Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Genesis 1 - August 1, 2011.

2 posters

Go down

Genesis 1 - August 1, 2011. Empty Genesis 1 - August 1, 2011.

Post  julian Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:40 pm

Post here. I'll catch up while I get the other dates ready.
Note that Esther isn't here at the moment, so she'll be absent doing devotions HERE. I'll remind her to do devos (hopefully if she brought a bible along).

Other than that, let's all do this, guys! Things haven't been the most solid, and we don't need Kevin, Jacob, or Isaac to tell us that. Smile
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Genesis 1 - August 1, 2011. Empty Re: Genesis 1 - August 1, 2011.

Post  julian Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:54 pm

There are 50 chapters in the book of Genesis. I hope you guys are prepared to do this for over a month and a half.

I'm ridiculously tired today... an extra 3 hours on a tiring 5 hour shift, haha! Seems like a bummer, but whatever. What's done is done. Tomorrow I'm so stoked - I get to see one of my friends from my Québec study, who's visiting Toronto, haha! Such great memories - hey, it's why Matt Song and Cathy went! Wink

There are many interesting things that come by, from what I can ponder about, even though it IS creation - one of the most important things we need to remind ourselves, guys!

One thing that pondered me for a bit was that God created all living things and space within a time period of 6 days, while taking the 7th day as a rest day, the Sabbath day. It always interested me why God took so much time into doing all this when he IS omnipotent (all-powerful)... but then it reminded me that while we think that God's methods aren't as good, we need to remind ourselves that even though uncertainty exists, that we can have faith that God did it for a particular reason. It's hard to word this out, but I hope my point got a little across - we shouldn't ponder so much what God is doing, because he's sovereign and we're in no position to tell God what to improve; rather the opposite.

Recall the importance of WORDS! Man, I still remember Billy's quick, light, but definitely POWERFUL message he reminded us! (I got the gist of it, Billy, but I kinda forgot what you said about words being cheap only if... (something something! D: Sorry!) God's actions are supreme, but it's not to say that his words aren't powerful either - the moment he said 'Let there be... ', there was '...'! Light, plants, PEOPLE, man, God's words breathed and killed; life and death. Man, words hurt... but more so when it's from God, that's for certain.

I recall some time ago when Moses preached on how WE ourselves are self-portraits of God - we are made into HIS image - all of us! If God is able to do so much, then how much more can we strive to be like him? We all have some gift of God that he put into our souls, and it's why a lot of us enjoy having this talent of music and using THAT to glorify him! It's why we all have some characteristic of him, and it also reminds me that we should always strive to be like God, each day - and to get closer (or something that Jacob said)

That's my little addition.

AH REMEMBER - ALL THAT GOD MADE WAS GOOD IN HIS EYES, INCLUDING US! Don't forget that! Smile
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:08 am

Hey guys. I'll try my best from now on to be consistent with devo's!

So today's chapter was mostly narration of how the world was created. There's not much we can reflect on but I just wanted to point out that it was amazing that God created our Earth out of nothing. He did what was impossible. We could not imagine making a sandwich with nothing but our own hands, but God created everything from the ground up. The light and the dark, the sun, the moon, the stars, and above all, he made us. God made us in his own image and placed his creations in our own hands. And then, God called it good and he kept it because it was that great. It means we're special so we should honor our gift of life that God has entrusted us and live it to the fullest and most importantly for the reason he made us, to fulfill his image.

That's all I got for today... Good night!
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down