Abraham really intended to kill his son, but also believed tat the Lord had a reason for doing so, thus providing, which resulted in Abraham calling the place The LORD will Provide.
Also like how ROh mentioned that Abraham just obeyed the Lord, i think we should aall do the same.
I rememebr in our JOO-BO lonmg time ago it always said "When the timing is wrong God says slow, when you are wrong God says grow, when the request in wrong God says No, but when they are all right God says GO.
But when he DOES say GO, will we be prepared?
Something to think about. aha

Anyway Library session with Hannah tomorrow. Looking forward to functions noona? Cause you're helping me.
Hope you guys have a awesome THURSDAY!
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Gen gen 22 22 Empty Re: Gen gen 22 22

Post  hannahlee Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:40 pm

Don't be funny, Mountain. Math and I are like, mixing citrus and dairy products = a terrible mess. I did that once when I was like 7. After finding the greatest condiment mix known to mankind when I, one day, decided to be adventurous and mixed ketchup and mayonnaise, I figured only good could come out of more mixes. So I took a glass of milk and orange juice and drank it. Needless to say, I was bowled over on the floor when my parents came home. Hahaha.

GENESIS 22

This story's insane. I can't imagine what kinds of emotions must have been running through Abraham's head. A parent's love for a child is unconditional and to have his one and only God, whom he loves and lives for, ask him to sacrifice the one son Abraham had waited 99 years to have, is pretty heartbreaking, I'd imagine. But the kind of faith this man demonstrates...man. Verse one's, "Here I am"...In the face of a calling from God, could I be so brave?
What I find extra admirable about Abraham is the fact that he doesn't wait to hear His command before laying his will before God. I feel like a lot of the times we wait to hear what it is that God wants us to do, and maybe if it seems within our means, if it seems reasonable, if our present lives can accommodate for it, we'll arise to the occasion. But Abraham, who had already experienced some extraordinary callings from God and already knew what more seemingly impossible commands He was capable of, was still faithful in knowing that God would provide no matter the situation, and presented himself right away. That's pretty great.
I like how E-Sak mentioned the "God will provide" part. It's a bit of a motto we can all recall on the regular or when the going gets tough, because God is always there for us, and will never, ever forsake us.

Has anyone wondered about what must have been running through Isaac's head? I'm inclined to think that there was a degree of recognition that his dad was carrying out some kind of will bc he allowed himself to be bound and placed inches away from death. Or perhaps he was just cloaked in fear. Hmm...

D-D-D-DENNIS. Needs to watch one scene from the Sound of Music. Tonight. It's a Hannah rite of passage.

- H
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Gen gen 22 22 Empty Genesis 22 Devotion

Post  Allan Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:59 am

Cause it's a thriller BA! BA!

Wow the school is pretty desperate for a big show up in this years Halloween dance
My goodness, today was hectic! 3 of my friends asked me to edit there Essay for them, and ugghhhh It was heck, there were girls too and dang I wanted to say piss off (I was in a grumpy mood got math test back) lol, but obviously I said sure, and Well i had a straight 1 hour of
fun.

Genesis 22

Wow killing Issac ooops I mean "Isaac" Razz

I can't even fathom how Abraham must of felt. The moment he heard "kill your son" I think I would have just been disgusted if I was at the scene. Can we be that prepared for God. The right anser should be yes, but if we were in in Abraham place, I don't think I would be ever perpared to take the plunge like that. I recently took a interest into the topic of insanity and what it is,

Insanity:any form or degree of mental disturbance of mind, permanent or temporary, that makes a person incapable to tell right from wrong
I liked to beleive in the past that because of the mental stress given to Abraham by God Abraham went a little insane. Thats what I thought when I was a kid, and to this day a part of me still wants to beleive that, because Damm I can't process this whole killing your child thing. God was testing him we know that but the whole scheme of things is just a little sickening.

