Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Psalm 64 May 29th

+4
James
Esther
Pa Ta Rick
Kevin
8 posters

Go down

Psalm 64 May 29th Empty Psalm 64 May 29th

Post  Kevin Mon May 28, 2012 11:54 pm

Keep up homies
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Psalm 64 May 29th Empty Re: Psalm 64 May 29th

Post  Pa Ta Rick Tue May 29, 2012 1:21 am

A verse that really stood out to me was verse 3
"Who whet their tongue like a sword, and bend their bows to shoot their arrows, even bitter words."
I reflected on this verse and remembered that from somewhere i learned that words are more damaging that wepons and physical pain because with words you can never heal the the scar that harmful words has left on you, but physical pain can be healed over time and with medication.
Also verse 4
"That they may shoot in secret at the perfect: suddenly do they shoot at him, and fear not"
This verse can reflect every person. Everybody has once in their life said something bad about another person. Even though the other person cannot hear what we have said about them, it is not right to do so. It is the same thing as saying it in their face.
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Tue May 29, 2012 3:11 am

4 They shoot from ambush at the innocent,
attacking suddenly and fearlessly.

See, the thing is, we can never be 100% ready for someone to question our faith, our religion or even, the reasons why we do what we do.
It says in this verse, that they ambush the innocent. In other words, it doesn't matter how good or bad you are, it's going to happen.
All we can do is grow in our faith and learn to stay strong against the 'ambush'.
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Tue May 29, 2012 3:27 pm

7 But God himself will shoot them with his arrows,
suddenly striking them down.8 Their own tongues will ruin them,
and all who see them will shake their heads in scorn.9 Then everyone will be afraid;
they will proclaim the mighty acts of God
and realize all the amazing things he does.

What i interpreted from this passage was that it's only when god decides to show his wrath, do people acknowledge him
He was acknowledged by certain people only when they were afraid
That does happen to us at times too, we should acknolwedge god mostly for the GOOD that he does but at the same time, fear and acknowledge him.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  James Tue May 29, 2012 5:47 pm

8: He will turn their own tongues against them and bring them to ruin;
all will see them will shake their heads in scorn.

This kind of reminds me of the Tower of Babel, where God confused them as they spoke different languages.
However, God will make sure those that are wicked are punished and the blessed are rewarded.
Although it sickens me how bad things happen to good people and vice versa,
God has plans for everyone.
Whoever lives by the sword, dies by the sword.
I keep reminding myself, let God take care of those that are wicked and evil...
Who are we to judge? We are the furthest thing away from Him.
God and only God may judge the damned.
That being said, may we live a life with complete faith in the Lord, our Father.
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine Kim Tue May 29, 2012 7:47 pm

20: Praise be to God, who has not rejected my prayer or withheld his love from me!
this whole chapter was talking about similar things mentioned in previous chapters but also talked about praise which i found quite easy to connect to.
we dont always acknowledge God's presence but even still he always accepts our prayers even after we had neglected him. he continues to love us and bless us every day! what would this world be like if God didn't love us? would we be even living? i can only imagine a dark world filled with wars and shallow people. give thanks to God for watching over us even those that have not yet found who Christ is.
we can give praise in many different ways. like my mom always turns on praise songs in the car, making sure that God is on her mind even when she is driving. even if we are not on for the week, we can act like the congregation whom we lead praise for. let the lyrics sink in and welcome the presence on God.
Christine Kim
Christine Kim
minion

Number of posts : 186

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Oh Tue May 29, 2012 7:56 pm

6 They plot injustice and say, "We have devised a perfect plan!" Surely the mind and heart of man are cunning."

I find the human race so weird. We all started out as innocent and pure souls, that God had created, yet we somehow find a way to corrupt our minds, hearts, and souls. If we were all made by the Lord, then why do so many people turn away from their creator?
Like it says in the verse, many people plan to create havoc and do evil sins that God is very opposed to! And the worst thing is, they don't feel bad, after they do this and they dont ask to be forgiven. Luckily, us Christians have some resistance, and we know that we can be redeemed, as long as we ask God.

Sarah Oh
Sarah Oh
minion

Number of posts : 251

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Wed May 30, 2012 12:24 am

Starting from today right? cause the email said 29th

Just came back from athletic banquet, so boring... ha

7 But God will shoot them with his arrows;
they will suddenly be struck down.

This chapter is basically telling us that those who plan to plot against God, and our Christ, shall be punished. God is watching everyone and what they do, he knows who sins and works against Him. If you plot against God, he will punish you.
For those who are faithful and holy to God, and bring the utmost glory upon God, will rejoice and take refuge in him!
Praise God and always stay humble, faithful, and true to God because only good will come upon you.

Gnight
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Wed May 30, 2012 1:06 am

heh yoyoma tomorrow Very Happy

9-10 Everyone sees it. God's work is the talk of the town. Be glad, good people! Fly to God! Good-hearted people, make praise your habit.

Once again, I'm reading from the Message version as it always gives a somewhat different interpretation of the same passages. I thought this was a heavy hitting Psalm because in some ways it is a warning, but from the chapter the last couple verses stuck out. Especially the words "make praise your habit." Like the verse says, God's work always shows, even if in mysterious ways, and it really has an impact on our lives. So as much as he can make our lives work, making praise a habit would be a great thing. So not just praising at practice and on sundays, or even just at good times in our lives, but making praise a part of life. To live and breathe it while going through our daily lives, and I think that's an important thing to do.

Night guys
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down