Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Genesis 4 - August 4 2011.

3 posters

Go down

Genesis 4 - August 4 2011. Empty Genesis 4 - August 4 2011.

Post  julian Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:08 am

Devotions are slipping, guys! Please keep up! Smile I'll be there to support!

Post here!
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Genesis 4 - August 4 2011. Empty Re: Genesis 4 - August 4 2011.

Post  julian Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:29 am

This again is another story, much of what we'll be reading for many many many days.

Much of it seems simple and is understandable, but a few things came up my mind.

I'm not doubting God or the bible, but I'm curious as to why God did not choose Cain's offering, some of the land's produce, as opposed to Abel's livestock firstborns and fat portions. It comes to my view that both were living in the same family and weren't really very rich. My only assumption for this is that Cain gave significantly less than he could have, while Abel wanted to give the best of what he had. It really reminded me of what we give to God. It's that kind of pride that takes control over us and makes us unable to live according to God's will, I find - it lead to Cain killing Abel.
And sad to say, this includes DEVOTIONS. Even if you can't post the one night, at least do a followup or at least let the entire group know that you might be missing, and that's fine. This forum shouldn't even be used to monitor devotions, but to get everyone's feedback, you know? Please post, guys!

I find it interesting that even though Cain committed a pretty grave sin by murdering his own brother, God continued to support his life and continue humanity based on him. After all, one human lead to another, and so on.
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:59 am

Hey guys. Sorry for not posting yesterday... I should've done it before I went to church to make sure I wasn't too tired when I got back... I'll think ahead next time...

Today's passage was fairly short and was a very popular children's bible story because it has a simple plot and a clear message. In the story Cain and Abel both gave their offerings, but God only accepted Abel's because only he gave it wholeheartedly. Abel obviously couldn't offer anything as materially good as Cain, but Abel gave from his heart while Cain only gave for the sake of giving. This message about giving all our hearts to God doesn't always have to apply from offerings, but it could also be in relation to how we pray, how hard we try to have a healthy relationship with God, etc... So not just for the sake of complacency or admiration from others, do it for God and with a heart for God.

Good night!
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:31 am

like julian, i was wondering why God didnt accept Cains offering. i was thinking maybe cain didnt give him the best of his produce, but just whatever he had!
but what i got from this was that even though many people commit horrible sins and break Gods heart, God still uses them for what they were created for! this illustrates how EVERYONe has a purpose in God's eyes and no matter what they do, God will still love them. However, they will get punished.
im sorry that was really short! but i didnt get anything else from this story!! night guys!
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down