Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Psalm 54

4 posters

Go down

Psalm 54 Empty Psalm 54

Post  jaake kwon Mon May 14, 2012 7:14 pm

5 Let evil recoil on those who slander me;
in your faithfulness destroy them.

this verse bugged me. but i guess it just goes to show that we're humans. we should strive to become like Jesus but it would be wrong and weird if one of us actually were just as good and perfect. we wouldn't have the patience to actually ignore all these naysayers for some 80 years.

other than that, this was pretty confusing. sorry guys, i just came back from exercising...
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Psalm 54 Empty Re: Psalm 54

Post  Christine Kim Mon May 14, 2012 8:51 pm

well todays chapter was short. i actually didnt get much out of the chapter other than that God helps you and will always be there for you through the thick and thin.
see you all on saturday! dont forget to read Psalm 119!!
Christine Kim
Christine Kim
minion

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Mon May 14, 2012 11:41 pm

Hi guys! sorry for not keeping up with devos. Last week was CRAAZZYYY i got like 4 hours of sleep tops each night :S
no excuse tho.
I will praise your name, O Lord,
for it is good.
this verse stuck out to me becasue it reminded me of how God is the only purely good thing in the universe.
He is the best of the best, and the purest of the purest. That's why i always question myself as to why i turn to other "good things" when i have the best good thing right in front of me? isn't that kinda weird? we have the best good thing just at our finger tips, yet we settle for less. God is the easiest one to reach to and the one who will benefit us most at the end, but we can't seem to wrap our heads around the fact that by staying from god, we are merely settling for less. Thats all i have for today Smile
night yalll
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  James Tue May 15, 2012 12:45 am

7: for he has delivered me from all my troubles, and my eyes have looked in triumph on my foes.

As a Christian-born, I never did accept the word of Jesus Christ, God, and the Holy Spirit until quite recently.
And when I accepted Him, my life turned upside down.
I saw things that I didn't see before, and disregarded the things that aren't of importance to His Name.
We come to the Lord, Jesus Christ at any point of our lives.
We don't change before him, don't have to attend church at our perfect state.
We come with broken hearts and leave the door with a heart filled with the blood of Christ.
God has truly delivered me from my troubles, helped me 'let go' and comforted me when in need.
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down