Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Psalm 78

+6
Esther
DunNo
Sarah Oh
Christine Kim
jaake kwon
jennifer
10 posters

Go down

Psalm 78 Empty Psalm 78

Post  jennifer Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:43 pm

HAHA
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Psalm 78 Empty Re: Psalm 78

Post  jennifer Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:54 pm

I think this chapter really shows how stupid and shameful people are and all of the things they do ignorantly, hurting god. It also showed gods patience and anger. I think this chapter taught me to truly fear god. God is merciful, but if you test him knowingly, you should be terrified. God has all the power in the world and we are just like tiny pieces of dust to him. Dust that he cares about! So I think we should always keep this in mind in our day to day lives and do what we think god wants us to do, and never ever sin, thinking that hell forgive us in the end!
Bye guys! Smile
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  jaake kwon Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:03 pm

4 We will not hide them from their descendants;
we will tell the next generation
the praiseworthy deeds of the Lord,
his power, and the wonders he has done.
------------------------------------------------------
thinking back on the bible, there were some books that were not included in the full published product. one can only ask why, and think how could the books have changed our lifestyle in such a way, it could jeopardize the status of the bible? was there stuff in the books that would have tainted the bible and changed other people's view of God? were the books "acceptable" but probable to change our perspective on God? This is the problem we face as Christians every day;

most of us can't take the fact that our faith is based on something more fragile than we perceive. the bible is like a court record recorded of the "unguilty witnesses", but that doesn't rest the fact that the other side didn't lie too. God had the power to see in the future, and this just goes to show, he DID HAVE a plan.

We as humans can only be stunned, and take it as is.
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine Kim Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:46 pm

yay my grad trip is tomorrow and grad the day after!
well todays chapter was longer than most but i was really able to understand the message clearly. i also thought that the fourth verse stood out: We will not hide from their children; we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the Lord, his power, and the wonders he has done. this chapter talked about God's deeds and miracles in a pretty scary way in my opinion. God is superior of all and he is to be feared by all of us. God can do so many things that some humans cannot even picture. because we love and fear God, we are able to pass on our faith in God and the multiple stories of him to younger generations to keep the love and fear within us. we cannot hide anything about God and everyone hears things about God whether they are Hindu or Buddhist. they know his existence through us but needs the faith that we have.
oh i was wondering about practice this week cuz wonder jam is cancelled and james and patrick are getting baptised and confirmed soo if anyone knew could you please tell me? thanks!
Christine Kim
Christine Kim
minion

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Oh Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:59 pm

Hi everyone.
8 "They would not be like their forefathers- a stubborn and rebellious generation, whose hearts were not loyal to God, whose spirits were not faithful to him."
I don't know about you guys, but sometimes my parents tell me that I have to become a better person then them. Financially, Religiously, etc.
Especially Religiously. Im not saying my parents are bad people and that they dont trust God, but when i think about it, my parents havent done anything huge that shows God how much they are devoted to Christ. They volunteer at church as much as possible, and do all the typical things a good Christian is supposed to do , but is that enough? I hear so many cool stories of other people doing missions in many different countries, or becoming pastors and it makes me wonder, what have my parents done that shows their faithfulness to the Lord? I dont know this is just my thoughts...
bye.
-Sarah
Sarah Oh
Sarah Oh
minion

Number of posts : 251

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:58 am

its the worst feeling to accidentally exit the tab in the midst of your devo

21-31 When God heard that, he was furious— his anger flared against Jacob, he lost his temper with Israel. It was clear they didn't believe God, had no intention of trusting in his help. But God helped them anyway, commanded the clouds and gave orders that opened the gates of heaven. He rained down showers of manna to eat, he gave them the Bread of Heaven. They ate the bread of the mighty angels; he sent them all the food they could eat.

this passage really stuck out to me because it depicts that even when people strayed from God, God still always provided for them. In the same way, even today, I know that sometimes, I may act like there is no God, ignore or even go against his commands, but even then I am amazed that his love is powerful enough to go beyond that. That he loves me despite the fact that I am going against him. These verses remind me that God is truly an amazing and providing God.

and thats all i got for tonight
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:20 am

Can't get anything right now.

Goodnight.
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:22 am

Didn't find a specific verse, because there were many similar ones,
But the main point that I understood from this passage was All these miracles were done for the people at this time.
IT was right in front of them, yet they continued to turn from god.
Although it is not visually evident in our lives, we know God saved us.
We know he performed the ultimate sacrifice and miracle for us
and we turn away as well
We're not better than those people who are mentioned in this passage
We all fell short of the glory of god
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  James Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:05 am

sorry, studying for exams Razz
time for a good break.

47: He destroyed their vines with hail and their sycamore-figs with sleet.
This verse, one of many, really stood out to me.
Really just told me that God sets everything, makes sure we don't depend on anything else or anyone else but Him.
I thought of Pastor Dan when he was excited to have a baby, but he didn't truly realize what he needed to honour.
After he had done so, Rebecca was pregnant with his daughter.
What an amazing story, and how amazing is our God?
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:29 am

What got from the chapter was that, when we give it all t Godand accept him and just give up everything for him, new doors will open and wewill be glorified greatly. All the chapter says are the examples,
i hate exam...
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.

Back to top Go down

Post  Audrey Jong Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:23 pm

Sorry I haven't been posting this week....I had this big project that I had to finish with a very little time limit.

Compared to the other chapters in Psalm, this chapter was long......
I don't have a verse to share with you guys because I think the whole chapter means something. This chapter makes me think about how selfish and stuborn we are sometimes. God wants us to do things that we may not really want to do and yet we keep on complaining. I know that God knows what is best for us. But sometimes we doubt but that is how humans are though.

~Audrey~
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down