Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Genesis 2 - August 2, 2011.

4 posters

Go down

Genesis 2 - August 2, 2011. Empty Genesis 2 - August 2, 2011.

Post  julian Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:06 pm

Post here.
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Genesis 2 - August 2, 2011. Empty Re: Genesis 2 - August 2, 2011.

Post  Esther Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:33 pm

Hey guys! Hehehe, I tanned! LOL! Which is a great thing because I didn't want to get too dark but I didn't want to be too light either and now I'm good! Very Happy Yaay!
Hahaha, anywaay, here's my devo!

19 Now the LORD God had formed out of the ground all the wild animals and all the birds in the sky. He brought them to the man to see what he would name them; and whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name.

I don't think many people realize how interesting this verse, truely is.
If you read it carefully, you see that God SHARED HIS POWER with humans.
He gave us the power to name the animals whatever we wanted, to show that we are made like God and that he treats us as equals...or at least, he treats us fairly, I hope you guys get what I mean. Hahaha

Okay! That's what I got! It was a pretty short passage though.
Anyway, see you guys on Saturday! (:

Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:06 am

Yo, welcome back, Esther! Very Happy I look forward to hearing the stuff you did, haha!

It's a bit late and I think I need sleep, but THIS comes first!! The email was just sent out by the way - any problems or whatever, let me know! Less confusion is better than more!

This ended up being very short, but there are things that I were able to think about, personally.

First, consider that God is the author of life - the one who breathed life from dust, something that does NOT live, and the power to make something from nothing. I kinda get chills when I think about this, but man, this is surely one thing that makes me in awe of God and of his presence! Phew!

I was actually interested in having a question like this, not because I'm skeptical, but because I really want to see what you guys think - if everything created by God is good, does that mean the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil is also good? I'm thinking a bit about it myself, actually!

The most powerful thing I really want to remember is the importance of the woman, even more so than the man, in this scenario at least. The man here is fine, working with animals, but he doesn't have someone competent enough, someone just like him - the one helper came and really made an impact. Even though a woman was described to have been made of a man, it's so important to see, and quite sad sometimes when this isn't the case, that woman are truly powerful. Being a man of God and being a woman of God in a couple are what God intended us to be! Let's not forget that!
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:29 am

Hey Julian... is our practice still on Saturday morning? Because the title of the email is practice this Sunday?

Um... I didn't get too much from this passage because it was fairly short and was very straightforward. But... reading Julian's devo... I also did find his question very interesting... But what I did get from the fact that God made the choice for us, the choice for us to love him or disobey him was very critical. If God had not created that tree, it would've gone against everything we believe God has purposed us. Our purpose is to love and live for God with our free will. Had God not made that tree, we would've been slaves to God's world. God didn't want a world full of people who are set to default loving him, instead he gave us the choice to love him or not, because a default setting of loving him means next to nothing. It would be pointless to create us without giving us the chance to love or even appreciate God and what he's done for us. So since God has given us a chance to love and appreciate, we should take advantage of it, instead of being robots set to default "love" settings.

Good night!
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:33 am

Genesis 2

2 By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing;
so on the seventh day he rested from all his work.
3 And God blessed the seventh day and made it holy,
because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done.

This is sign that the 7th day is the Sunday. Because this is the day we rest and call upon God freely.
On Sundays, it was Gods rest day and it should be ours too. It should be the day where we lift our arms freely for God to take us and the day we rest in his Kingdom where we can be saved. This is because on the 7th day, he blessed it and made it holy. On the other days, anyone can be busy and working but on the 7th everyone i see at church, is always commited and shows up the following Sunday, and the next. That is our rest from work.
Bless and take advantage of the Holy day because great blessed thigns can happen!
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down