Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mark 8 June 15

+2
julian
Kevin
6 posters

Go down

Mark 8 June 15 Empty Mark 8 June 15

Post  Kevin Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:36 pm

Uh oh Hot Dog
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Mark 8 June 15 Empty Re: Mark 8 June 15

Post  julian Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:24 pm

Hey guys. Rough day, but a day filled with enough rest - to be ready for exams, haha.

Much of this chapter wasn't so applicable, but I did find a few things I wanted to question, rather - maybe a discussion of what Jesus' question was - in verse 21 - Don't you understand yet?' Maybe the disciples actually didn't know fully what Jesus was saying. I say that it's rather the fact that God provides for us no matter where we are, and no matter how many people there are. There were 4000 who were famished, and God provided with little effort - the same with the 5000. I think that's what Jesus wanted us to notice, but then again, this is what I think.

Verse 18 is also making me think quite a bit - Do you have eyes, and not see, and do you have ears, and not hear? And do you not remember?' It almost seems that we have all the tools that are on hand but don't use them at all - rather, they are useless. A hear that doesn't hear wouldn't have any value, would it? The chief function of the ear is to hear, isn't it? Isn't that the same thing for the eye? I feel as though this is also a good wake-up call to see that we should be more conscious of what we do, especially around others.

This is what I got.
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:54 pm

34Jesus then told the crowd and the disciples to come closer, and he said:
If any of you want to be my followers, you must forget about yourself. You must take up your cross and follow me. 35If you want to save your life, you will destroy it. But if you give up your life for me and for the good news, you will save it. 36What will you gain, if you own the whole world but destroy yourself? 37What could you give to get back your soul? 38Don't be ashamed of me and my message among these unfaithful and sinful people! If you are, the Son of Man will be ashamed of you when he comes in the glory of his Father with the holy angels

This whole last section really stood out to me! Its basically saying to let go of yourself
if you want to follow Jesus, you must be able to give everything up, including yourself. Its pretty intense isnt it..... hahaha to some of us , its like "how the heck do we do that?!" but it means that we cant have pride in the way, we cant let greed, or temptation get in the way. Remember that story, when God told Lot to leave, and if anyone in his family looked back that they would die? Then...of course...someone had to look back... because they just couldnt let go of all of their stuff. Its difficult...but thats exactly what Jesus is telling us to do. Leave it all behind, and dont look back, because once you start walking down that road with Christ, theres no turning back.
But before we can even go along with Him, we must understand that there is NOTHING more precious than Christ.
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:42 am

Hey guys.. sorry for not posting lately... I've been slacking off too much on devo's and I realize it was wrong for me to ignore devo's and I hope that the team will accept my apology for not commiting even small parts of my day to these. Sorry...

8 The crowd ate its fill. Seven sacks of leftovers were collected.9 There were well over four thousand at the meal. Then he sent them home.

So I thought this verse stood out because it is what encompasses what the whole section of this chapter stands for. The chapter shows how amazing things God does through people may be. Jesus fed 4000 people with a basket of bread. Though this section was in a story or narrative format, this one has a message. God can do anything. It never ceases to amaze me how great the things God can do can be. But what we need to understand, or what we can learn from this is to have faith. Only through faith can God do anything. If Jesus or even the disciples had no faith, how could the 4000 have been filled? Day to day, miracles happen, and what we need is faith, not for the sake of miracles, but for the sake of the relationship between us and God. I think that anything is possible through God and the way to God is through faith.

Good night.

DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:58 am

what i noticed from this book were that people were totally ignoring or disregarding Jesus' mircles, yet asked for more from Him!
so i think sometimes it shows us that God is right infront of us and is so obviously close to us, when we feel like were lost and he has left us.
this chapter shows the ignorance of people, and it kinda relates back to us! that we ignore all of the things tht God gave to us and all of the miracles he still preforms in this world
hehe i think this chapter is good in the way that it reminds us to be more mindful of our surroundings and that maybe we should pray to be able to see what God does for us ddaily better? Smile
33 Jesus turned around and looked at his disciples, then reprimanded Peter. “Get away from me, Satan!” he said. “You are seeing things merely from a human point of view, not from God’s.”
that verse shocked me with how harshly Jesus reprimanded Peter for what he did! yeah thats all ahaha
a short devvoo todayy but thats what igot! Razz
nighhty night Smile
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:30 am

21 “Don’t you understand yet?” he asked them.

I didn't want to put all of it, but the whole passage from verse 4 to 21, at first, I thought I was reading chapter six again. Hahaha.
I was thinking about it, and why would Jesus have done the same exact miracle again?
What was he trying to show us?
I think he was trying to show us that, as Julian said, he's always there for us.
If we have faith, we have everything we need.

That's what I got. Goodnight, guys.
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down