Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Psalm 73

+5
DunNo
James
jennifer
jaake kwon
Christine Kim
9 posters

Go down

Psalm 73 Empty Psalm 73

Post  Christine Kim Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:04 pm

June 11
Christine Kim
Christine Kim
minion

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Psalm 73 Empty Re: Psalm 73

Post  Christine Kim Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:12 pm

hey guys for missing out for the whole last week. school is drawing to an end on the 18th for me because i have my grad trip on the 19 and grad on the 20, so tests and assignments are getting all crammed in... Sad
ok! i found todays chapter very interesting and dont have a specific verse to share. this chapter went from talking about the wicked and how they view God differently than us but David is saying that we are no different from the wicked and come to realize what distorted our God view. Pastor Daniel had talked about peoples God view so i was able to connect to that through todays chapter. sometimes our God view can be completely off and we misjudge God. we like to think that we are doing the right thing, but in the end we look back and see why God didnt appreciate what we had done and what we should gave done instead.
we are the children of God and forever in debt to him. we shall continue to serve him through the bad and the good times.
Christine Kim
Christine Kim
minion

Number of posts : 186

Back to top Go down

Post  jaake kwon Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:12 pm

2 But as for me, my feet had almost slipped;
I had nearly lost my foothold.
3 For I envied the arrogant
when I saw the prosperity of the wicked.
deep stuff right there. i think we can all connect to this verse. the fact that the person whoever wrote this had the guts to actually write it on the Bible of all things....says alot. the most important part of these two verses, are the fact they are said in past tense. it`s nothing like dismissing the issue as some kind of phase, but it still means that we all have similar obstacles in our walk with God. and that the road isn`t going to be pretty when we take our eyes off of God. BUT, it's always nice to have a broad perspective. and it is ALWAYS better to OVERCOME an obstacle, than to AVOID it.

just a little wake up call.
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:35 am

Hey guys! I think this chapter was really relevant to me. It was all about David asking god questions of why different things are happening and whatnot, and how god showed him the answer and revealed to him what his real plan is. I think ts relevant to me because as a logically thinking person, I tend to have a lot of questions about this faith and everything ! But this chapter spoke to me and I know now that it's okay to have questions, because we are human, but when we do, we should go with them to god. Because he will show us the truth and the only way e actually will know the truth is through god! So yeah it was encouraging. Also it reminded me that I shouldn't dwell on earthly things. I watched a video about a guy who died and came back and actually experienced errrtthang and I was like woah and it opened my eyes and made everything feel so petty in comparison to the huge lord. AlSo! This reminded me that I can come to the lord with anything at all and he has the power to change everything in an instant because he is the king of everything !! Anywho! Gotsed to study Sad Buhbye!
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  James Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:55 am

I'm having a tough start :/
Lots and lots of programming, pre-exam week is really tough, and exam week is will be only more harder.
I really need God's help, no way I can encounter my studies alone.
This passage really helped me overcome my day, and it allowed me to say that today was an awesome day.
What he gives us, we're so undeserving.

26: My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart
and my portion forever.

Although our physical bodies may fail, may our souls be rich in the Lord's name.
Our bodies are a white shirt and each and every sin is blood.
As blood stains, only cold water and detergent can remove it.
I know it sounds silly, but Jesus is the detergent and only though Him the washing machine will be effective.
Whether we like it or not, God will be with us, always close to our hearts.
Just like the covenant that Jesus has made with his blood and body.
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:10 am

man i'm tired... just got back from music banquet

I was totally ignorant, a dumb ox in your very presence. I'm still in your presence, but you've taken my hand. You wisely and tenderly lead me, and then you bless me.

Those verses (21-24) really reminded me how great God's grace is and how even though we shouldn't be worth anything to him, he still loves and cares for us. Like the verse says, it's easy to be ignorant (be the dumb ox) but even then, He blesses us and leads us to where we should be and that just amazes me. It's always refreshing to read a verse like this that reiterates the grace that God gives to us.

And thats all for tonight.
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:13 am

2 But as for me, I almost lost my footing.
My feet were slipping, and I was almost gone.

This verse really 'stuck out to me'.
I don't know about you guys but I'm on a sort of spiritual rollercoaster right now and at times, I find myself wondering the same things that are written about in this chapter.
But it's comforting to know that something so relatable can be found in the bible, especially because nowadays it's harder to connect with the 'farmers', 'shepards', 'kings', etcetc that are in the bible.
Perfect chapter to start off my week!
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:28 am

What this verse meant to me was that even during hard times, God is always with us and we shouldnt forget about that. This champter is about King David how he is staying with God Even tho he is strugglig AOT.
verse 23
:Nevertheless I Am continually with thee"
i find that we ONLY turn to God when we are struggling but i think that we should turn to God everyday all the time and not just when we are sturggling.

SOOOO TIRED 7 hours progamming straight soooo beat....
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:45 am

3 For I envied the arrogant
when I saw the prosperity of the wicked.

4 They have no struggles;
their bodies are healthy and strong.

5 They are free from the burdens common to man;
they are not plagued by human ills.

I'm sure we all can relate to this. I know I can
I always feel envious to those who have everything yet they are considered "wicked"
Why is it that those wicked have it easy while we're living through more difficulties than they are
Those difficulties in our lives are tests to raise our perseverance
it's a good thang! aint no thang but a chicken wang

kk good night
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Audrey Jong Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:33 pm

I found that Psalm 73 stood out to a lot of people. There was no particular part that stood out to me. I think that the entire chapter was meaningful.
I've thought this and asked myself many times like how this chapter does. God never said that following the right path would be easy. There are so many obstacles to overcome. Sometimes, it's hard to get back up and I think that's what this chapter is all about. The feelings that believers can relate to. I sometimes feel distant from God and feel as if the situation is getting worse.
I think that my thoughts when feeling distant from god are very similar to verse 13-14:
"Did I keep my heart pure for nothing? Did I keep myself innocent for no reason? I get nothing but trouble all day long; every morning brings me pain."

I just finished two tests today at school.....got another one tomorow -_______-
Well, I guess I better study!
Very Happy ~Audrey~ Cool
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content