Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Genesis 9!

+3
hannahlee
Isaac
Roh
7 posters

Go down

Genesis 9! Empty Genesis 9!

Post  Roh Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:44 pm

Genesis 9!

Interesting observation I have from this chapter:

"This is the sign of the covenant I have established between me and all life on the earth."

Noah, to me, seems like a "second Adam". The Earth has pretty much restarted and God chose Noah and his family to repopulate the earth. By then, Noah must have been so stressed. First, all his friends and relatives and other strangers had to die right in front of him, he had to go through all the mockery (involved with the ark-building), had to do so much more work for God, etc. Now, God is giving him the responsibility to re-populate the earth. Some heavy shoulders, he had.

God seems to be excited about this new life that the Earth was going to have. He emphasizes that all his new covenants with Noah are between God and ALL life on the earth, not just Noah. It seems like God wanted people to know that Noah wasn't the only important one here. The important thing is that God is talking to everyone, so that people may know how important this renewal of the earth is.

Not much else I got out of this...but excited about this new beginning! It's like reading a whole new book.

Roh
Roh
Roh
Admin

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://milal.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Genesis 9! Empty Re: Genesis 9!

Post  Isaac Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:16 pm

hey guys... long day and have to get back to studying after work... my brain is going to implode....

Gen 9:
Go leaves us his signature in the sky. At least we know ONE way were not all going to die.
Noah got drunk of the grapes because they were old and turned into wine right? so this was the first form of alcohol? As a record it was by accident i believe....
950 year old man naked. Thats gross.... beyond gross....

okay guys im pretty pooped... but back to studying! Time management right Roh? yee
See all your faces tomorrow... possibly... but i guess not those who are coming to sams shin-dig.
E-Sak OUT!
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahlee Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:25 pm

My long weekend has unofficially officially started. Whoowhoo.

Genesis 9

I didn't get too much from today's passage to be perfectly honest..however, I did enjoy v.21 and onwards, where God talks about how He's set the rainbows as a sign of His covenant with man. That's a bit of a big deal. I like it a lot when Sam challenges to think of that one little miracle where you witnessed God within your week, and even something like witnessing a rainbow...you forget where it comes from and what it stands for, beyond the fact that they're gorgeous and an 'optical phenomenon'. Anyways, beyond having me on the lookout for the next rainbow that comes my way and appreciating it in a different way (hopefully not soon, bc that would have to imply rainy weather..haha), I wanna keep challenging myself to look for God's hand working in even the smallest of things in my life.

SEE YOU GUYS TOMORROW Smile

- H
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Genesis 9! Empty Ok

Post  JacobPk Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:27 pm

I'm excited for tomorrow Smile
THAT IS ALL.

Anyway i didn't get much fomr this chapter. Except the rainbow must;ve been Pretty sick. Like Hannah mentioned in her Devo, i too, learned that God does such miracles that we don't even notice. When we see something marvelous, beautiful, good, we never stop and think to ourselves" I Know God did this for me." I think we should all learn that God has his way in every one of us, and does such little miracles we acknowledge. Hearing taht itself, i think i can become more humble. Just like God does things behind the scenes, i have learned to become more patient and expect nothing in return when i do something good. Sorry my grammar is terrible, i can't think.
Anyway question, What was so bad about seeing Noah naked?
Like what if its an accident?
Example : You walk in your room and your brother is just klying there naked?
That's nto yoru fault is it? Unless, he saw him naked and then examined him maybe?
ew.

Cheers!
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:32 pm

its context Jacob. I asked sam before and I think he said something about it being bad back then seeing naked
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:52 am

hey guys
doesn't verses 24~end kinda contradict against god's views at the beginning when he made Adam and Eve?
I mean they were naked and saw each other naked and lived naked, and naked... ya...
Now... Ham (ham.. haha.. if u spell my name like Ha Michael it's like Ha M. yaa! I'm Ham guys!) sees his dad naked and gets hell for it... like Jacob said it could've been by accident.. but I admit Ham didn't have to tell his brothers, he cud've easily covered up the "mess" by himself. I guess it's bad that he gossiped... Even still, so harsh.. >_>
g'night guys
see ye tmr!
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:21 am

lol YAYYY they're off the boat!
So this is kinda like the world starting all over again, God gives us the animals and plants for food. (SWEET) But then he talks about accounting for lifeblood. He says that we must be accountable for the lives of other people. Then he says,
6 "Whoever sheds the blood of man,
by man shall his blood be shed;
for in the image of God
has God made man.
And I'm not gonna lie, Im really confused. This is basically saying that if you kill someone, than others should kill you back, becuase we are made in God's image? Is it just me or is this really contradictory to everything our faith stands for? I guess if you look at it in a very Old-Testament sorta way, God is trying to make sure taht there is consequence for sin and make sure that the world doesnt end up stupid and corrupted like it did before. But still, I dont quite feel comfortable with this command.
But then God makes a covenant with us, which i've been talking about for like days in my devos and its finally here! God promises life that he'll never flood the earth again, and that everytime he sees a rainbow, he will be remided of this promise. This is the first covenant to come up in the bible, and I think that its a great way that helps us remmber how God not only keeps his word, but makes promises that binds us to him and makes our relationship with him that much greater by making commitments like this Smile

PS i dont understand why NOah freaked out about the whole naked thing. Firstly, it was your fault that you got smashed and slept naked, and your son just told his brothers, and it actually did good, becuase since he told, he was covered... haha
see you all tmrw Smile cant wait
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  dennis Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:35 pm

Sorry for the lateness...

Genesis 9

In this chapter, God makes a covenant with Noah, and says that the rainbow will remind Him of the covenant he made with Noah- that God will never cut life off by the waters of a flood. It's awesome how God is determined to keep His promise. According to wikipedia.org, a covenant is a solemn contract, oath or bond. How often do we make empty promises? I make them all the time; I tell my friends I'll have dinner with them, but ditch it to do something more "important." I feel that promises can't be made without our thinking about them, and being sure to keep them.

More than with friends and family, I hope that we can make promises with God that we'll keep. We've all, by being on the praise team, made convenants with God that we will lead other people in worshipping Him. Let's not forget this and do our best.

Ciao
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down