Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

psalm 7

+2
Audrey Jong
jaake kwon
6 posters

Go down

psalm 7 Empty psalm 7

Post  jaake kwon Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:23 pm

ok.. i kinda got it i think.
sooo im pretty sure David wrote this knowing that God can be so benevolent, but he can be scarier than Satan by who knows how much.
one question before i start to dig deep in this; who is Cush, the Benjamite??

1 LORD my God, I take refuge in you;
save and deliver me from all who pursue me,
2 or they will tear me apart like a lion
and rip me to pieces with no one to rescue me.

I think we forget that most of the time. God is not only our God, but the one and only. When I go to school, I have all these thoughts going through my head, saying "This happened cuz of this" and sorting out all the reasons and categorizing everything. We slowly forget all about God in the first place. I think this is because of the atmosphere we surround ourselves in. Maybe David didn't intend this message and didn't foresee God's plan for me to interpret this way, but what I got from this part was that "We should have faith in God, and practice our faith 24/7" You know, build our own atmosphere that can always protect us.

and then David continues on to explain the consequences. really scary actually. im reading the NIV version btw.

then after, David begins to glorify God and praise him. I'm starting to lose the flow of this whole thing.

By the end, I think what David was doing was just setting an example. I can't really explain on "what" exactly, but I think the closest word for is morals.
uhmmm yeah. o-o thats my 2 cents to this i guess.
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

psalm 7 Empty Re: psalm 7

Post  Audrey Jong Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:22 pm

Psalm 7 really talks about revenge and all the stuff we've done wrong and God's anger in those who have done wrong and how they will be punished later so we shouldn't commit sin because the committed sin.
Like how it explains in verse 15 and 16: "They dig a deep pit to trap others, then fall into it themselves. The trouble they make for others backfires on them. The violence the plan falls on their own heads."

Have a great looong weekend (For those who have a P.A day on fri.....and/or family day on mon!)
Cool ~Audrey~ Very Happy
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Oh Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:06 pm

Today was such a slow, and boring day :$
1 "O Lord my God, I take refuge in you; save and deliver me from all who pursue me,"
2" or they will rip me to pieces with no one to rescue me."
To take refuge means to take shelter or protect yourself. If yr in a place like that, then you will obviously trust this place and you'll know that it wont ever fail you. Thats how our relationship with God should be like. We should be able to know that he wont ever fail us, or that we can trust God to take care of us no matter what happens.
If we dont have this necissary faith in him we will be vulnerable and this world will "[R]ip me to pieces with no one to protect me"
Goodnight everyone!
-Sarah Smile
Sarah Oh
Sarah Oh
minion

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:33 pm

17 I will thank the LORD because he is just;
I will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.
i liked this verse because it is so true and it connects to all of our lives.
in this verse it says that we will thank the lord because he is just. but this doesnt mean he is just in our eyes, in human eyes. It means God is just in his own way. He is perfect, we are not. He created the world and we didnt. I think it is fair to say that God has the right to know what is just and what is not!
this backs up the point that yeni said before: thank God for EVERYTHING! everything that happens in our lives happens for a reason! if something sad or dissapointing happens, you never know how you will grow from it, and how itll affect you in the long run! no matter how long it takes to get over, God makes things happen in order to mold us into what he wants us to become in the end Smile he knows us best haha
so baassicaallyy what i learned is put your faith in God, praise him for everything happening to us, and go with his flow Smile
KAY WRITING UNI APPS WISH ME LUCK :'(
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:48 am

haha i didn't get much from today's passage, but it was pretty frightening reading it...
some passages seemed really dark and depressing, and reading other verses, it felt like that negative motivation to do good things.
like the difference between a parent saying you'll get a reward for doing well or the same parent threatening a grounding for not doing well... Razz

but anyways i felt inspired by the chapter to stay in line and to stay free of sin
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  James Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:23 am

15: He who digs a hole and scoops it out falls into the pit he has made.

This verse hit me so hard, zoned out for at least 10 minutes trying to figure out what it means.
I feel that it refers to the term, "Live by the sword, die by the sword." For all that is evil in this world, they will be punished exactly they have punished others.
As God believes we should honour his glory by sharing it with others, He makes sure that those with sin "share" the same pain that they have brought. This tells me that taking revenge is the last thing we should ever consider and instead take note of what we do each and everyday.
11: God is a righteous judge, a God who expresses his wrath everyday.
We are nobody to judge others, as we will be judged unfairly if we do judge to others. If we do, God will make sure that we will "share" the shame that we have brought upon others.
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down