Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Genesis 14 - August 16, 2011.

2 posters

Go down

Genesis 14 - August 16, 2011. Empty Genesis 14 - August 16, 2011.

Post  julian Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:57 pm

Hey guys!
As far as devotions go, let me know in advance what's going on! It worried me a little yesterday, just a little bit haha!
Jeremy right now is in Tobermory - continue to pray for the guy! Very Happy

Last morning shift tomorrow from 7 AM to 3 PM... I want it doneeeeee with already!

Abram's character really changed my view from the chapter yesterday... and to clear things up, I finally realize that Lot was Abram's relative! When Lot was taken prisoner, which I expected to occur, there's something about Abram's character that shines. He risks his own 318 trained men as well as his own self to take back Lot - in other words, he risked all that he could, trusting in God, going all in. Ultimately, he brought back everything - goods, Lot, women, and the others. When the king of Sodom tried to negotiate with Abram, he clearly refused... he had an OATH to the Lord - he was that dedicated. Such character is an excellent example of a man of God - one that I never thought of for some time. Good reminder, seriously!

julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Genesis 14 - August 16, 2011. Empty Re: Genesis 14 - August 16, 2011.

Post  Esther Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:08 pm

Argg, this week has been so hectic! It's hard to keep up with a LOT of my friends' and my own birthday coming up, and end of summer parties/get togethers every other day. Hahaha!
But nonetheless!

22 But Abram said to the king of Sodom, “With raised hand I have sworn an oath to the LORD, God Most High, Creator of heaven and earth, 23 that I will accept nothing belonging to you, not even a thread or the strap of a sandal, so that you will never be able to say, ‘I made Abram rich.’
I liked this verse a lot, you know?
Abram did so much for God and even swore not to get anything selfish in return. All he wanted was for the people around him to be healthy and safe.
Reminds you that you don't always need something in return for a good act!

That's what I got! Very Happy
Okay, off to do the next one!
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down