Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Psalm 3 Feb 9

+3
Audrey Jong
James
Kevin
7 posters

Go down

Psalm 3 Feb 9 Empty Psalm 3 Feb 9

Post  Kevin Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:27 pm

s
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Psalm 3 Feb 9 Empty Re: Psalm 3 Feb 9

Post  James Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:35 pm

Two hour nap... slept like a baby.

2: Many are saying of me, "God will not deliver him." But you are a shield around me, O LORD; you bestow glory on me and lift up my head.

It seems David had such strong faith in the God, almost makes me guilty of my own. When I devoted my life to Christ, I thought that you would have to change your character and have a whole different outlook of yourself. But I soon realized that He'd work his way into our hearts if we just open up to him and He'd change us. From that day forward, he has watched over my shoulder like a hawk, making sure that everything goes right.
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Audrey Jong Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:27 am

Just got my tests back for french.....I did quite well.....won't get my report card back until i think next week.....

Anyways, Psalm 3 reminds me of the story of Gideon(if that's how you spell it....) It talks about how we may have people against us or Christ but how no matter how bad it gets, God is our sheild and he will always answer us whenever we call out to him. During the bad times, and the good times. That's why this verse gave me strength: "But you, O Lord, are a shield arround me; you are my glory, the one who holds my head up high. I cried out to the Lord, and he answered me from his holy mountain."

I guess i'll see everyone who's comming to gym night tomorow!
Very Happy ~Audrey~ Cool
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:29 am

Sorry for not doing devos for a while guys...

1 LORD, how many are my foes!
How many rise up against me!
We dont know who our friends and enemies are... the only one who we can truly trust, is God. He is our everything. Our shield to protect us when we are in danger, our motivation to keep our heads lifted high. He is the reason we wake up every morning because he sustains us. Why should we be afraid? God is our protector and we shouldnt even be scared up against an army of 10000. With God, there is peace and safety because he breaks those who are wicked and evil. Our LORD is the deliverance and we will all be blessed with Gods presence.

Razz
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:53 am

from this passage what i saw was that this person doesnt care that he has tenn thousand enemies all around him, as long as he has God. This is the mind set i thinnk that we are all striving for! having God as the only thing we need in this world, and having the faitht that he willl bring you through and keep you safe! OMGOMG my picture on fb <3 lav hahah
it also shows that God has a power stronger than ten thousand men and will keep us safe no matter what Smile
everybody feels the need to have 13984t5874q3262934823095846 people backing them up to feel safe, when in reality, we only need one! our God Very Happy yaaaay
hahah
i think this passage was heart warming Smile
night guys! sorry for the short post!
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:23 am

Hey guys sorry about not Posting for awhile. I'm crammed with schI'll these days believe it or not.

So I didn't get a specific verse but the whole chapter stood out to me. David is asking for god's help. Especially now, I need god's help because of uni acceptance and stuff. I know this is really short and all but I need to strive to be like David and count on god for this one and give it my best
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:32 am

3 But you, O LORD, are a shield around me;
you are my glory, the one who holds my head high.

I don't know how often we all remember this
But our God TRULY is the one that holds our heads high
Personally, I've gone through times where it got rough but I always found God keeping my chin up
God really deserves all the glory in the hightest
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:15 am

"To the Lord i cry aloud and he answers me from his holy hill. I wake again because the Lord sustains me"
Stood out alot and what i got from this was that God will always answer to our prayer but we dont know when he will. It may take a week may takes years. In my personal experiences ive had prayers answered in a long time and back than i thought that i wasnt getting heard but now that i think about God is always listening to us and always protecting us.
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down