Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Psalm 65 May 31

+4
James
jaake kwon
Kevin
jennifer
8 posters

Go down

Psalm 65 May 31 Empty Psalm 65 May 31

Post  jennifer Thu May 31, 2012 7:36 pm

B
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Psalm 65 May 31 Empty Re: Psalm 65 May 31

Post  jennifer Thu May 31, 2012 7:41 pm

5 You faithfully answer our prayers with awesome deeds,
I think that we all have to remember that when we pray, it's not just that you pray and it's done with. Yeni reminded us the other week to pray until something happens! Push! Also, to look out for signs from god that he is actually looking out for you and creating miracles. Without this, we will inevitably slowly loose faith because we simply do not see god tangibly in our lives. I found this week that ive been trying to look out for god and really do notice small miracles always happening around me . This is really inspiring and honestly makes the world feel kinda magical. I know it sounds like I'm being childish, but it really is! Anyways that's all I have to say today! Byebye Smile
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Thu May 31, 2012 9:46 pm

PLEASE READ

PLEASE READ

GUYS THIS IS PSALM 66.
I made a typo for the previous topic.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Psalm 65 May 31 Empty Psalm 56

Post  jaake kwon Thu May 31, 2012 10:21 pm

1 Shout for joy to God, all the earth!
5 Come and see what God has done,
his awesome deeds for mankind!
20 Praise be to God,
who has not rejected my prayer
or withheld his love from me!

firstly, sorry guys. missed out on alot of D-Time. Got sick and started missing alot of stuff...gettin back on track.
--------------------------------------------
the chapter today was pretty flamboyant. out of Psalm, where a big fraction of the book is depressive, this one stands out big. I think it's just reminding us; praising God has ups AND downs. just because we should always repent for our sins, doesn't mean we don't have time to ever praise God, going all out, spreading the word, the feelings and stuff. it's funny cuz i usually only feel like this when I play with you guys up there for the congregation. the whole thing with "the church is God, and it holds the congregation" thing makes us instinctively think we shouldn't be like that anywhere else.

to put things into perspective, we should walk around like we are with the congregation. and it wouldn't be that hard, cuz it ain't hard to find your local brother/sister in Christ everywhere you go.
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  James Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:09 am

10: For you, O God, tested us;
you refined us like silver.

Our creator, our Father made us fully functional. I just wake up every morning,
just questioning on how we're made so perfect. Our bodies can withstand so much pain,
yet our emotions are where we are most vulnerable.
We stay open-hearted for Christ, Jesus, in order to accept Him.
It amazes me, each and everyday, on how perfect we're made.
It just builds onto my faith, I just know God is there when I am reminded on how 'refined' we really are.

James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:22 am

8-12 He trained us first, passed us like silver through refining fires, Brought us into hardscrabble country, pushed us to our very limit, Road-tested us inside and out, took us to hell and back; Finally he brought us to this well-watered place.

These verses stuck out a lot to me because it reminds me that any troubles or hardships that may occur in my life are just challenges and tests. "Refining fires" was a really powerful metaphor for the tests he puts us through, but like the verse says, in the end he'll provide for us. But by doing this, he also makes us stronger. Metal is forged through fire and likewise, trials will make us better and stronger people, equipped to handle coming ones as well. All in all, this verse really reminded me that even if life may be hard at times, it's all for a greater purpose that God is leading me to.
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:41 am

verse 10-11
"For thou, O God, hast proved us: thou hast tried us, as silver is tried. 11 Thou brugtest us into the net; thou laidst affliction upon our loins."

what i understood from this is that God, is guiding us through everything. He wants us to beleive in him but gave us the choice, the free will to choice what we want. God has given us the freedom to believe in anything but he is still guiding us towards the right path. This proves that God didnt give us freedom for the reason that he didnt really care what happened, but he gave us freedom so that we, as an individual can choose weather or not God is our God.
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:00 am

hey guys!
How awesome is our God.
Who always aswers our prayers and because He is constantly watching over us. If he does not answer, that means our life is being led the way he wants it to.
We should rejoice everyday and show it by doing praise. He gave us life, we should cherish it and use it to honour HIS name.
God has always been there for us and will always be even at hard times.
overall, he is our life, and we should live it to the fullest!

Gnight1
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:05 am

12 You let men ride over our heads;
we went through fire and water,
but you brought us to a place of abundance.

Hmm, "let" feels like it's emphasized to me.
It's so easy to blame God. Whenever I don't know what to blame, I tend to blame God.
Just because at times, it feels like he's someone that I can fall back on.
He doesn't CAUSE anything bad to happen, he allows it, but just like a couple of previous verses said,
God tests us, and refines us like silver.
I like that, that we are tested by him, only to become stronger, to become more refined.

Yeee goodnight
PLEASE KEEP UP WITH DEVOS.
To those who are, great job
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Oh Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:13 am

Hi everyone!
Sorry for the late reply!
7 He rules forever by his power, his eyes watch the nations- let not the rebellious rise up against him.
I think this verse kind of reminds us that God is always watching us. We can't hide anything from him, no matter what we do.
And also that, the Lord's power is never ending. No one, not even the "[R]ebellious [can] rise up against him."
G'night! Smile
-Sarah Wink
Sarah Oh
Sarah Oh
minion

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down