Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mark 4 June 9th

+2
Grace
Kevin
6 posters

Go down

Mark 4 June 9th Empty Mark 4 June 9th

Post  Kevin Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:47 pm

nb
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Mark 4 June 9th Empty Re: Mark 4 June 9th

Post  Grace Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:13 pm

today in general... i just feel so.... blahhhhhh
and i cant get myself to start on my homework and study for my accounting test.....grrrrr

19But they start worrying about the needs of this life. They are fooled by the desire to get rich and to have all kinds of other things. So the message gets choked out, and they never produce anything.
This parable.. i think is really important because it talks about the strength of ones faith.
The seeds that fell on the rocky road, are the people who stray away quickly because they do not have the roots. the proper foundation.
the seeds that fell in the thorn bush.. i think this one, is what people struggle with the most. They hear the word, they try...but then they get caught up in all of the world's temptations and desires whether it is fortune, fame or etc.
As Christians, we cant get caught up in the idols that the world puts in front of us... we shouldnt get choked out and never produce anything.
We need to be those seeds that fell on good soil.
Lets all strive to build a good foundation, and even if life gets tough.. that we'll stick with it, and struggle till the end. because God will ALWAYS take us out of our darkness. He'll guide us out of the obstacle. During the whole time that we struggle, we need to remember that God is leading us out of it, holding our hands the whole way, never letting go... going through all of the harder things so that we may have a better chance of surviving.
Trust in God, grow in God, and love God. Keep your faith strong so that it may be unbreakable, so that even when satan comes to tempt you... that you will not shake, but stand strong in the word Smile
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:29 pm

38 Jesus was in the stern, sleeping on a cushion. The disciples woek him and said to him, "Teacher, dont you care if we dorown?"
39 He got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, "quiet! Be still!" then the wind dided downa dn it was completely calm.
40 He said to his disciples, "why are you so afraid? Do you still hae no faith?
41 THey weree terrified and asked each other, Whos is this? Eve the twind and the waves obey him!

This is clearly a message to show that faith is everything in life. IF you have no faith, there is no point in being a Christian.
Christianity is basically based on your faith and belief because we cannot see Jesus with our own eyes. And none of us have ever witnessed him before. That is why Jesus was angered that his disciples had no faith taht they were gonna be safe if they werer with Jesus and had FAITH in him.

ALWAYS HAVE FAITH GUYS!
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:54 pm

Hey guys... I'm really tired... so im gonna go straight into my devo.

39 Awake now, he told the wind to pipe down and said to the sea, "Quiet! Settle down!" The wind ran out of breath; the sea became smooth as glass.40 Jesus reprimanded the disciples: "Why are you such cowards? Don't you have any faith at all?"

So these verses reminded me of how faithless we can get when there are times of trouble or stressful events. It's easy to loose faith when things are going wrong. In this scenario, Jesus was actually sleeping out in the middle of a crisis. While things were going wrong on the boat, Jesus was relaxing, not worrying about the storm, but the important part was that even though Jesus didn't seem present, he was there. These verses in a way show us how faithless in God we can be. When stressful things happen, it just seems that even if God is just a stones throw away from us, we don't think to rely on him. God is always willing to help us and we just need faith in him that he will. So even if things seem to go wrong, and God doesn't seem to be there, just know that we can rely on him and have some faith in him.

Good night.

DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:54 am

21 Then Jesus asked them, “Would anyone light a lamp and then put it under a basket or under a bed? Of course not! A lamp is placed on a stand, where its light will shine. 22 For everything that is hidden will eventually be brought into the open, and every secret will be brought to light. 23 Anyone with ears to hear should listen and understand.”
this is one of my favourite parables. when i first heard it, i was like omggosh! thats so truuee ahaha Razz
what it is essentially saying is that God is like a lamp, we need it to find our way inn the dark, and we want many people to get use out of the one lamp. so this is why we dont cover iit. so it can fill as much space up with the light or the good news as possible, so that everyone can see the light of hope!
sorry it was short! im super tiredd
bye guyss
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:22 am

Jeez man this is late
Today I literally spent the whole day moving and cleaning my house...
haha im pooped.

9 Then he said, “Anyone with ears to hear should listen and understand.”

I thought we could all reflect on this verse because weekly we hear the word of God from Sunday Service. Daily, we read scripture for devotions on the forum like you did today. But how often do we REALLY listen or really reflect and truly try to understand the word of God? As it is stated in scripture, Anyone with ears to hear should listen and understand. When we talk to God, we should also listen. When we hear sermons, we should listen to apply it to our lives and to gain a deeper understanding and knowledge.

I also wanted to talk about faith! Towards the end of this chapter, there's a story of how the disciples asked JEsus to save them for they thought that they were doomed. This made me think that sometimes, our faith is really weak when we feel like everything's going wrong. When we hit rock bottom, that's when I believe that faith is truly at our weakest.But in this story, Jesus teaches us that no matter how badly it seems, even if it feels like the world is coming to and end, We should have faith in him for he is there for us.

Yeah that's what I got!
!
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:29 am

AIGHT GUYS, I'M PUMPED FOR THE RETREAT. AND ONE OF MY FRIENDS IS VISITING US ON SUNDAY. AND YEAH, TODAY WAS A GOOD DAY.
ANYWAAAY, on to my devoooooo!

21 Then Jesus asked them, “Would anyone light a lamp and then put it under a basket or under a bed? Of course not! A lamp is placed on a stand, where its light will shine. 22 For everything that is hidden will eventually be brought into the open, and every secret will be brought to light.
I love how true this passage is. You guys may read it differently, but these verses reassure me. God can see our light even when we think he can't. He's the one that'll help us be "brought into the open" and what happens when you unveil more and more light? The place is lit up even more!

Man, I'm sooo tired but I just loved that verse even if I didn't have much to say about it. Okaaaay, I'm off to sleep! Night!
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down