I am almost done catching up To you guys and I hop I'll catch up this Firday PA DAY YAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:24 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DENISEEEEE!

kk so Genesis 22: is the classic biblical story about Abraham and his sacrifice to God.
God asks Abraham to give up his one and only son as an offering to God. Isaac was a miracle to Abraham and Sarah; they had him when Abraham was 100, and they wanted a son very badly and God FINALLY blessed them with one, and then he asks Abraham to kill him. What amazes me the most is that Abraham didnt even show hesitation. God didn't explain WHY he wanted this blessed son t o be killed, or anything. But Abraham didn't doubt, didn't question. Instead, the passage just says : "Early the next morning Abraham got up and saddled his donkey." That is CRAZY faith my friends. I find that when something that God asks us to do is even a little bit hard, we complain and we go BUT WHYYY GOD WHYYYY? But nothing compares to what God asked of Abraham, and yet Abraham didn't complain at all. THis really shows Abraham's strength and his faith in God. People say that there is no love like parental love (excpet for God's love ofcourse), so this passage really shows the extent to which Abraham went. Cant get more faithful than that, man
I reflected on my own life and I really felt that I need to stop complaining. Sometimes God takes things away, but sometimes he gives us things. God provides (Like that VBS SONG with the birds and the bees and the microwaves?). The bible says that GOd wont put us through anything we can't handle, so wahtever he throws our way, we just really have to know taht God is there for us, and he provides us with the strength tomake it through. And in the end, we will be rewarded.

Have a good THURSDAYY tmrw. i mean, today.
and denise yet again HAPPYBIRTHDAYYYY <3 santa
the santa hat was the best i could find, dont get me wrong, i dont consider the birth of denise to be the seame as the birth of Jesus.
JESUS IS WAY COOLER MAN
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:52 pm

Isaac wrote:
Another side note, i thought it was a sheep not a ram. Most people say it was a sheep.
ahha did anyone see that family guy episode when Abraham and Isaac are walking down the mountain and Isaac goes crazy on his father saying "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?? HUH YOUR JUST GOING TO STAY QUIET AND NOT SAY ANYTHING?? WHAT WAS GOING ON UP THERE??"
ahahaha ok its not so funny if you read it but if you saw it, its pretty hilarious. It just gives another point of view on the story, imagine the awkwardness of it all after he was stopped...

Okay, so have a good day all! Tomorrow is the last day of the week for some of us Very Happy and Denise's birthday Very Happy

E-Sak OUT!

Allan wrote:...
(I was in a grumpy mood got math test back)
I am almost done catching up To you guys and I hop I'll catch up this Firday PA DAY YAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hannahlee wrote:...mixing citrus and dairy products = a terrible mess...

LOL ya, that was funny episode Izak, I really wonder now what Abraham did to recover from that situation...

Allan, grumpy after math test?? ya.. I got 46%.. Somebody in my class cried (HAHAHAHAAHAHA) and ya...
also, i don't have PA day.. Sad

What happens when you mix the two? Like actually, not just "a terrible mess" i want to know details plz~ lol

I learned from this Chapter a little something about sacrifice. I thought this was a very good allusion for times when you must make a sacrifice despite the degree of it. However, when this time comes, God will definitely help you to steer away from actually having to make this big sacrifice, so always listen to him until the very last moment. I hope I'll be ready though when the time comes for ME to have to make a sacrifice this big... I hope I"ll be ready for it and that I'll still be with God no matter what the sacrifice requires or the outcome of it.
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Post  dennis Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:40 pm

Cathy, stop pretending like you hate me.
I know I'm irresistable...... haha... ha....
Okay, sorry.

Anyhoo,
Genesis 22

This chapter always gets me questiong my own faith. If God asked me to end the life of someone that I truly love, like a family member for a close friend, would I obey Him? I still don't know the answer to that. However, Abraham was someone who had 100% faith in God, and said, "Here I am" when God looked for him; Abraham was completely devoted to God.

So I wonder, how can we increase our trust in God? Can we do it by reading the Bible, by praying, or by praising? I think the answer to this question is counting the blessings we already have. Everything in our lives is a miracle; God provides us with family and friends whom love us. Isn't that a miracle that we often forget to notice? If we reflect on our lives, we can see all the ways in which God has moved in them. Hopefully, this will increase our faith even a little bit, so that we can strive to become like Abraham.
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum