Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Genesis 19 - August 23, 2011... Please post, team!

5 posters

Go down

Genesis 19 - August 23, 2011... Please post, team! Empty Genesis 19 - August 23, 2011... Please post, team!

Post  julian Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:54 pm

Post here, guys!

I'm communicating with Kevin about the retreat, so the setlist for this week'll be delayed till tomorrow tops! Retreat set should be sent by then as well.

julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Genesis 19 - August 23, 2011... Please post, team! Empty Re: Genesis 19 - August 23, 2011... Please post, team!

Post  DunNo Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:38 pm

Hey guys. Sorry for not posting for the last week... i was away on vacation but now I'm back!

Today's passage was somewhat confusing to me... but I did somewhat get that God was trying to keep a promise to Lot who is a descendant of Abraham. God made a promise with Abraham that his descendants would be many and that he will be the father of nations and even to the time when God obliterated the wicked and wrong in Sodom, he kept his promise. He sent angels to Lot and helped him escape death though his wife did die, God in the end kept his promise and I thought that was aweinspiring that God would keep his promises throughout the most extreme cases even though by Lot's time, it might've been a legend or urban myth. That's all I got today so... Good night....
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.

Back to top Go down

Genesis 19 - August 23, 2011... Please post, team! Empty Re: Genesis 19 - August 23, 2011... Please post, team!

Post  julian Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:40 pm

I found this chapter to be a little bit distasteful... rather the second part to it! Ergh! Sad

The first part I did find interesting though - man, Lot was seriously in a tight pinch, surrounded by many of the enemy who God was about to destroy - so it comes to not being 'worthy', from the other chapter, but rather having even one quality that God would feel to be of use for his kingdom - with Lot and his descendants! I mean, you could almost compare the Amalekites in 1 Samuel to be like modern guerilla terrorists (they fed off other villages)

I find it interesting in that even though Lot was scared and indecisive (like how I am, to be really honest), he still followed the orders of God and did his best to leave the village... and not to mention, he still does communicate with God, asking him to stay at the nearby village Zoar.

The second part... well, incest speaks to me, haha... surely something I'd hate to talk about.
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:20 am

sorry for not posting the other day!
i actually wont be posting for the next 8 days because im going camping hehe Smile
so yeah! ill see you guys in a week and a bit Smile byeee! <3
the end of this chapter was a bit disturbing, and also the part where lot gives up his daughter for rape, but i think the main lesson i got from this chapter was to not care for what others around you thnk of you and do what you think is right in God's eyes.. he even did that much so as to give his own daughters up for rape to the townsmen which is a gigantic sacrifice to protect these angels!
but yeah, i think that this is a good example to learn from and to value our relationship with God more than the ones we have on earth because in the end, God will give back way more than we can ask!
anywho! ill see you guys later! Smile byee
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:34 am

Hey, sorry for the break in my posting! I've been busy and I know it's not a good reason but that's all I've really got to say. :S
Anyway!
26 But Lot’s wife looked back, and she became a pillar of salt.
This basically represents what I probably would have done. I mean, I'm pretty indecisive and if I had to leave everything I ever earned/made/lived around, to go to some small town to start over... I'd be pretty upset too!
I guess her "turning into salt" represents a LOT of our faiths. We're all a little unsure... and a little rebellious too.
I just thought it was interesting because usually, we get some sort of forewarning that someone is going to die but this time, it happens all so quickly, which shows the power of God, really.
Like, there was just something different about this death.

Also! I didn't really understand why he was giving his virgin daughters to the villagers instead of his guests... Not that giving the guests is a better idea, just that I don't really know why he couldn't have had a different solution. :/

Eh, but yeah that's what I got! Goodnight, guys!
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:19 am

LOLLLL jennifer ... have you been camping... ALL SUMMER? Razz Smile
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down