Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Psalm 49

3 posters

Go down

Psalm 49 Empty Psalm 49

Post  jaake kwon Tue May 01, 2012 11:17 pm

woaaah. this thing is really scary.
so.
If you look at the second parable, David take God to a whole new level.
He looks at it at a way that all he does is live for God.
"What if I go through suffering and pain on earth? I'll always be doing it for God, and defend his name."

I mean, we shouldn't hope to get hurt from supporting God, but
we should back it up and always have the concept of paying back to God.
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Psalm 49 Empty Re: Psalm 49

Post  Pa Ta Rick Tue May 01, 2012 11:32 pm

What i got from this is that those who put other things before God will not be accepted by God and will have some harsh punishment when their time has come. in this chapter it provides a example of how the shepard would bury the sheep but death would feed on the grave. without God redeeming our souls from the power of the grave, we will suffer even after we die.
Another thing that really stood out to me was verse 17. For when he dieth he shall carry nothing away: his glory shall not decent after him. This is something i always knew but still dont really act upon it. I know that when i die nothing i have on earth will go with me. But sometimes i would put others thigns before God because it would either make my life easier or is something of joy to me.
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  James Wed May 02, 2012 12:14 am

Last weekend I went to YRPC and missed wednesday, thursday, and friday at school.
To be honest, it was life changing and I definitely recommend those in York Region to go.

20: A man who has riches without understanding is like the beasts that perish.

The things in life that don't satisfy God have no meaning to Him. As sad as this sounds, we must do God's bidding to receive a seat at the great white throne. We will be rewarded, as we are already saved. Just as long Christ lives in us. Listen to the orders that our Father has given us and live a life humbly to Him.
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down