Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Psalm 51

5 posters

Go down

Psalm 51 Empty Psalm 51

Post  Christine Kim Tue May 08, 2012 5:51 pm

May 8th! Very Happy
Christine Kim
Christine Kim
minion

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Psalm 51 Empty Re: Psalm 51

Post  Christine Kim Tue May 08, 2012 6:03 pm

10: Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
Okay so! we always sin and dirty our hearts with what seems like little sins to us. i dont know about you guys but when i dont do my devotions, i always feel like something is missing and i have made a huge mistake. it bothers me until i do my devotions or i go to practice to praise Gods glory. that altogether, not keeping up with devotions feels like a sin to me. i always know when i sin and whenever i do, i always have this little consious in my head that keeps reminding me of what i have sinned against. only after asking God for forgiveness clears out the little voice or confessing to God that i am not perfect and that i have committed something wrong through praise or listening to a sermon.
14: Save me from bloodguilt, O God, the God who saves me, and my tongue will sing of your righteousness.
you are truly able to worship God and praise Him after your heart is clean and pure. God saves everyone with just a prayer or a confession of a wrong doing. i have heard this long time ago that whenever you ask God for forgiveness, he completely forgets your sin and makes you clean once and again.
Christine Kim
Christine Kim
minion

Number of posts : 186

Back to top Go down

Post  James Tue May 08, 2012 11:39 pm

TOOTH IS KILLING ME... Got a filling on monday morning, gonna get the real thing installed after two or three more trips to the dentist. $600 for the operation. Awesome.

15: O Lord, open my lips, and my mouth will declare your praise.

I want every aspect of God to be a part of me. I especially want his view on earth and people. We're given ears to listen to his Word, and a mouth to spread it. Legs to travel to those places in desperate need of support and arms to lift his Name. We are made from God and are so undeserving of his Love. The body of Christ nourishes us and his blood quenches us. Our bodies are meant to serve. As we are eternally saved, we definitely can NOT take that for granted. May our lips be opened and may our mouths preach upon the word.
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Wed May 09, 2012 1:07 am

This Chapter is a really nice one IMO.
So pretty much to sum it up, a sin is a sin. there is no weaker sin for example, lying is just as bad as killing someone to some extent. But what this chapter is saying is that God will be able to clean up our hearts and take away those sins. He will create new clean hearts for us and renew a right spirit within us. He will shapen us but only if we accept him in our hearts, than can we only be cleaned up.
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.

Back to top Go down

Post  jaake kwon Wed May 09, 2012 7:07 pm

so i noticed that this psalm was for a person by the name of Nathan, who commited adultery(cheated in short) against his spouse?
and David puts 3 parts in his whole prayer; requesting of forgiveness, confession, and promises.

we usually do the same thing to. only problem is, we don't follow up on the promises.
nice small topic to think about, cuz nowadays, the devotion to devote our time to God is pretty low.
kinda lies back to what Kevin and the rest of us were talking about.
we should always be thinking.
the idea isn't to not say things you can't back up, but backing up things you say, whether it means breaking your limits..or something along that line.
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Audrey Jong Wed May 23, 2012 9:32 pm

I think that this chapter is about how our mind should be for God when we're asking God for our forgiveness. Many times, i'm not sure if i'm truely sorry for whatever I did. This helped me know what it really is to be sorry. I liked this whole chapter, it clairified a lot of things for me...

Very Happy ~Audrey~ Cool
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down