Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mark 12 June 21

+2
julian
Kevin
6 posters

Go down

Mark 12 June 21 Empty Mark 12 June 21

Post  Kevin Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:30 am

ayaws
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Mark 12 June 21 Empty Re: Mark 12 June 21

Post  julian Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:31 pm

Hey guys! Looks like French went... fairly okay, I guess. Well, that'll be revealed later, haha! World Issues tomorrow! D: Continue to pray for me, as I do need the marks for university.

Also, I'm having some family issues, which I find trivial, making me unable to go to the retreat... for now I say it. I'm still in the midst of convincing them that I NEED to be here... I'm not going to go into great detail, but please do pray for me.

Truth be told, I wasn't too sure what the parable of the vineyard owner is suggesting to all of us. It almost seems as if the vineyard owner had sent servants countless times and even his own son, who died at the hands of tenant farmers. Verse 9 suggests that the owner will destroy the farmers and give the vineyard to others. I guess I'll offer my own interpretation of this scenario. God trusts us with many things that we should take seriously, but if sin is present in what we do that harms others as well as God himself, God takes over and takes away that trust - but I feel rather that it's only until we learn from our faults that God will forgive us.

Verse 17 also struck me - God wants what truly belongs to him. Everything that God created is good, right? Aren't they what really belongs to God? Human desires and human thoughts - things used only for the human race and not even a hint for God would belong to the mortals, (in this case, to Caesar). God wants the best because he makes the best.

Some of the primary commandments also made me see quite a bit - love the Lord will all your heart, soul, mind, and strength - and then love your neighbour as you love yourself. These are self-explanatory commandments, but I'm refreshed on how important those 2 truly are.

Wish me luck!

julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:00 pm

Oh true! Yeahhh I'll pray for ya Julian Smile
and as most of you may already know, I'm not going to the retreat... As much as I want to join you guys, Im unfortunately stuck in niagara that whole weekend it looks like... Maybe in Toronto for a day... Aha... Yeahh... Have fun! Very Happy

I'll post devos tomorrow.... Or later today, it's just that my exam review is crazy long and I still need to get through a lot of material :s sorry guys, I'll do my devos though Smile
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:04 am

Sorry about that Julian... then our retreats gonna suck.... 'cuz no one will be there... D:

Besides that, I'm finding it difficult to gain new things out of Mark because the things we learned last book are the same stories. Same stories make up for the same lessons... frankly... I'm not getting too much out of Mark.

What I thought was most important in this chapter was about the old lady who offered up everything she had to God. Though the other people were giving tons of money to the church, it wasn't the quantity of material offering Jesus was looking at, but the amount of spiritual offering they had to offer. Offering is always a giving from the heart and not from the pocket. These rich men could've offered as much as they want and if they had the right attitude about giving offering, it still would've been welcome, but these guys threw around offering without pain or without regret. The woman offered everything with her heart and that is what Jesus took into account, so always know that if the heart is there, the offering is with it, no matter how much you give.

GOod ngiht!
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:08 am

Mark 12

The Greatest Commandment

From verses 29-31 Jesus states the 2 most important commandments. Even though they are not listed in the 10 on the stone, these commandments are laws that should be kept and followed no matter what.
I think it was set apart because if this law is to be broken, there is no repenting. But the other laws, you can repent and be forgiven again.
To have the knowledge and understanding of knowing these commandments to the deepest extent, shows you are close to being accepted into the kingdom of heaven.

The Widow's Offering

All the wealthy people gave a huge portion of their money for offering to the Lord but a poor widow threw in only a fraction of penny.
Jesus said to his disciples, this poor widow gave up everything he had even though he had so little but these rich people only give a portion.
Honestly, sometimes i avoid giving offering because im losing money... but i just suffer from that. We should be giving God all that we have!
Before, i didnt used to do that but i think since that i have a GIRLFRIEND... im always trying to save up for her.
Ill be sure to pray for that.
GIVE EVERYTHING YOU HAVE TO JESUS!

peace
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:09 am

i just got my internet back guys! Smile
AND I FINISHED MY LAST EXAM TODAY~~ Very Happy
sorry! my computers gunna run outta battery soon so if my devo isnt up after this that means my comp tunrned off on mee but i did the devo! kk ima try to do this fastt
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:15 am

31 The second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[h] No other commandment is greater than these.”
thats so wierd i was thinking About this today! haha well i was thinking about how we can go about loving everyone around us and i found that affter thinking about everybody i have around me, there are things that are good in each and everyone of them. we have to remember that God made them and God gave them something special and it is their choice to use it or not. wieither way, it is detectable, and we should at least love that part of it. we should love the glimpse of God we wsee in everyone! Smile
okayyy goodnight gusy!
IMM SOOO HAPPY Smile
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content