Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Psalm 50

3 posters

Go down

Psalm 50 Empty Psalm 50

Post  jaake kwon Mon May 07, 2012 5:21 pm

OK. I personally thought this was going to be boring but this chapter is actually REALLY INTERESTING.

So basically God comes down, and our world is all messed compared to when He last left it. God's all like (from what i see):"Hey, I get that you guys are trying to praise me and stuff. It's nice and cool, and it's okaaay. BUT you don't have to go kill things for offering. If I was hungry, wouldn't I take care of it myself? If anything something that shows that you're devoting yourself is kool enough."

Then there is this dude:"Sacrifice thank offerings to God,
fulfill your vows to the Most High,
15 and call on me in the day of trouble;
I will deliver you, and you will honor me.”

Then He starts putting out all the JUICY stuff on him. Basically he ostracize(is that the word?)s him for putting on a fake face when he comes to God. It comes apparent to me that the sinner's problem is that he is a heavy sinner but doesn't really admit to it and make the effort to fix it before coming to God.

I guess the main message here was that, we need to come to God with a honest face, and if we're not happy to meet him like that, repent repent repent. To repent doesn't just mean to admit to the sins, it means to not be ashamed of it, because you're proud of the effort and progress you're making from going away from that sin.
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Psalm 50 Empty Re: Psalm 50

Post  Christine Kim Mon May 07, 2012 8:00 pm

hey guys! hope your first day back was great! mine was same old same old...
i thought that todays passage was very strong.
19: You use your mouth for evil and harness your tongue to deceit. 20: You speak continually against your brother and slander your own mother's son. 21: These things you have done and I kept silent; you thought I was altogether like you. But I will rebuke you and accuse you to your face.
those few verses stuck out to me. everyone says bad things, simple as that. we talk behind peoples backs and we dont seem to realize that we use our mouth for evil. during those times, God is always there to listen to what evil things we say. it hurts God to hear those words being said from someone and to someone else because those some people are still the children of God. our mission, i guess you can call it, is to be more like Christ and spread the glory of God. by doing these evil doings, we are being hypocrites. we say to be more like Christ when we arent even acting like Christ ourselves.
we need to step out of our comfort zones and step up to what we believe in. instead of talking behind someones back, why dont we go ahead and try to befriend them or resolve the problem that had occurred. remember what pastor daniel had preached about yesterday...to not make anyone feel invisible and give them a place in wherever we may be. our words should be used for the good and not for the bad because i do believe that words mean more than actions. a punch can hurt for a few hours but words can hurt for a few weeks.
Christine Kim
Christine Kim
minion

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Wed May 09, 2012 1:03 am

I didnt really understand this chaper...
All i understood was that God will come down one day to be the judge of weather or not we will be accepted into heaven or not. God is the King He does what He wants.
Pretty much all i got will probably reread it later:D
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down