Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Psalm 82

+3
josephpaik
Sarah Oh
Christine Kim
7 posters

Go down

Psalm 82 Empty Psalm 82

Post  Christine Kim Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:43 pm

June 22
Christine Kim
Christine Kim
minion

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Psalm 82 Empty Re: Psalm 82

Post  Christine Kim Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:52 pm

4 Rescue the weak and needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked. 5 "They know nothing, they understand nothing. They walk about in darkness; all the foundations of the earth are shaken.
the two verses that i shared are talking about how there are people that are lost without God even if they do not know it. those that are on the "dark side" do not realize it because they are clueless and do not know anything about God or they choose to ignore him. how would we be all living if we didn't believe in our God? the world would not have those great people that are well known to have made a difference to the world because of their faith. everyone would be lost and broken. but God can rescue everyone. start from one single person, and it will be like a snowball or domino effect. that is gow great and powerful God can be. we as Christians also hold the responsibility to help God on this "mission".
Christine Kim
Christine Kim
minion

Number of posts : 186

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Oh Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:18 pm

4 "Rescue the weak and needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked."
I can relate to this verse a lot.
There are so many people that I know, that are different religions or are atheist.
Its hard talking to them about God, especially my atheist friends, because they just call me gullible or ignorant.
It makes me really sad too, knowing that if they never meet God in their life, then they wont be in heaven!
Death is still a long time from now but time goes fast and during that time I should "rescue" them.
That is all!
-Sarah Wink
Sarah Oh
Sarah Oh
minion

Number of posts : 251

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:10 am

i didnt get much from todays!
it was the same concept of what i explained before!
cheers
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:10 am

6 I say, ‘You are gods;
you are all children of the Most High.
7 But you will die like mere mortals
and fall like every other ruler.’”

Just another reminder that we are no better than the others who walk around this earth, not believing in God.
We're ALL children of God. Not just Christians.
Treat everyone as such.

Sorry it's so short. I'm dead tired. See you guys tomorrow.
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:55 am

hehe as of today, I'm done all my exams Very Happy

Not much message in todays reading... Well, nothing specific anyways, but the overall message I guess is still tied in to the readings we've been having this past week. About praising God, or why not to not do it. So that's all good reminder stuff.

Night guys
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.

Back to top Go down

Post  jaake kwon Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:54 am

Iunno..Something about this chapter ticked something out on me..

there are those who are given a wonderful life, and all the time in the world, but they don't really even give a crap about God. i think that's the kinda people the chapter was talking about. sometimes, it's the bible that brings us off the face of the earth, and right back down.

at first, I was wondering, "Shouldn't all be given a chance?", but then you realize; when your life is GOOD, that IS your chance. When we don't appreciate and ACKNOWLEDGE what the God has given to us, we lose practice. And that's where things go wrong. it's kinda like we're little children asking for Christmas gifts again and again, without giving any back. "Mom, get me this." and the following year, "Mom, get me that." "But you already got xyz last week." "But that didn't count." That's pretty much what's happening.

Lesson of the evening; don't COUNT on the second chances. always put your 100% effort to try and put 100%.
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  James Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:07 am

2: How long will you defend the unjust and show partiality to the wicked?

I've honestly thought about this long and hard.
Why do bad things happen to good people?
Why would someone that performs good deeds deserve such hardship?
But.
It isn't up to us, what God gives us is truly a blessing.
Although during times of anger, we may turn away from God, but I always find myself turning back to Him,
with a broken heart.
Our God is a jealous God, he would go through unspeakable measures for us to turn to Him.
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down