Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mark 6 June 13

5 posters

Go down

Mark 6 June 13 Empty Mark 6 June 13

Post  Kevin Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:31 pm

s
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Mark 6 June 13 Empty Re: Mark 6 June 13

Post  jennifer Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:59 pm

i dont think i did well on my exa todayyyy D: sigh!!!
owell ima study alot tmr!!
this chapter was mostly about people not believing in Jesus even after he preformed many miracles ad amazing things infront of them.
What shocked me the most was that when he went to his home town, that was where people really didnt believe him and it even got to the point where they were offended, thinking that this was some kind of trick that a man was trying to pull on them.
I understand why they would think that way though, its because they saw him grow up normally, and take on a normal job, and after seeing that, it's hard to belive that he is anyone special who can do anything amazing. they probably think, why would he all of a sudden have this wisdom to preach and these miracles to preform?
This is why i think we're pretty lucky to live in this age. i think since we do not see God nor hear Him, and he is kind of an abstract thought in our heads , that we woll be able to have more faith in him since he is not like a human, since he creates ffear in people and he has this all mighty ppower within him. I think also that gives us an advantage of appreciating the small miracles we see in day-to-day life and thnk about the things that would simply not occur if there was no God out there. I think it is easier to put our trust into God today than it was back then! so beeeee thankful guys Smile hehe
alrightyoo gnight!
no exams till thurs muhaha but i have an audition on wednesday! :O
k bye guys Smile
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:14 am

You guys....Im on a slump, with everything..... AND ITS EXAM WEEK :s
yeahhh.... Oh man -.-

anyways onto devos~

I love this chapter!!! Jesus walks on water!
The main message I got was from this event.
It took a LOT of faith to take this chance. To walk on water... Because it's literally doing something that is known to be impossible!!
It's saying that we should have faith
and also in our spiritual journeys, there will be times when we must step out of our comfort zone and take a chance, like Peter did when he walked on water.
But right when he doubted and let fear take over, he started to drown.
I pray that all of you will grow strong in faith and will trust God to keep you afloat.
It may seem impossible and you may be uncomfertable with some things God will ask you to do, but whatever that may be... Trust in God. For he knows what he is asking of you, what he is challenging you to do.
He will never put anything in your way that you can't overcome, in return you just need to trust and believe that you will stay on TOP on the water and will not drown in fear or doubt Smile

I encourage you guys to read a book by John Ortberg that talks exactly about this!
I can't remeber the exact title right now... It was like... To walk on water you need to get out of the boat... Or something like that ahaha it was a long title and I read it like 3 years ago XD
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:35 am

I'm actually putting more effort into studying than I should into giving more time to God. I suck.
That, along with many, many concerts has put me pretty astray from where I should be. I apologize for not posting - the Sunday reflection I will hopefully do tonight... am still sick as well. Please do pray for me - my cold's starting to get worse and worse...

One thing I definitely noticed was that even as we are called to be leaders for God, it goes without saying that we may live a tough life. In fact, to go back to Moses' sermon yesterday, it really reminded me from what Sam said that at any given time, we can die. We all have that possibility - Sam's friend passed away in the blink of an eye the following day, for some odd reason. The truth can be harsh - that sooner or later, we may just have tough times - like John the Baptist. When he spoke out words of truth for God, he was later killed - Christians have lived such a tough life, and now it seems almost so simple - too simple, in fact, to walk away. This almost made me see that King Herod himself had fear of the truth and acted so wrongly because of it.

The second segment that I definitely saw came from the story of feeding the 5000. Jesus is only given 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish to feed these people. I don't that that alone could feed my own family actually, haha! Jesus didn't just perform some magic trick - he performed a miracle. If it was magic, they really wouldn't be full, right? But Jesus truly did make them full. What I find is that Jesus uses so little of what we have and makes such great use of it, which truly is beyond our own understanding. How little we give to him, he multiplies it so much more.

Julian.
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:43 am

Hey guys
So this chapter talks a lot about the miracles that Jesus had done but I wanna talk about something else!

26 Then the king deeply regretted what he had said; but because of the vows he had made in front of his guests, he couldn’t refuse her.

What happened here was that the king herod had said to his daughter that she may have one wish and it would be anything she wanted. She stated that she wanted the head of John the baptist. Here in verse 26, it states that King herod did not approve of her request but fulfilled it anyways because of all the guests that were there witnessing so. I thought we could reflect on this because we think so often of what others think and sometimes, that even leads us to doing the wrong things. When I read this, I thought how could King herod do such a thing to a man that he respected. Instantly, I realized that it was because he cared so much for the things of this world, that he didn't consider his afterlife and his morals.

Mann I'm pooped.
Night all
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:11 am

OKAY. I WILL POST TOMORROW BECAUSE I HAVE TWO TESTS AND A QUEST TOMORROW AND I CAN'T EVEN ASK TO SWITCH ONE OF THEM TO A DIFFERENT DAY BECAUSE THE RULE IS THAT IF YOU HAVE THREE TESSSTS, YOU CAN. BUT SINCE ONE IS A QUEST, IT DOESN'T COUNT. I'M DYING. ALKJALCJLKCJKA AND EXAMS ARE COMING.

omgggggg. guys, can you just... keep me in your prayers?
Thanks, and I'll see you all on Saturday.
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:44 am

3 Then they scoffed, “He’s just a carpenter, the son of Mary[a] and the brother of James, Joseph,[b] Judas, and Simon. And his sisters live right here among us.”

Even though Jesus came from a very normal family, even almost less fortunate. He was born so that he'd be able to show that you didn't have to be well off, or special-looking to make a difference in the world. We're all capable of the things we want if we have faith in ourselves and in God.
Jesus came as one of us so he could relate to others and show everyone that you don't get it any easier just because you came as the Son of God.

42 They all ate as much as they wanted, 43 and afterward, the disciples picked up twelve baskets of leftover bread and fish. 44 A total of 5,000 men and their families were fed from those loaves!

I don't know if you guys know this, but back in Jesus' time, bread was flat because they didn't have yeast or anything. Doesn't that just blow your mind? The bread loaves were basically thin sheets of bread and THAT was split between 5000 men and their families! I think that's crazy and they had leftovers. Also, you see that they "ate as much as they wanted" and they still had twelve baskets left! God is good all the time? (:

Okay, that's what I got!
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down