Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Psalm 13, Feb 27

5 posters

Go down

Psalm 13, Feb 27 Empty Psalm 13, Feb 27

Post  jennifer Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:39 pm

Smile
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Psalm 13, Feb 27 Empty Re: Psalm 13, Feb 27

Post  jennifer Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:56 pm

5 But I trust in your unfailing love.
this verse stuck out to me because it made me think about God's love. scratch that, his UNFAILING love.
i thought about what this meant, and i realized that this unfailing love is different for each and every one of us billions of people in the world. God knows each of us from the inside out, and he knows what to put you through and make you feel in order for you to grow in him and have a stronger relationship with God. He realizes that he made everyone unique and the definition of unfailing love for every person is unique. This made me think of the huge complexity of God and how much power and wisdom he actually has. I think that makes me feel really comforted in being able to put my faith into this huge guy with all of the knowledge in the world! it makes it a bit easier to come to him with my problems, and makes my problems feel minuscule. If we have this huge God behind us everystep of the way, we should have no fear, and do everything to pay him back Very Happy
yaaay haha
hope you guys had a great monday!
Smile
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine Kim Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:21 pm

hey guys, sorry for being absent on the forum for a long time. last week i had to practice for the recital with every spare time i had.
5 But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation.
God loves us so much to the point that he gave his only son to die on the cross for our sins. we trust in God to help us and guide us through our Christian walk, and he is always there even when we start to doubt him and get angry at him. we owe him so much but we cant give back for every single miracle he has performed so we worship him and continue to learn more about him. we trust in him for always being there. if he wasnt, how would we be able to move on in life? how will we be able to make choices without God's guidance? our life would be so different if it werent for our relationship with God.
hold on there guys! march break is just around the corner! next friday to be exact...well at least for york region. bye! Smile
Christine Kim
Christine Kim
minion

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Audrey Jong Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:37 pm

I find that this chapter overlaps a bit with the sermon Dan had this sunday.
This really talks about how we complain about many things to God. Because like how Dan explained before, God might be giving these hardships to us to prepare us for later and help us grow in faith.
In verse 5 and 6, it says: "But I trust in your unfailing love, my heart rejoices in your salvation. I will sing to the Lord, for he has been good to me." I think this is the type of attitude we have trouble having when we're going through hard times but is easier when things are going smoothly.

I better get some rest for tomorow......I have semi-finals for volleyball tomorow!!!
Very Happy ~Audrey~ Cool
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Psalm 13, Feb 27 Empty psalm 13

Post  jaake kwon Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:13 pm

dont you guys just feel like having a praise team retreat??? OvO School can be so religiously depressing sometimes =w=

ok soooo:
3 Look on me and answer, LORD my God.
Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death,

5 But I trust in your unfailing love;
my heart rejoices in your salvation.
6 I will sing the LORD’s praise,
for he has been good to me.

i know i skipped 4, and thats cuz 4 really didnt mesh with me, and i started mixing up bad emotions Razz
annnyyyywwayyyy, the three verses i chose kinda meshed together better i think.
so then verse 3 was somewhat of an intro to 5 and 6 i guess;
"Help me, cuz I can't live without you" basically.
and then it proceeds to --->
"I'll have faith in you and praise you. Besides, you have already done so much for me."
annndd I guess the 2nd part is kinda just explaining how we're always indebt to Him,
and whatever good we do, it's us REPAYING the favor, rather than doing more than we're asked to do.
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:15 pm

I apologize for being absent here for quite a bit
I've been swamped with work

1 O LORD, how long will you forget me? Forever?
How long will you look the other way

I realized this was quite similar to Sunday's sermon. The man here is doubting God and asking why he has forsaken him. Just as the disciples had doubted Jesus during times where they thought they were going to die. Yesterday however, was a strong reminder that God is ALWAYS there.

ye
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down