Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luke 15 May 23rd

+3
josephpaik
Grace
Kevin
7 posters

Go down

Luke 15 May 23rd Empty Luke 15 May 23rd

Post  Kevin Mon May 23, 2011 3:10 pm

Victoria Day!
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Luke 15 May 23rd Empty Re: Luke 15 May 23rd

Post  Grace Mon May 23, 2011 10:27 pm

hope everyone had an awesome long weekend.
mine had some dramatic ups and downs, but overall, i got a lot of rest and im pretty satisfied Smile ahaha could use one more day though Razz

So in this chapter, i really liked the part when Jesus basically says that no one should be left behind, even that ONE sheep who strays off, it is important to go and look for that one lost sheep until it is found. It's a lot like our relationship with God. Even if we stray off and get ourselves lost, God always makes an effort to get us back on track.

Secondly, this chapter includes the parable of the two sons.
i get so many different messages from this parable, but one message stays constant to me.
and this is that God will ALWAYS accept us back, no matter how much bad we've done.
He will always welcome us with open arms and will love us just the same Smile
It's really awesome, knowing that I have a God who loves me THAT much. That in all of my shame and sorrow, God's view of me, will never change. It encourages me to try and please Him even more and to give back and love Him, just as He loved me first.
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Mon May 23, 2011 10:47 pm

Hey guys
Some things that I learned in this chapter was that there is so much more joy when a sinner goes back to the right path than when more righteous people constantly stay on the right path. I thought this was great to reflect on considering how EVERY day, we stray off to the wrong path. More personally, this actually made me feel more special. Our God is such a caring God that he would leave however number of his children to find one that is lost. He cares for each and everyone of us like the sheperd in the analogy of the lost sheep. Also, in the parable of the lost son, it is demonstrated that neither of the sons loved their father. The first one didn't TRULY love him because he pretty much said "Die so I can have all your estate" and the second one didn't truly love him because he simply worked hard and had the title of a good son because he wanted that title, not because he truly loved his dad. This was shown when he did not respect his father's decision when he took his son back. That being said, our God is very similar to the man in the parable. That man showed unconditional love to his son despite what he had said and done. No matter how much it seemed as if they didn't love him, he gave them all their love no matter what. The amount of love that we give to God cannot be compared to how much he loves us and how he loves us.

Hahaha this was a great chapter
Good night guys!
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Tue May 24, 2011 12:21 am

In this chapter, all the subheadings were
The Parable of the ..........
It was about a group of things but one got missing then the person goes back and finds it.
After finding it, they rejoice with friends and neighbors.
The Main message is basically that we are basically missing in Gods group, and eventually he will bring us back and rejoice. That is when we will truly accept Jesus Christ as OUR Savior. YEEEEEE
There wasnt much to talk about except that message.
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Tue May 24, 2011 12:35 am

The electrician's car? A volts wagon.

So today, the chapter talks a lot about how when we find ourselves lost, God is always looking for us. He rejoyces in finding us and when he does, he celebrates. It makes me happy and it makes me feel blessed to know that I have someone looking out for me. When we abandon him, or when we loose sight of him, he always goes back looking for us. Also, this chapter expands on the idea of the sick patient compared to a healthy one. In earlier chapters, Jesus explains that he came to heal the sick, and I think that is such an important part of our lives. I think its important we always consider ourselves lucky. Sorry for the short devo, but thats all I got.
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Tue May 24, 2011 12:37 am

thia chapter was mainly about when one thing gets lost, you look for it and you rejoice when you find it. This is like how it is for God. We all get lost sometime or another, and when you finally get "found" and you both rejoice. You are with ur father nd he is with u! Smile
also, like kevin said, people who go astray from the path have a lot more presepctive than the people who stay on the path for the whole time. it really opens their eyes of how much God really loves and cares for them. it also makes them feel as though they arent lost within the millions and millions of people that are also God's children. You are special to Him as every other person is! <3
yeah thats what i got for today! Razz night guys!
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Tue May 24, 2011 4:21 am

Hey guys, Got paid times and a half for working today. It was awesome but SOOO BORING! i wanted to shoot myself

So this is the chapter that I shared a lot about, i dun't know if you guys paid attention when I was doing my devos.
but yea, I posted 2 about this and also shared with you guys in person. the 2 son parable, he was dead and is alive again.
Just like what moses shared yesterday, we cut the branch so it can grow a healthy branch. We only die so that we can
have a chance to grow again, to be stronger and fortified. This is something that will always happen over and over again
and we should know that when we die, it's not necessarily a bad thing. Iunno, this is my favourite chapter in the bible
and speaks so much to me
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Tue May 24, 2011 6:05 pm

Hey guys.

My mind was pretty busy and blown apart from the many things that happened... I won't get into too much detail, but this is what I got from this particular chapter - the idea of lost and found.

God is always beside us, whether we realize it or not. And from time to time, we end up being lost from God - running away and following our own choices even though God suggests his best. He never forgets to search for us, and it's really why he's our father - not only does he just say, he also shows through his own actions. Whether he's searching for the lost sheep, the lost coin, or even the lost son, we are all to him. Had he not been our father, he wouldn't care - he wouldn't hate, but rather he would be ignorant of us. Even when we're lost and when he finds us, we celebrate and rejoice in his love and in his presence.

The last two verses speak of God's continuing providence. He always continues to turn evil into good through his power - from being dead to being alive. From being lost to being dead, praise God.

I've got a whole lot on my plate this week, lately because of my own actions and worries. Please continue to pray for me as time goes on.

Take care guys. Will hit up the next devo.
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down