Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Genesis 13 - August 15, 2011.

3 posters

Go down

Genesis 13 - August 15, 2011. Empty Genesis 13 - August 15, 2011.

Post  julian Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:20 pm

Post here!
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Genesis 13 - August 15, 2011. Empty Re: Genesis 13 - August 15, 2011.

Post  julian Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:35 pm

Good work on praise yesterday - messed up a ton on From the Inside Out in terms of the chord progression... (trying to focus on the singing, which was hard for a guy haha; could see why Jacob wanted to do it in a lower key). Work's still tough, especially with another member and a new temporary manager... oh well - which is why I need to sleep tonight at 10! I've gotta wake up at 5 to get to work on time, from tomorrow until Wednesday! Not fun...... please do keep me in prayers!

This may not be a very long chapter, but it does spark a few important reminders. The first is that Abram made a decision because of the quarrels - something people might do from time to time. I might've avoided certain people because of fights and things like such, and sometimes we feel we might have to rely on our own judgment to do so. Unfortunately, while we might want to decide for ourselves, things won't always go our way - it isn't revealed thus far, but the impression I get from Lot (who I believe is Abram's friend, ally?) is that once he settled nearby the land of Sodom, he too became evil. Again, Sam talked about this once before - you definitely change according to your environment; if you become close to friends who choose to say, drink, it's more likely that with time, you'll eventually drink as well...

Then again, I'm not sure why God didn't fully decide to stop Abram; maybe to tell us that at times, we need to make our own decisions with the kind of thought that God would put in. And so, Abram continued to help with the development of future generations!
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:42 am

what i got from this chapter was really small but is one of the things i try to remember to do in my life! whenever in conflict, dont be greedy and show humbleness and humility and be the bigger man in the conflict! its wise to do this because we should hava faith that God has something set aside just for you, whatever the conflict is about, like Abram. He allowed Lot to have his choice of land, having faith that God would provide, and God gave him riches of land and descendants.
ALSO this reminds me of the sermon we heard yesterday! who cares about anything else than what God thinks of you! and what God would want you to do in a situation where you are fighting over one thing is to just let it go! its not so important that you should waste your time on it Razz
sorry my explanation isnt too clear but i hope it makes sense :S
night guys Smile hope missions is going well haha
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:55 pm

8 So Abram said to Lot, “Let’s not have any quarreling between you and me, or between your herders and mine, for we are close relatives. 9 Is not the whole land before you? Let’s part company. If you go to the left, I’ll go to the right; if you go to the right, I’ll go to the left.”

Again, I didn't get too much from this chapter but these verses tell us how to treat the people around us - like family.
Not to be jealous but to humbly wait for what God has in store for us.

Sorry, I know that wasn't much but hmm... this and chapter 12 are a little... idk, there just wasn't much that could talk about.

Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down