Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mark 11 - June 20.

+2
Grace
julian
6 posters

Go down

Mark 11 - June 20. Empty Mark 11 - June 20.

Post  julian Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:17 pm

Post here.
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Mark 11 - June 20. Empty Re: Mark 11 - June 20.

Post  Grace Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:37 pm

17Then he taught the people and said, "The Scriptures say, `My house should be called a place of worship for all nations.' But you have made it a place where robbers hide!"
In this verse, Jesus talks about the importance of maintaining the church as a holy place.
We all go to church on sundays and Jesus says that it should be a place of worship, for all nations. Its a place open for all to come and worship/praise God...but like the people in this chapter, not everyone does..and that isnt the purpose of the church.
We cant force people to worship, i know quite a few, not just from our church who simply come to socialize but we need to help them come to know the goodness of God and how awesome it feels to be able to worship God, especially when we get to praise him with our brothers and sisters, together as one body!!!
Being able to worship God isnt our right, and it isnt something we are forced to do.. it is a privilege given to us by God and i believe its the greatest gift and opportunity!
As a praise team, lets really ask God to use us, and lead his people into worship, because thats what his house should be... a placle of worship Smile
But not only when we play music.... when we listen to the sermon, when we have fellowship afterwards.. in our every action and every word, lets show them what worshiping God truly means because worship is in everything we do, its simply doing what we do, and giving all the glory back to God!

Have an awesome week guys !!!!
most of you should be almost or already done exams, have an awesome start to your summer break, and finish this semester strongggg !!!!
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:37 pm

Hey guys!
I think calc went.... alright. Fair, to say. Tomorrow will be French, haha, World Issues Wed, and Economics on Friday... please wish me luck, as I need the final marks for university! That certainly won't mean I won't be still intense for God!

While I was reading much of the chapter, the word 'Hosanna' really came to my mind. I recall weeks behind where Moses happened to ask, what does 'Hosanna' even mean? I actually thought it really meant to exalt God (or something rather), but really meant to SAVE US - rescue us. I guess saying that one word really puts so much emphasis, where people greeted Jesus and wanted to be saved! Very interesting.

Jesus also made it clear that the church should be kept clean - free from anything that would be unclean. At the time, there were marketplaces even going on in the church, as well as tax collectors, which really did anger Jesus, especially during verse 17: (Then he began to teach them: ''Is it not written, My house will be called a house of prayer for all nations? But you have made it a den of thieves!'') This really signaled to me that doing anything that would be unpleasant for God shouldn't be tolerated in the church. And I say this as something that we ALL should work on, as an encouragement, or rather, a word of advice, as we all strive to continue leading diligently.

Verse 25 and 26 also made reflect a little bit on my own. Jesus also makes it simple - if we don't forgive others, no matter how hard it might be, God won't be able to forgive us. I do remember Kevin sharing on Saturday that God forgave the first servant of his riddled debt, but that first servant didn't forgive HIS servant for the debt that was owed to the first servant. God might be lenient and even forgive us at first, but if we don't offer the same to anyone else, then God might not feel willing to forgive us. This isn't about self-righteousness, but rather about realizing that above all, God should be number one, as we do believe - if so, we need to follow and in a sense, repeat what his good deeds to others.

There were many other things I got from this passage was well. Good read.

Take care, guys.
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:45 am

Today was our talent show, and it was pretty bad... i can't sing in front of a mic... -.-

17 And then he taught them, quoting this text: My house was designated a house of prayer for the nations; You've turned it into a hangout for thieves.

So, this is one of the most common verses or story ever to be taught in Sunday school. Though it is very common, it is still important. Sometimes, we take the church for granted, but really, it's important that we respect it and care for it. It never is an easy task to have a church. Lots of people don't have the opportunity to have a church, but when we start making it part of our lives, we forget to appreciate it. Like Jesus says, the church was meant for prayer, as a place of worship. Our main goal every Sunday is still that. It is important to have fellowship, have friends, and have a social connection between members, but the church should always be a place to worship God and pray to him. So thats all I got for today. Good night!

DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:54 am

17 He said to them, “The Scriptures declare, ‘My Temple will be called a house of prayer for all nations,’ but you have turned it into a den of thieves.”

Okay, so obviously that this time, the Temple was used like a marketplace except that everything was in the name of God. I think that basically, what it's trying to say is that we can't just say everything is for God, we have to show that it is, and really mean it.

I saw a loooot about things happening if you truely believe in God's abilities.

Sorry, short devo! Goodnight!
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:59 am

Holy crap. i read the bible and i fell asleep on my desk...
now my mom is forcing me to sleep.
ill do tomorrow. sorry for missing so many devos guys!
ill be sure to read the all and reflect on the forum or just to myself.
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:50 am

Hey guys
So in the first story, Jesus demonstrated a huge act of humility. JEsus was the king of kings yet he chose to show up on a donkey. Jesus could've showed up on a nice stallion and look very superior but he chose to ride on a lowly being. JEsus didn't want to be seen as a BIG Significant figure. He wanted to show us that the highest people must step down to the lowest to be humble. I think humility in our lives is such an important thing thta we need to have in our lives.

Yeah other than that nothing really stuck out to me
nightt good luck on yo exams everyone
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down