Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Psalm 1

+3
Kevin
Sarah Oh
James
7 posters

Go down

Psalm 1 Empty Psalm 1

Post  James Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:55 pm

Second semester is great! Civics/Careers, Computer, Math, and Tech Very Happy

3: He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither.

When we are born, we are planted into the ground and we grow our relationship with Christ. As a seed, we are properly nourished with streams of water. We are given our daily bread. Once we grow, the people that live in wickedness are blown away by the wind and the followers of Christ remain, as their strong roots allow them to be strong with Christ. Like Heaven and Hell, the righteous and wicked are completely segregated by God. I think this chapter wants us to realize that God will not allow a wicked man to live in his kingdom and will not hesitate to ask him to leave. Although a merciful God, sometimes we underestimate the might of our Lord and this chapter helps us remind ourselves that the wicked are the FURTHEST thing away from God.
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Psalm 1 Empty Re: Psalm 1

Post  Sarah Oh Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:58 pm

Hey everyone!! First of all I would like to say, that I got accepted into The regional arts program i auditioned for!! Praise God!!! Very Happy
And this chapter was actually very straight forward. Its basically saying like we have to stay on the path of righteousness, or else we will be punished, if we ever turn to the wicked.
and thaats bout it....
Good Night everyone!!
-Sarah Smile
Sarah Oh
Sarah Oh
minion

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:56 am

^Congratulations Sarah!
Glad to hear!

Second semester is quite awesome! Tons of fun classes
Hope you guys are having a great time as well? Yeah?

As you guys can see, these chapters are VERY short. Still great though

6 For the LORD watches over the path of the godly,

Although I didn't get TOO much
This does stick out to me significantly.
No matter what it is that we do, GOD will ALWAYS be looking after us
He's our shepherd and that'll NEVER change...

yeeee gnight
DO YOUR DEVOS GUYS! LETSGO
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:06 am

2 but whose delight is in the law of the Lord,
and who meditates on his law day and night. 

I just wanted to point out that it says "whose delight is in the law..." 
You shouldn't just be doing his will, you should enjoy it. So, if you're moaning and groaning about having to do devos, worship, etc.. 
You're doing it wrong, fellas! Hahaha

And the rest was pretty generic "be-a-good-Christian" stuff. 
So, I'm off to finish homework! Farewell!
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Audrey Jong Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:34 pm

Sorry I haven't posted in a while........I had an overnight trip for two nights and threee dayz....

ok, so this was a very simple and straight foward chapter.....It's talking about how we shouldn't be tempted into doing sin and making it our bad habits. They explain how great it is to be able to worship God and Praise his name. They also define what the meaning of true faith and worship is. It sort of reminds me of the song: How great is our God. That's why the very first verse of this chapter stood out to me: "Oh the joys of those who do not follow the advice of the wicked, or stand arround with sinners, or join in with mockers."

Have a great week!
Very Happy ~Audrey~ Cool
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:49 pm

SORRY for missing devos!! I shall start today Razz
the parts that stood out to me was the part where they say that they do not stand around with sinners!
i think this is really relevant to us because who we choose to surround ourselves with at school is who we will inevitably become!
so if we surround ourselves with people who sin shamelessly, we are bound to sin shamelessly but if we surround ourselves with people who can hold us accountable for our sins (aka pt:)) then we will hold our selves accountable independently as time goes by Smile
the other part that stuck out to me was where they said that they delight in the law of the lord, and like esther said, we should enjoy doing things that God wants to do, not dread them! Smile we were made to do these things so it must be natural, no?
haha
hope you guys are having great weeks <3 Smile
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:07 am

What i go out of this verse was that God will stay with the rigtheous and look over us all the time but he will turn his back to those who do wicked deeds... Pretty much all i got
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down